It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. anti-terror regulations; Americans Fingerprinted at Brazil Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Americans Fingerprinted at Brazil Airport
Thu Jan 1, 4:21 PM ET Add World - AP to My Yahoo!

By VIVIAN SEQUERA, Associated Press Writer

SAO PAULO, Brazil - Brazilian (news - web sites) police fingerprinted and photographed Americans arriving at Sao Paulo's airport Thursday in response to new rules requiring the same for Brazilians entering the United States.

Federal Judge Julier Sebastiao da Silva ordered the measure Monday in response to the new U.S. anti-terror regulation requiring citizens from 27 nations, including Brazil, to be fingerprinted and photographed when entering America.

The U.S. anti-terror regulation takes effect Monday at all 115 airports handling international flights and 14 major seaports. It will allow instant checks on an immigrant's or visitor's criminal background.

On Wednesday, Brazil's Foreign Ministry requested that Brazilians be removed from the U.S. list, saying Brazil would consider treating U.S. citizens the same way upon their arrival.

"At first, most of the Americans were angered at having to go through all this, but they were usually more understanding once they learned that Brazilians are subjected to the same treatment in the U.S.," Wagner Castilho, press officer for the federal police in Sao Paulo, said of those arriving at Sao Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport.

The processing will continue as long as the judge's order stands, he said.

Brazil also requires visas for U.S. citizens, in response to a similar requirement for Brazilians entering the United States.

At Rio de Janeiro's Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport, police said they were not ready to start fingerprinting Americans.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I would have no objections to a background check if I were to fly to a different country. I think it's about damn time we started to do background checks on people coming into this country. We have enough native born criminals--we don't need more coming here on vacation.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The Almighty Dollar will coecer into compliance Man, Country and Nation into an assimilation of the NWO.

new topics

join