It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is John Lear Spreading Disinfo?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Let me give an outsiders view, seeing as I am fairly new to the forum.
I fidna lot of these posts with allegatory labels such as
"Is John Lear an NSA agent?
"Why is John Lear lying?"
And similar names.
But What I don't find is a good clear cut case of where he is lying.

Why not do what Reagan said, Trust, but verify"?
I assume most of you have, I would be remiss if I did the same as you.
So then wheres the evidence?

Oh, I see the picture of his head on a bigfoot...

So as a new comer to the board, he isn't banned and it looks as though he's received some accommodations from the Moderators.
If he is such a liar or a disinformation agent , then why isn't proper taken to ensure we don't deal with it?

I've seen guys come here with UFO pics only to be outted as a fake and then banned within 48 hours.

Yet he still remains.

Why?

My guess, is people just have to pick on him, because he's fairly famous.

Now I know Ive only seen a few of his posts, and I have my doubts as well, ( A soul tower?) but he can believe whatever he wants just as I can.

Maybe I don't have all the facts, and thats probably been true, although Ive been looking for the reasoning behind this.

Like I said, just a newbies opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I've always wondered...if there are all these huge objects/bases on the moon surface then why haven't any amateurs using regular telescopes ever seen them? I mean even with a £70 telescope you can get a fairly decent view of the lunar surface.

Its impossible to say if John Lear is telling the truth without going up to the moon and looking for ourselves. There will always be doubt until people can experience it first hand lol.

In reference to the Lunar base video: To the people who believe the Discloser projects Military witnesses, you have to ask yourself, if these people are so obviously incapable of handling Top Secret data then why were they given access to it in the first place? All people given access to such data would have to undergo rigorous psychological evaluation (above the evaluation they would have to pass to get the job) to determine their ability to maintain the necessary levels of secrecy (& in effect loyalty). I wouldn't be surprised if these witnesses were simply looking for some extra cash and Disclosure project happened to pay up...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chupa101
I've always wondered...if there are all these huge objects/bases on the moon surface then why haven't any amateurs using regular telescopes ever seen them? I mean even with a £70 telescope you can get a fairly decent view of the lunar surface.

Simple even the Lick Observatory 36" isn't powerful enough to spot a base on the moon. Unless the lights are on... And astronomers have been seeing lights on the moon for decades, but no one listens.

Its impossible to say if John Lear is telling the truth without going up to the moon and looking for ourselves. There will always be doubt until people can experience it first hand lol.

Not impossible... just very difficult. I have some stuff that will be coming out as soon as I get permissions etc in place, This will help a lot...
So stay tuned

To the people who believe the Discloser projects Military witnesses, you have to ask yourself, if these people are so obviously incapable of handling Top Secret data then why were they given access to it in the first place?

I have asked myself this a lot... and I have a problem with this partial disclosure... Why not just come out and say it seeing as you already have your name and face out there? Well at least within the confines of "national security"

And therin lies the rub... that is one powerful control.

But I have to add since I began this search, I have had people of that level come to me directly and tell me things... Their credentials are real, but though they wish to convey more, they speak in guarded riddles, constantly catching themselves as they speak. Its frustrating, but I understand it. The desire to talk is there, but they cannot spit it out.

The thing that gets me that is important... they do not think us crazy... and I recenty had one put it this way... "You only have the tip of the cat's tail..."

[edit on 23-7-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chupa101

Maybe because there really isnt anything there other than what people *want* to be there?. Just take a llok at the photos posted. They would have you believe that shadows are machines and rock formations are mining settlements

I think one good read of the things that John Lear posts is in itself evidence that it isnt the truth. Soul Collectors, moon bases, every planet inhabitted and his latest one where he saysyou can land on the sun

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
LOL Just noticed your signature...

"If I walk around with a Torch, am I an 'Illuminati'??"

If you have to ask that, you certainly are not

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
LOL Just noticed your signature...
"If I walk around with a Torch, am I an 'Illuminati'??"
If you have to ask that, you certainly are not

Humour isnt one of your strong points is it?

Did you manage to extract your foot from your mouth yet?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Uplifted, you have more positive IQ than most. In the matter of the video of Boyd Bushman and the David Sereda 4 hour show, there was at the first part, a piece about the classified nature of anti-gravity. Everytime the subject comes up, the people need to see:

www.youtube.com...

Boyd is even associated with same person making the statement on the classified nature and both are together professionally and personal friend.

This video piece says it all!

[edit on 30-7-2007 by RexWebbSr]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I've just joined here, but I'd like to make a small observation about Lear... someone asked why he hasn't been assassinated by the government if he's telling the truth... others say that talking about things like "soul towers" discredits him and the more believable things he says.

Maybe that's the point?

Again, I'm new here and it's just a thought, but maybe along with the true things he knows, he throws in some ridiculous BS to make himself sound less credible and slip under the government's "radar", so to speak? I can see a secret meeting somewhere;

"John Lear's telling them about the atmosphere on the moon!"
"Yeah, but he's also going on about that crazy soul tower stuff... don't worry, nobody will believe him. He's not worth the trouble"

Just my thoughts...

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Refuse Winst
"John Lear's telling them about the atmosphere on the moon!"
"Yeah, but he's also going on about that crazy soul tower stuff... don't worry, nobody will believe him. He's not worth the trouble"

Just my thoughts...

But lets look at things more logically shall we.
Why should the US Government give a damn about what an old man says?
John Lear is an ex-pilot thats all. He has no scientific qualifications, no astronaut qualifications nothing. He has a father who created a jet plane.
He has no more credibility or authority in anything extra terrestrial or related to UFO's than, say, your next door neighbour.

Simply because he puts his head above the parapet and comes out with the most ridiculous stuff doesnt make the stuff he spouts any more credible than if you or I spouted it. He has provided no verifiable evidence for anything he says, when questioned, his standard reply is to cast aspersions on the originality of others evidence, just take a look at his 'Moon Pictures' threads, his other defence to questions of his evidence is to make fun of the proposer, all done very friendly of course but worded in such away as to discredit them.
People who crave attention do that, and Lear gets lots of attention from adoring people and both courts and encourages that attention, its in his interest to do so as it encourages even more converts to his unbelieveable ideas. Some of those converts have their own agendas as they have their own websites which they wish to increase traffic to, so allying themselves to Lear isnt going to hurt them one bit.
Of course by having his converts close at hand also helps in his defence as if anyone has the temerity to questions the preachings of Reverend Lear, the converts will immediatly begin their attacks, again nothing too overt, but just sly, snide character assasinations.

Of course John Lear isnt a disinfo agent, he isnt that bright. Hes just an old man with lots of bizarre ideas with a group of followers basking in his reflected glory.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Chorlton, you have attacked John's credibility more then ever plus he is the guy you saw on the Moon and you said you could also see his hair. Were you telling the truth about seeing John and his hair on the Moon or were you making it Up? Rik Riley

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Chorlton, you have attacked John's credibility more then ever plus he is the guy you saw on the Moon and you said you could also see his hair. Were you telling the truth about seeing John and his hair on the Moon or were you making it Up? Rik Riley

The Title of this entire thread is 'Is John Lear Spreading Disinfo?'
My reply was concentrated on that and my reasons for suggesting he wasnt.
When anyone with no Scientific or Photographic Bona Fides begins making wild speculation about Geological formations on the moon and other planets, when they state that the Moon was put there by another race, when that person states that all the other planets in our solar system are inhabitted, that the moon has a breathable atmosphere and that there is a 'soul collector' on the moon, that person, without any help or assistance from anyone is setting themselves up as suggesting they know more than acknowledged science. When that person uses one solitary quote from a scientist from the 1850's to further his ideas, I think that person is grasping at straws.
And I havent even mentioned his ideas about an underground base at Dulce.

But John Lear has no credibility with respect to anything scientific or in relation to the Moon or photographic analysis of moon pics. He is an acknowledged and accomplished pilot, as are many many other people in the US, UK and around the world. That fact, unfortunatley does not give the person any more knowledge or credibility on extra terrestrial life than any other pilot or even anyone picked off the street.
John Lear's fame comes from the fact his father created a well known Jet plane. Indeed, he has spoken to some rather strange people with some equally strange ideas as he has, but again, that does not give him any more credibility when talking about geographical formations on the moon than anyone else.

Of course Mr Lear has the right to come here or anywhere else and put forward his wild speculation, and, equally, anyone else has the right to speak out against that speculation.
I believe John Lear truly believes in the ideas he puts forwards, hence he is not a disinfo agent. He just has a very active imagination.

As for the rest of your question: Are you serious?

[edit on 31/7/07 by Chorlton]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Originally posted by Chorlton

Of course John Lear isnt a disinfo agent, he isnt that bright. Hes just an old man with lots of bizarre ideas with a group of followers basking in his reflected glory.

Chorlton, I believe that your post reflects the opinion of many not only here at ATS but everywhere.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how you feel.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by Chorlton

[ He is an acknowledged and accomplished pilot, as are many many other people in the US, UK and around the world. That fact, unfortunatley does not give the person any more knowledge or credibility on extra terrestrial life than any other pilot or even anyone picked off the street.

Or for that many my opinions on the moons gravity and atmosphere. Excellent point Chorlton, I have made the same myself many times.

Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yea John can't back up a single thing he says.Spirit catchers on the moon being one small one.Yet so many poeple believe what he says even though the claims are far more absured then the average UFO story teller here at ATS.Yet UFO story teller will be told to provide proof,and when he finally does the proof is discussed and disputed for many weeks.

So what evidence has John provided on any of his claims?

Blurry pictures with parts of a mountain highlighted wich is suppose to be a spaceship or a base on the moon.....

Well i know for a fact you poeple would tear apart a UFO picture from the average joe if they the picture was even slightly as bad as his "proof".

So what gives? BTW i don't think he is disinfo agent,I believe he firmly believes what he says and every picture or video from NASA contains or sontained some gem that no one else sees.

The question is..Our we crazy for not seeing it?Or is he crazy for seeing it?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Originally posted by Project_Silo

Yea John can't back up a single thing he says.

I agree. Most of the things I talk about are sheer speculation except, perhaps the breathable atmosphere on the moon.
But I have to say that many would agree with you.

Spirit catchers on the moon being one small one.

Actually the Big Soul Machine On the Moon is pretty big. I think it is over 6 miles high. At least that what the estimated calculations are from NASA's Lunar Orbiter 3-84M photo of the Big Soul Machine On The Moon.

And as far as backing up my theory on the Big Soul Machine On The Moon its no problem backing it up. The problem is getting a ride to the moon with a video camera to video tape all those souls going in and out.

Yet so many poeple believe what he says....

You know Project_Silo I hear this a lot but in fact I don't know one single solitary person that has said, "John I think you are correct about the Big Soul Machine On The Moon." Not one. So who are these 'so many people' you are talking about?

even though the claims are far more absured then the average UFO story teller here at ATS.

I would respectfully appreciate that you change the word 'absurd' to any of the following:

far out
outlandish
exotic
foreign
strange
alien
remote
far fetched

It would sound a little less insulting and if you were ever proven wrong it might be a little easier for you to back peddle.

Yet UFO story teller will be told to provide proof,and when he finally does the proof is discussed and disputed for many weeks.

Yes. I think thats the whole idea here at ATS. A Conspiracy Forum. Get it? Yes?

So what evidence has John provided on any of his claims?

Well for one thing I claimed that I landed on Johnston Island and I posted a photo of me in front of Johnston Island operations to prove it.

Blurry pictures with parts of a mountain highlighted wich is suppose to be a spaceship or a base on the moon.....

Hmmmm....not sure which one you are talking about. Don't know of any blurred ones except the ones that NASA puts out. Most of mine could benefit from a higher resolution but heck, if we had good pictures we wouldn't be debating. Yes?

Well i know for a fact you poeple would tear apart a UFO picture from the average joe if they the picture was even slightly as bad as his "proof".

Again, I am not sure who 'you people' are. Most of those on ATS are critical thinkers. Its the facts some lack.

So what gives? BTW i don't think he is disinfo agent,I believe he firmly believes what he says and every picture or video from NASA contains or sontained some gem that no one else sees.

Ummmmm...thanks. I think.

The question is..Our we crazy for not seeing it?Or is he crazy for seeing it?

I would respectfully suggest that you are not crazy enough to see it. :

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You all need to be careful with the soul collector tower thingy for it is not good to try and mix the physical world with metaphysics. The last time someone tried to do that they all cut their nuts off and committed suicide to catch a ride on the back side of a comet… I don’t think it worked…

Actually I followed John and the whole bunch back in the mid to late 80s when a lot of this discussion was done using BBSes over the Fido Echo net. I also enjoyed the BBSes like The Temple of the Screaming Electron that was totally devoted to freedom of speech and had tons of info back then on its site. I heard John on Coast to Coast AM the other night as I was driving through Dallas and he was an excellent speaker with a very clear thought process for the 3 hour show. I do think this site gives him the freedom to mix his true conviction with personal thoughts and even humor without someone labeling him a nut case, and that allows a person to really open up…can’t say it’s a bad thing.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Project_Silo, The question is John crazy for seeing these Gems or anomalies in the photos, videos provided by NASA? Absolutely not because he sees and believes what he sees is real on the Moon and is willing to stick his neck out and share what he sees with the rest of the world. Mining equipment that he sees on the Moon can be attributed to his familiarity with mining equipment on Earth and recognizing the particular mining equipment on the Moon and recognizing it to be as such in comparison.

Lets not forget that many photos that I believe NASA releases is doctored or airbrushed to hide the truth of what is on the surface. This is why relying on other sources like Moon photos from the Lick Observatory and amatuer astronomers taking digital photos from their 8, 10 or 12 inch wide telescopes and older telescopic observatory photos is so important. This can give us in many instances a truer picture of what is actually up there on the Earth's Moon.

Are we as viewers of John's Moon threads crazy for not seeing some of these things or anomalies he claims to see? Absolutely not, remember John is a trained observer and who trained John on how to see these things and anomalies on the Moon more then likely himself. Who trained me to see many of these anomalies that John sees on the Moon me, myself and I. I have spent thousands of hours of scanning the planets and moons in our solar system from satellite photos especially Mars in particular.

The Landscape photos and exsperiments from Viking 1 and 2, Sojourner Pathfinder, Spirit and Opportunity and as well as the Pheonix mission in my opinion will further prove what has already been proved that life and water exists on the planet Mars. Rik Riley

[edit on 12-8-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I've been reading Mr. Lear's writings since the mid 90's and love them.
Truth or fiction is another matter. You get the same response with the occult/magick crowd when you bring up Lovecraft.. You say there's someone who's on to something but still just a few meters aways from it..i always associated him with the 'Branton collective' - en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've always thought its funny that the people providing all this speculation - bases on the moon, photographs of alien settlements, etc - are the same ones who apparently are pathological liars and members of a global conspiracy.

Talking about NASA, the government, etc. of course. Without NASA's photos, none of this speculation about moon structures would exist, but apparently NASA itself is not to be believed!

I also think it's humorous that when NASA apparently edits a photo it's proof of a cover up, but when a photo is edited by a 'believer' to point out or emphasize the 'anomalies'...its also proof of a cover up by NASA!

[edit on 16-9-2007 by evanmontegarde]

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join