It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head-2-Head PODCast Debate: Liberty Versus Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Welcome to our very first Head-2-Head Political PODCast Debate!

This is a new format that we are testing out with our members, and seeing if it works. We'll get our feet wet, give a few members an opportunity to duke it out, and then see if we need to add, remove, or tweak any little portion of the process. Remember, this is your forum, your debate, and we are hear to operate to meet your needs. But enough of that, lets get to it.

Subject

"Are Security Measures Justified To The Extent That Civil Liberties Can Be Sacrificed?"

Participants

Pro - semperfortis
Con - whatukno

Guidelines

1. Each member will post an opening statement, two rebuttals, and one closing statement.

2. If it is proven that a member is plagiarizing the podcast, they will forfeit the debate and possibly face further actions.

3. Each reply must be within 48 hours of the previous.

4. Opening and Closing Statements can be no longer than 6 minutes in length, and any rebuttal can be no longer than 12 minutes in length.

6. semperfortis will post first.

If either of you see an infraction, contact me via u2u to discuss the course of actions.

General Rules

The following General H2H Debate Rules (current at the time this debate started) apply:

1. Any violation of the terms of a debate will result in a forfeiture.

2. Any participant may voluntarily forfeit at any time.

3. Forfeitures are final. If you want a rematch, start a new debate thread.

4. Only agreed-upon participants may post to the podcast thread.

5. Disruption by non-participants in debate threads, T&C violations or failure to cooperate with the H2H staff may result in loss of Fighter status.

6. AP/H2H staff may take action as they see fit to maintain proper H2H forum operation.

7. As with all forums, the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use apply.

Good luck to both participants! Contact me via u2u when the debate has concluded.

Thanks.

The PODCast can be found Here!

H2H PODCast Debate: Liberty Versus Security

[edit on 28-4-2007 by chissler]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The PODcast debate has concluded!

On Sunday, I'll put up my thoughts and send it over to the judges. Given the format of this debate, it may take some time before we can get around to it. I'm off for the weekend as I'm off for a few days on work related items. But I'll be back Sunday evening and will be on top of this upon arrival.

Congrats to you both.

This Is Open For Comment From Any Fighter!

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Whatukno,

OUTSTANDING!!!

Congratulations goes out from me to you regardless of the outcome..

I have no idea what the judges will think of this first ever podcast debate, but I for one really enjoyed it and thought that you did a wonderful job..

So here's to you my friend and I hope we can do this again..

Semper

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just listening to some of the debate now. I'll listen to most of it and upload a PODcast in a few on my initial thoughts. I do not intend to judge this debate, but I have made contact with quite a few staff members to voice in on this one.

Of course, they will be anonymous. But I plan on offering up a lot of thoughts and opinions.

Stay Tuned...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
OOOPS,

Look there, I just dropped a 100 dollar bill....

Guess I'll leave it there until the debate is decided...

Would not be surprised if it was picked up by a judge or someone...

Just sayin...

Semper

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Results are in.

PODcast Debate

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Congradulations Semper, GREAT job!

I can't say that I am surprised at the outcome of this debate, you fought tenaciously and with great tact. Your points were well thought out and it was quite a challenge just to keep up to the lofty level that you had set.

Quite the well deserved win Semper, and I salute you.

Semper Fi!

P.S. Stay safe out there, & remember that there are people out here that do appreciate what you do to keep us safe.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
WOW!!!

I really thought I lost that one...

Whatukno, you REALLY put up a GREAT fight and I thought I was doomed..

It was fantastic debating someone with your ability, intellect and thoughtfulness, thank you and I would LOVE to do it again..

Chissler,
Keep me in mind for anyone wanting to debate again in the Podcast Debate. I LOVED IT!

Semper

new topics

top topics

join