It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gene explains why people are night owls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Gene explains why people are night owls
By Roger Highfield, Science Editor
Last Updated: 2:58am BST 28/04/2007

Do you have the after-hours gene?
A genetic mutation called the "after-hours gene" may explain why some people are night owls, it is revealed in Science journal today.

Do you have the night owl gene?

It could also hold clues for pharmacologists working to develop drugs to help people adjust to shift work or jet lag. There are further implications for the study of causes of some psychiatric disorders.

Well, this explains my life as many others here will find out why they have trouble sleeping. What upsets me are psychiatric disorders???

Interesting reading.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/04/27/nclock27.xml

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've been on night shift for years and I have tried to go back to day shift but kept falling asleep during the day, so I went back to night shift maybe I have said gene, what do you think DG.

Good find BTW.............

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hey! Sentinel!!! Long time no hear.

I have worked the night shift and i love it- it suits me just fine. I think this must run in families, because my brother and i can stay up all night without any problem. Its always been like this.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
www.psychiatrictimes.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...

Both of these articles are very helpful toward explaining the probable link between abnormal sleep patterns and bipolar and unipolar depression. Not saying that abnormal sleep ALWAYS causes mental illness, just that the two phenomena are linked.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thank you for those links.

Will read as this is a very interesting subject.

new topics

top topics

join