It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are not the Bible's target audience.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
TheB1ueSoldier, of course ol' willy didn't write for people in the 21st century. it's why you watch/read the plays and think about the context.

people need to realize that the bible is about THEMES and SYMBOLISM not something to be taken literally

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Arabic Turkish Chinese are classical languages;
By that when we study these languages using a wisdom method of looking sideways to see how words fit into word families and how they relate from a very simple basic meaning to a secondary meaning and onto a higher spiritual meaning....
Take the word God "El "is the most basic expression of the word and has a grammatical meaning of "The" as in this indicates something of great significance.
Like all classical languages rooted in the world of 5,000 year plus wisdom the word has a meaning straight out of the pages of nature- so Allah or Hebrew pronunciation Ellah- means Oak Tree; thus in Isaiah in the modern transaltion we have "you shall be trees of righteousness the planting of the lord" while the Hebrew test simply says "you will be God" or the alternative translation "you shall be Oak tree"
so which is correct ? Ah....well going back 5,000 plus years in the middle east Nimrods Baal relgion (the relgion of old Babylon) is supreme and so Tree worship and objects (I don't need to explain what objects to those of you who have perverted and sinful minds as this ancient relgion is quite contemporary ) made from various trees have signficance in relgion.

This then raises the hoary question with respect to the bible- which came first ? Was the bible written under the influence of cultuc Nimrod style false religions which were a cultural sea in which the descendants of Shem lived... or did the bible get the truth first and Nimrod come along and pervert and twist God's truth (with the help of his father-the father of lies) and so the result was that the bible and witchcraft have exactly the same basic materials but use them in totally different ways to produce totally differnt out comes

So getting back to Oak Trees; In the story of the life of David David had an charismatic adviser with along name which i have difficultity remembering and it is said of him that David treated his advise as being from God. David for a number of reasons was getting old and loosing it and so his talented and beautiful son Absolum makes a push for power and gets advice from the advisor that best way to get it on with the population is to hold an open air live sex show with David's most talented subjects. OK so The Law has been totally compromised....but David beingthe loving father that he is will not lift a little finger to touch Absoum even though a civil war is being fought and David is fleeing for his life.
So the Advisor goes and hangs himself "cursed is he who hangs from a tree" and Absolum is racing through the forest on his horse and his long hair gets caught in the branches of an Oak Tree and he hangs as well.
Thus who killed Absolum An Oak Tree (Allah) or God (Allah) Both.

Now why am i going on like this ? (You already have worked out I'm mad but apart from that)

The point of this entire thread is that the bible is not written for us!
The bible is written for people who can understand the subtle wisdom and spiritual meaning which the Arabic/Hebrew language carries.
This book- Al Kutabu is it's Arabic name belongs to them.

Studying the Hans Weir dictionary some years back I discovered 23 different word families which taken as a whole with all the meanings of the root and it's derivaties- explain the concept of Covenant.

When did you last go to a Christian church and have a comprehensive explanation of the concept of covenant and therefore why the blood of the lamb/Great Sacrifice is central to all true relgion....exactly.... so you get my point!

Only when god demolishes the ticky tacky boxes painted all different coluurs that passes for the utterly pathetic an inadequate Christian religon can we have any hope of comprehending just how serious God is about his book and the understanding of it in terms of the language in which it was written.
The prophet jeremiah was called as prophet to do what; Tear down demolish than sort of thing and then maybe to plant. work to do!

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul NZ
Like all classical languages rooted in the world of 5,000 year plus wisdom

i'm not even going to bother responding to the rest because it is fairly... unsupported by anything other than the words you are writing out.

anyway. 5000+ years?
yeah, that's a really big plus.
....like a 4.57 billion year plus.

that's massive.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join