It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Patriot Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The Patriot Act, read by nobody and passed in five minutes proves that a 9-11 type event can allow any law imaginable to slide through our checks and balances like a hot knife through butter. Regardless of what you believe caused 9-11 you must admit we are suckers for the old trauma reaction trick. If and when a massive terrorist event like this occurs again, it won't matter who the real terrorists are, there will be a big bill to follow. It will be hundreds of pages long and include laws so far removed from the actual event as to be ridiculous. And the worse part is, it to will likely pass in 5 minutes of debate. Does a nation of people, so afflicted with apathy to allow this to happen, deserve to be free?

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It depends what nation of people you speak of. The People that asked for it, the people that didn't or the people that get dragged into both. I am not speaking the USA but more Iraq. There are people out there that didn't ask for that to happen, but they get shot by the US and UK. Why? Because they live there. And they get put through hell each and every day, and then they migrate to the US and UK and they still get put through hell by racism. Im not trying to justify what they did, that was dispicable but what i am trying to say is the inocent deserve to be free but they can't. not anywhere in the world will take them because they are to scared, so even if the nation did deserve to be free they never could. I am sorry if that didn't relate to the question that you asked but i felt like it had to be said.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by Hemlock]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill Does a nation of people, so afflicted with apathy to allow this to happen, deserve to be free?

Not really.

Let them all be slaves and prisoners.

Just deport me to someplace nice, please, like tahiti.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

join