It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must there be an answer to WHY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I was reading an attack on atheists just a few minutes ago and it talked about how we see an empty, mainly because when asked "why are we here?" we normally answer "for no particular reason"

atheists say that there is no answer to why, and that we don't need an answer to why

theists, why must there be an answer to why?

SR

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow nice one yeah exacatly i don't see why people have a problem with there being nothing as inherently nothing is something so if you believe in nothing you are effectively believing in something.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
"Why?" is relative, anyway. One man's "why?" is another man's "why not?"

SR

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Like a question can be an answer and an answer can be a question.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hi/

I was reading an attack on atheists just a few minutes ago and it talked about how we see an empty, mainly because when asked "why are we here?" we normally answer "for no particular reason"

Well that depends!
Have you asked your parents as to why you are here?
Well the first most obvious fact to why you are here is because of your parents.
Or your mother and her partner.
Or a male and female .

atheists say that there is no answer to why, and that we don't need an answer to why

You cannot speak for all people who claim to be 'atheist' because I am sure each and everyone of them have a different view as to why they give an answer to that type of question.Many believe that they do not need a particular deighty or God in their life....It is a choice!

theists, why must there be an answer to why?

Well we all have questions that we want answers to........Have you not asked that question just in this post?
Why must a non atheist give an answer as to why, when you yourself is unable to give that answer!

IX
helen

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hi madness/

Well,I believe in a higher power because I know that I have many unanswered questions myself and human logic is only own opinion based.
I choose to believe in God because I have faith and hope that we are not here on earth, just for the heck of it, but for a reason.
When I do something wrong,my conscience tells me that something is not right and therefore I feel guilt....where does this guilt come from?
I guess Faith, Hope and Love is mans true instinct in life.

Why some people call themselves atheists and dont want to give a reason as to why?
It is not for me to judge or give an answer to.....it is merely up to that person as to why they choose to be that!

take care,
helen

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Good luck to all the atheists trying to live a happy life.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Good luck to all the atheists trying to live a happy life.

Dont need luck, I live a very happy life without the need to blame things on other mythical beings - 'God did this' and 'God did that'.
Take responsibility for your own lifes and stop with the religious crutch.

G

top topics

join