It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. health agency stages bird flu war game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

U.S. health agency stages bird flu war game

www.reuters.com

ATLANTA (Reuters) - A leading U.S. health agency staged a war game this week to test its response to one of the worst health emergencies it could imagine -- an outbreak of avian flu on American soil.

The exercise, which ended on Friday, was designed to simulate how the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention would marshal its resources, coordinate with other branches of government and, crucially, reassure the public while preparing it for a possible pandemic.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
US health agencies preparing for the worst case scenario on the mainland, of which the Bird Flu would be the pandemic.

quoting from the story: "In some ways the war game resembled the hit U.S. TV show "24," with health officials battling in real time to save the United States from imminent disaster, though of course minus the violence."

I understand that there needs to be preparations to prevent a bad situation turning worse, but come on.

"There's just so many things that could go wrong here, just which one should we pick to get the best results?" Anyone else picturing the fear button being whacked by everyone in the lab?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think that it is good that they are preparing, as a bird flu outbreak in
North America, or Europe, East Asia or Australia for that matter is one
of the worst things that can happen.

If you think about it, a bird flu outbreak is much worse than nuclear or
dirty bomb going off to.

With a nuke/d-bomb the people effected are going to be in a specific
area, that compared to the rest of the country is very small.

Now a bird flue outbreak, well it's much more quiet, and can effect the
entire country, and pretty much the entire world, that is in contact with
one another at least.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
If you think about it, a bird flu outbreak is much worse than nuclear or
dirty bomb going off to.

With a nuke/d-bomb the people effected are going to be in a specific
area, that compared to the rest of the country is very small.

I don't know where you get your information, but I think you're wrong on this statement. Yes I agree that a bird flu outbreak would be bad, but not in the least would it be worse than a nuclear weapon of any type.

These two shots only depict effects of wind on the carrying of nuclear fallout.

However, I didn't post this to debate which would be the better "attack weapon", if that's what you want to call it.

I posted this article due to the comparison with Fox's 24, being used in the article. It's completely ludicrous that anyone would attempt to pass along the "panic button", in the case of a bird flu pandemic.

top topics

join