It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Building

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
These are pictures I took of a masonic buliding. I thought it was very interesting the building has no windows. I went all the way around and there are none! Also, There is only on entrance. One. This building is located in medium sized town in Utah. I asked my fiance's family who lives there if they ever see ANY activity and they said no. I also heard it must be abandoned. However, another said they have only seen cars parked in the back late at night and in the morning they are gone.

i151.photobucket.com...

Besides being an interesting firecode that allows buildings with no windows, one entrance, and I am sure other traits, I am wondering, or should I say, "assuming" this is a masonic building of some sort. I have always looked up to masons for their abilities to keep secrets. This is a trait I have noticed is hard to find these days. I have also always thought to myself I would be a "good" mason, if I where ever accepted into their fraternal order. I am again assuming there are "good" and "bad" masons. My grandfather told me a few things about masonic principles, but was also very secretive. And, he was not a mason, although I believe his brother was. It was a sensitive subject for him. He also had a jacket with the Masonic owl on it.

i151.photobucket.com...

I am very interested in any opinions of the building, and for that matter any comments about masons in general as I have very limited knowledge on the subject.

(I thought I should also note, a car stopped as I was taking pictures and turned around towards me. I didn't take time to wait and see if they were going to talk to me, but I am sure they were, from the stern look I got from the driver inside before they turned around. So I boogied.)

i151.photobucket.com...

Any ideas?

[edit on 27-4-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Answers

That thread is an excelent source of information and general questions.

To the building, hmm. I don't know what to say exactly for the building its self, other then its hideously ugly.
The no-windows thing is most likely because it is a lodge-only building.. nothing more or less, just the lodge room which has no windows, and only one door typically..

However, in the pics I do see more then one door. It is a small building, so I would gather it is just a small town lodge room.

Nothing mysterious there. Besides, if we where plotting to take over the world, we would do it in a huge magnificant building in grand style!!! Muahaha (evil laugh)

PS> lack of activity could be because most lodges meet once or twice a month, usually once, and only for about 2hrs or so.

[edit on 4/27/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Yup, you have discovered a genuine masonic lodge, every town has at least one. Tell me what town it was in and I can probably get you their website. Picture number two shows two doors, having only one door would be a building code violation. Lodges generally don't have many windows.
Incidentally, since you are in Utah, chances are fair that you are a Mormon and you would be interested to know that both Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were Masons. Rumor has it that the old painting of Brigham Young on display in Temple Square used to depict a masonic ring on his finger until someone painted it out. You will also notice a lot of masonic symbols on and around the temple. Inside, visitors are issued garments with the compass and square on the front.
If you have any more questions about the lodge let us know.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by RedPill]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm impressed Redpill! I just barely noticed there was a second entrance as well. Good eye! I am also impressed with your knowledge of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. I am unfortuneately not Mormon. I only say "unfortuneately" because I would obviously know more about some of the masonic orders in the state if I was.

So I take it these buildings are fairly common without windows? I mean I guess that wouldn't be a building code violation though it is a little odd.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I also noticed the other doors on this building right away. My business requires that I travel the length and breadth of my area, and I see many Masonic lodges in the various communities I visit. I have seen some lodges with windows, but usually the windows are located in the front of the building -- in the entrance/foyer/vestibule.

I suppose a building could be short on the firecodes regarding doors if it were built before such codes were inacted, or could have other provisions such as smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, and other fire suppression systems.

So, based on my travels, I have seen windows in Masonic lodges, although I can't recall seeing them in the main part of the building.

I will say that I don't recall seeing windows in any Jehovah's Witness hall anywhere, ever.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
I'm impressed Redpill! I just barely noticed there was a second entrance as well. Good eye! I am also impressed with your knowledge of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. I am unfortuneately not Mormon. I only say "unfortuneately" because I would obviously know more about some of the masonic orders in the state if I was.

So I take it these buildings are fairly common without windows? I mean I guess that wouldn't be a building code violation though it is a little odd.

Most Lodge buildings are windowless. Non-Masonic visitors are allowed inside, but no windows provides privacy for the esoteric work.

Also, the building is probably not abandoned. Most Lodges only meet a couple of nights per month.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Us masons like to eat. You notice the big exhaust fan on the side of the building. They definately have a kitchen in there.
LOL

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm also wondering how old the building is. Most Lodges that have 2 floors won't have windows on the bottom floor to keep the privacy (insert conspiracy comment here).

My lodge has many windows on the 2nd floor but none on the 1st.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hey hey! I know where that lodge is! I`ve always wondered what goes on at a stone mason meeting.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by killswitch1982
Hey hey! I know where that lodge is! I`ve always wondered what goes on at a stone mason meeting.

The probably build walls and stuff...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I can not recall ever seen a masonic lodge with windows revealing thier Actual meeting room. The ones I have seen with windows, namely the Golden Co lodge, have black paper or cardboard over the windows.

I had a cool chance to experience a highly dangerous, somewhat clandestine journey to that particular lodge. I go to school an engineering school in colorado. Periodically over time the millitary was in charge of the school. Most of the buildings on campus...correction, all of the buildings on campus have masonic cornerstones on them. The school itself has a large subterranean network of steam tunnels. These tunnels carry steam from the coors brewery to the school where the heat from their plant is excahnged to heat the buildings on campus.

At 1 am one night, my friend pulled his "magic key" ( a large scissor shaped "key" with red and black handles) out of his toolbox and said we were going on an adventure. Omitting the details of our entry, my freind's "magic key" gained us access to the entire campus after hours. Not to mention access to buildings in downtown golden. Needless to say we were pretty floored to find out the extent of these tunnels. With our mining helmets on we traversed the almost 2 mile underground journey to what we thought was the grounds of the coors brewerey where my friend worked at the time. Thinking we could get into his office complex, and let ourselves out with his key. We instead found the door to the masonic lodge. Coming into the basement, we quickly realized we were in the wrong area, but generally delighted at the prospect of exploring this building. He kept saying that we were in the "coors tek" building. After ascending one concrete staircase we came to a wooden door with a common square and compass graphic on it. I almost peed myself. With me saying "we should get out of here, this has gone far beyond simple B&E" and him saying "let's go in and kill this twelve pack." So there we sat in the lamplit room drinking beer on the black and white checkerboard floor. After about 15 minutes I got a serious bad feeling that we shouldn't be there. After being called a "(slang term for a cat)" we left a full tall boy can of "the silver bullet" as a symbol of our respect, in the middle of the room and dipped. Although we never found the door to his office, I did buy a pepsi and some peanut M&M's from the vending machine in alderson hall at 3:45 am.

We did not get off scott free for our "adventure" it was found that we were on the school security camers in alderson hall, buying stuff from the vending machines. considering that most grad studens have keys to these buildings, we were cited by campus police for being in the building "after hours." If they only knew...

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hello,
This a Masonic Temple in Tooele, Utah. Tooele is a small town just outside of Salt Lake City. I have also attended lodge in that same building quite a few times. It is very beautiful inside.

If there is anything else you would like to know just ask.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
He also had a jacket with the Masonic owl on it.

im not aware of any Masonic owls. any more info on this?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikedw
Us masons like to eat. You notice the big exhaust fan on the side of the building. They definately have a kitchen in there.
LOL

Ah the refreshment board is great.One of our brothers who is a past master refers to his gut as the masonic 33rd degree.

On a serious note, if you have any doubts as to the generosity of Masons, go to a Fish fry or (as our lodge has) spaghetti dinner.The portions that we give are enough to feed a small army.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What the hell do masons do?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Masonic initiates are given propaghanda that tells them that God and masonic ritual are benficial blah blah. What was written back in the early americas by a 33rd degree was amazing, that lucifer was the actuall god of the masons, and it should be kept secret, thinking his memoirs wouldnt be read publicly or something, he foolishly wrote this down. Now we all know masonry as anything but a tradeskill is just sillyness. play world of warcraft instead, leveling is much more interesting, and you get to raid cultists and strange creatures.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So pretty much it's just a bunch of people that go around performing rituals and then thinking they're better than other people? Sounds like a great club.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
Masonic initiates are given propaghanda that tells them that God and masonic ritual are benficial blah blah. What was written back in the early americas by a 33rd degree was amazing, that lucifer was the actuall god of the masons, and it should be kept secret, thinking his memoirs wouldnt be read publicly or something, he foolishly wrote this down.

Actually, you are talking about the famous Taxil Hoax.

Emphasis on the word "hoax".

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Guy
So pretty much it's just a bunch of people that go around performing rituals and then thinking they're better than other people? Sounds like a great club.

We are a non-profit fraternal organization dedicated to good fellowship, self improvement by means of intellectual growth through philosophical speculation (and allegorically-inspired fraternity ritual), and the practice of charity. In fact, Masonic organizations donate 2 milions per day to charitable purposes, including charities the we ourselves have organized (Shriners Childrens Hospitals and Burn Centers, Scottish Rite Childhood Language Disorder Clinics, Knight Templar Eye Foundation, etc.).

Famous Masons include George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Mozart, Rudyard Kipling, Duke Ellington, John Glenn, and John Wayne.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Oh. That doesn't sound too bad, then. Just one thing, though. Why do you need to have rituals if you're an organisations about charity and philosophical matters?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join