It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is John Lear Spreading Disinfo?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have enjoyed Mr. Lear's writings and ideas since I hve begun my time here on ATS.

And while I don't necessarily believe everything I read, (The soul tower, for example, as stated in a previous post) his idea's and beliefs do cause me to think and consider what he is saying.

I don't think that he spreads disinformation, I think he is genuine in what he believes, and lets face it, the gov lies to us on a regular basis and has more tech/unknown knowledge/secrets then we can shake a stick at... Some of what he is saying may very well be plausible, or even real.

So in my humble opinion, no on the disinformation, Yes to some far fetched yet interesting concepts.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeros

I would say most likely not. First of all he usually has evidence to back up his claims and second he has a lot of experience working for the cia. Can he be spreading half-truths or exaggerating? Perhaps, but who is not either willingly or unwillingly? In this black world it is easy to be mislead if your not careful.

IMO he deserves a lot of credit for conveying knowledge that is hidden to all but the highest ranking need-to-know generals, cia/nsa agents, masons, scientists, etc. Massive kudos!

It is truely a shame that most people do not take him and other whisteblowers more seriously. We could all learn a lot but most people are too "proud" to listen. They think they already know everything and with their close minded mentality they have reached the conclusion that far-out claims usually equate to "garbage".

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My opinion on Lear is this...

He's an old guy having his last hurrah. I think when he was a pilot and all that, when he might have had access to this kind of information, he picked up a few bits and pieces. Maybe he saw some secret craft back in his day, maybe it's something we see every day now and it's not even secret, but at the time he felt pretty good about himself because he knew a secret. Then he probably told a few close friends over some beer, they hung on his every word and he liked the feeling. Over time the story got embellished from 'seeing a new high performance jet' to 'seeing a top secret spy jet' to 'seeing a super top secret jet so incredible it might as well have been alien' to 'seeing an alien jet and meeting the aliens' etc.

I don't believe his story but I don't hold any ill will, because like I said... John Lear is OLD. All of you have an elderly grandfather who tells you war stories where he single handedly defeated the oncoming German platoon by himself while carrying two helpless French girls on either shoulder. Grandpa probably fought in WW2, he probably killed some Germans, but we all know how the story really ended.

Give the old guy his last 5 mins, who's it going to hurt...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1-Cent

In my humble opinion he deserves a lot more than 'five minutes of glory'. Again I am not saying he knows everything but he probably knows enough to distinguish an f-117a from a zeti-reticulean craft or whatever else it is.

Give us a break dude! Not everyone is stupid!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 1-Cent

This is so easy to say, it clearly shows me that you absolute have no idea of what you are talking about.
How easy is it to criticise a person like in this case John Lear for the things he says with as reason that he is old?

Really a low level disrespectful post in my opinion.

[edit on 2/5/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1-Cent
My opinion on Lear is this...

He's an old guy having his last hurrah. I think when he was a pilot and all that, when he might have had access to this kind of information, he picked up a few bits and pieces. Maybe he saw some secret craft back in his day, maybe it's something we see every day now and it's not even secret, but at the time he felt pretty good about himself because he knew a secret. Then he probably told a few close friends over some beer, they hung on his every word and he liked the feeling. Over time the story got embellished from 'seeing a new high performance jet' to 'seeing a top secret spy jet' to 'seeing a super top secret jet so incredible it might as well have been alien' to 'seeing an alien jet and meeting the aliens' etc.

I don't believe his story but I don't hold any ill will, because like I said... John Lear is OLD. All of you have an elderly grandfather who tells you war stories where he single handedly defeated the oncoming German platoon by himself while carrying two helpless French girls on either shoulder. Grandpa probably fought in WW2, he probably killed some Germans, but we all know how the story really ended.

Give the old guy his last 5 mins, who's it going to hurt...

Dude, thumbs down in a big way.

Have you spent any time visiting with John? It looks like you are a new member, so i would reason that you haven't.

If you have yet to visit with John, i might suggest that your input, while welcome, is of little to no value.

If you would like to educate yourself on who John is, there is a link in my signature. You will find some info on him there, as well as links to forums he participates in. While I wouldn't go so far as to say he would be happy to talk with you, and will be friendly, i can assure you that he will give you the time of day and will be cordial.

LOL..."he is old". How morose is that? By the same standard, should we take pity on you for being so young?

[edit on 2-5-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uberaris
I have enjoyed Mr. Lear's writings and ideas since I hve begun my time here on ATS.

And while I don't necessarily believe everything I read, (The soul tower, for example, as stated in a previous post) his idea's and beliefs do cause me to think and consider what he is saying.

I don't think that he spreads disinformation, I think he is genuine in what he believes, and lets face it, the gov lies to us on a regular basis and has more tech/unknown knowledge/secrets then we can shake a stick at... Some of what he is saying may very well be plausible, or even real.

So in my humble opinion, no on the disinformation, Yes to some far fetched yet interesting concepts.

I think this sums it up quite nicely. Well put.

John is no disinfo guy. If he were, you would likely here a different schpiel. I don't agree with everything he says, but it DOES provoke thought.

regardless, there is no reason to be disrespectul to the man. He makes himself very available for public discourse.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
reply to post by 1-Cent

My opinion on you is this.

You have absolute now idea what you are talking about, and it is definitely not my regular way of saying something like this but go wash your dirty mouth and don’t come up again with such bullshxt about John Lear.

Well, I must say, I've been shown

I mean seriously, Lear's story has so many holes and so much information hes seemingly just crammed in there to get a rise out of people do I really even need to address any of it? Some stories are borderline plausible where its hard to say if it could have really happened but Lear is really out there, REALLY out there.

Hologram airplanes flying into the WTC? CIA model mockups of the damage?? Soul collectors? Greys stealing souls?!
To protect democracy the government (unspecified) sold us to the greys for technology (how does that make sense!?) Aliens create computer controlled holographic 'miracles' to reinforce religion?? Venus has a population similar to Earth and the people of Venus have a level of technology similar to ours!? People being abducted and having their colons cored out? CIA laboratories with quote "huge vats filled with an amber liquid with parts of human bodies being stirred inside."

I can go on if you like, just say the word because theres no shortage of material

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The 'hes old' comment was a joke, you know, for smiles, lighten up.

I realize Lear is somewhat of a figure here, he has some entertaining stories and he does provoke thought as well as open mindedness. But that doesn't give him a license to go around saying what ever he likes and having every word he speaks blindly accepted as truth regardless of how absolutely out of his mind he may sound.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
reply to post by 1-Cent

My opinion on you is this.

You have absolute now idea what you are talking about, and it is definitely not my regular way of saying something like this but go wash your dirty mouth and don’t come up again with such bullshxt about John Lear.

Well, I must say, I've been shown

I mean seriously, Lear's story has so many holes and so much information hes seemingly just crammed in there to get a rise out of people do I really even need to address any of it? Some stories are borderline plausible where its hard to say if it could have really happened but Lear is really out there, REALLY out there.

Hologram airplanes flying into the WTC? CIA model mockups of the damage?? Soul collectors? Greys stealing souls?!
To protect democracy the government (unspecified) sold us to the greys for technology (how does that make sense!?) Aliens create computer controlled holographic 'miracles' to reinforce religion?? Venus has a population similar to Earth and the people of Venus have a level of technology similar to ours!? People being abducted and having their colons cored out? CIA laboratories with quote "huge vats filled with an amber liquid with parts of human bodies being stirred inside."

I can go on if you like, just say the word because theres no shortage of material

As I said, you have absolute now idea what you are talking about

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The 'hes old' comment was a joke, you know, for smiles, lighten up.

I realize Lear is somewhat of a figure here, he has some entertaining stories and he does provoke thought as well as open mindedness. But that doesn't give him a license to go around saying what ever he likes and having every word he speaks blindly accepted as truth regardless of how absolutely out of his mind he may sound.

I might add that it seems to give you little reason to speak in such a manner.

I defend his right to do what you believe he has no "license" to do. He most certainly CAN go around saying what he likes. It is understandable that ATS and he dissolved the relationship, but he still has a forum, provided by Pegasus (among other) and is still accessible if you would like to visit with him.

No one's word is blindly accepted as truth, at least not by someone with common sense. The one's without common sense, well that is their problem.

Reglardless, people do not need a savior to protect them from Mr. Lear. There have been countless ones before you, and I just want to save you the effort.

If you have evidence, please share. Otherwise, you must understand that it seems low class to make negative comments about a man in a forum in which he cannot respond in defense of himself.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1-Cent

I don't know why you're catching so much heat for writing what may be a true statement. What you stated may be the reality of John Lear. Just some retired guy with a knack for telling tall-tales. And people are getting their panties in a bunch.....amazing.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
My panties bunch up because mainly because he seemed somewhat disrespectful with the "old" statement. as well, it would seem that this thread is basically dead, as John has left the building.

Regardless, do you not tire of the whole "he has no right to sit there and say whatever he wants" responses?

MrPenny, you are a worthy foe of John. Don't confuse yourself with others.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

John Lear has placed himself as a public person, so whether he is here or not, is meaningless. Many other public persons are lauded, derided, praised, or otherwise discussed here without any concern as to their ability to respond.

I can't make the judgment call as to whether or not referring to someone as old is "disrespectful" or not. To a person at the tender age of 15-16 yrs....yeah, 65 could be described as "old". Odd that referring to someone as "young" doesn't have the knee-jerk reaction that "old" elicits.

No, I don't tire of the "he has no right to sit there and say whatever he wants" comments. Because it isn't a burden on me; simply another person's opinion expressed on a relatively benign medium. And, as I'm sure you know, those type of comments have zero affect on what John Lear writes now, or will right later, regardless of the url used to access his writing.

Now, on topic......yeah, it could be argued that his topics are in the arena of "disinformation". It goes against the "standard model"...suggests conspiratorial intent by those in power....and seemingly seeks to alter the reader's perception of events and history.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
After hearing one of lears lectures online- I was offended when he stated that after we die our souls travel to the tower on the moon to be reprocessed then sent back here (he said someone tracked the soul to the moon after dying in a car accident). Not only was this unbelievable...but as someone who really doesn't value religion but highly values life- its offensive. Its wrong and irresponsible to say anything along those lines. He makes life seem so invaluable and worthless- like we are just here to die then be born again then die. Granted that's part of life- but his false claim about the moon soul tower harvesting souls is irresponsible and obviously incorrect. Therefore- I don't truly trust the majority of his claims. Also- on Coast2Coast listeners called in and asked him why no private astronomers or even seti have gotten alien signals and frankly he kept saying "I don't know"....For someone to go as far as to say that Venus, Mars, and the moon have atmosphere's just like earth and a large population- but then to say he has no idea of why nobody's gotten signals yet is utterly unbelievable. I don't think he's a bad man. I just think he combines barely any truth with fantasy. No doubt his UFO jet propulsion theories seem accurate...but everything else should be taken very lightly. Its very disheartening to hear what that man said about life in general...I just don't buy his stories. As far as knowledge of crafts and government programs he's in the know...but how he would have any idea about anything else is bull....I'll steer clear of anything this man has to say...I still think he's a disinformation agent...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PimpyMcgibbins
(he said someone tracked the soul to the moon after dying in a car accident).

That would be Joe McMoneagle...

Joseph McMoneagle (Born January 10, 1946, Miami, Florida) is known for his involvement in the development of Remote Viewing by the CIA, U.S. Army Intelligence and the Stanford Research Institute. He was one of the original Officers recruited for the top-secret army program now known as Project Star Gate.

Ingo Swann was the 'grandfather of remote viewing and also with the Project Stargate, as was Ron Blackburn... Stargate ran from 1968 to 1995 when Congress forced them to admit what had been going on... Work continues however under PsiTech... If you can find a copy read "Penetration" by Ingo Swann... you will be better informed

Ingo and Joe both have their own websites and so does PsiTech

Ron was over for dinner the other night at John's house... this is where John gets his 'ideas'

Also their are many Native cultures that have it in their religions that souls go to the moon... so getting 'insulted' seems a little rash IMO

Its wrong and irresponsible to say anything along those lines.

Well tell your government they funded Project Stargate

like we are just here to die then be born again then die.

Well everyone that believes in reincarnation would agree with that... die and be born again... but with purpose... your supposed to learn something along the way so you can finally excape the Kindergarten that is Earth

Also- on Coast2Coast listeners called in and asked him why no private astronomers or even seti have gotten alien signals and frankly he kept saying "I don't know"....

He doesn't know... we have talked at length about that... MY personal opinion is that SETI is wasting time...

Our first TV signal for example left Earth about 100 years ago... so that signal is only 100 light years from Earth and has barely reached a few star systems and I bet it is so degraded that it would be hard to pick out from background noise

I wish SETI would look in local space for ship to ship communication
If the UFO's are here, pick up local chatter...

BUT even Star Trek showed us this... they use sub space communication WHY? because if they used normal radio if they just went to the closest Star with FTL or "Warp" drive... it would take over 4 years for their message to get there

Now is SETI looking for sub space signals? Does SETI even know what frequency sub space radio is on? Does anyone on Earth know how it works?

For someone to go as far as to say that Venus, Mars, and the moon have atmosphere's just like earth and a large population- but then to say he has no idea of why nobody's gotten signals yet is utterly unbelievable.

What I find more likely is that they HAVE gotten signals... in fact it is our believe they know all about them and have signed agreements like the Greada Treaty

May 1954 again under the Eisenhower administration the third extension of this treaty was signed called ‘The Greada treaty’

I don't think he's a bad man. I just think he combines barely any truth with fantasy. No doubt his UFO jet propulsion theories seem accurate...but everything else should be taken very lightly.

LOL the propulsion theories are from Bob Lazar who is currently back at Los Alamos... what you need to do is rather than just listen and make 'opinions' you should actually take the time to follow the hints, clues and leads he gives and do your own research.

When I first ran into John I was skeptic as well... but I didn't just naysay him... I looked up stuff and since then have made some impressive contacts with real facts...

Its easy to sit in judgment under a nickname... but until you walk where he has walked and meet those he meets with on a weekly basis... you really have no idea...

I'll steer clear of anything this man has to say...I still think he's a disinformation agent...

No problem and I doubt you will be on any guest list in the near future...

But how is it 'disinfo' if no one believes it?

Now then do YOU have any good info or secrets to share? No? Thought so... but at least John hangs with some interesting people that ARE 'in the know'

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i would have to second what zorgon says. i communicate VERY little with john. he doesn't like some of my theories, so i leave him be (although, i think that post Pari Spolter, he has come around quite a bit).

but much of what he says is based on information he has recieved, and he has openly told us in the past on this site exactly what that information is.

for someone to be so emotionally attached to their disdain for john seems, well, absurd.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan he doesn't like some of my theories, so i leave him be (although, i think that post Pari Spolter, he has come around quite a bit).

Hehehe I been working on him. He is starting to come around on zero point and electric universe

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Electric universe theory, hm…
I am curious, does that mean if I can find a piece of meteor, I can plug a wire into it and run my electricity off of it for awhile? It would be really helpful in decreasing my electric bill.

Edit, missed an "o"

[edit on 6/8/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by zorgon

Electric universe theory, hm…
I am curious, does that mean if I can find a piece of meter, I can plug a wire into it and run my electricity off of it for awhile? It would be really helpful in decreasing my electric bill.

Why run a wire all the way to a meteor? Just drag a few thousand feet of copper wire across our own ionosphere, and VOILA!!!

but if we are to discuss the EU theory, are you familiar with it, and the evidence supporting it? Surely you know that LANL and NASA are sharing resources while pioneering much of the plasma cosmology research, and we have countless documents discussing the plasma concerns while in LEO.

You can argue the finer points of those like Wallace Thornhill. But you cannot argue that the theory gains more and more momentum.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join