It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How ATS can screw you...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Just a notification. Legally, Simon, if presented with any type of consequence, and thusly, if any agency, private or political, casts an enquiry (threat)into the personal information of a user that may have posted something in the general interest of, well, let's say, all of humanity, he reserves the right to rat you out.

As the main representative (founder, owner, webmaster) of AboveTopSecret.com also reserves the right to disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the law or comply with a legal process served on myself or the AboveTopSecret.com website, protect and defend the rights or property of the AboveTopSecret.com website, or visitors to AboveTopSecret.com, identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties, and cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.

Just thought that deserved some clarification. It won't stop me from posting, but, on the other hand, if somebody gets some really good information by whatever means, and it should be public knowledge, DON'T POST IT HERE!

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Offer void where prohibited. See your local dealer for details.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You godda problem wid dat?

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It won't stop me from posting, but I'd hate to help the bad guys, even inadvertently, crucify someone who may have the real goods. LOL, don't make me remind you who your momma is Cartman!

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I fail to see how the topic of this should be, "How ATS can screw you."

You are describing the basic restrictions on all points of access, Internet or not. This is not some way Simon, or any other staff member, would seek to initiate a "screwing."

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It was titled that to simply catch the attention. It is not meant to refer to any member, moderator, or Simon seeking to initiate a 'screwing'. It is intended to clarify the boring legality that may have been, or may be overlooked. It is however, a description of what was quoted in very terse terms. It does not say 'How ATS WILL screw you', and, you must admit, if Simon was forced to give information about a member, then they are, for all intents and purposes, screwed.
LOL.

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Perhaps William could clarify if any "official"inquiries have been made concerning any posters here.Or if any inervention has been made in any threads.Or is this simply a standard warning and disclaimer.

Thanks in advance.JB

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It's standard for any public medium, it becomes more clear in a public medium owned by an individual.

As far as I know, there have been no queries. And...

1) In the giant scheme of things, ATS is, in reality, not that important to "them."

2) Anyone with real information is likely to also know how to ensure their online anonymity, or find out how to ensure it.

3) If "they" were to ask, there is very little "personal" information retained by ATS other than what you voluntarily provide at sign-up and the IP you use to post.

In the end, it's not hard to maintain an anonymous online presence. However, after Microsoft initiates Palladium, it will be very much harder.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 12:13 PM
link   
that that was clarified. Cursed Microshaft! Thanks Guillaume!

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 03:59 PM
link   
What difference does it make anyway by the time things start really getting out of hand the people that are to be targeted first are the people that have done anything to try to influence change politicaly. Besides that simon and what simon has put online on this site has alot of infomation that in many cases should have gotten him into a I wont use the word but I think you get the point.

Everyone that has any kind of what could be concidered sensitive infomation are targets in the comming system that is in the prosess of forming right now. For instance take Some of the laws in the united states. Just by the Passing of the U.S. Patroit Act Anyone that lives in the united states are all concidered to be terrorists. The last thing that I would be concerned about right now is the webmaster ratting any of us out under the idea that simon has to conform with any law. I am sure that if people wanted any of us dead I would have happened by now. There are some of us that really do need to watch what we post here. Still what difference does it make when you look at the full scale of what we are facing as a population of people. If you take just what has been done threw the use of anti-biotics. What you find is Anti-biotics build up super germs and some viruses and smaller strains of germs from the infomation that I have recived. We will see a plague break out with in the united states with in 2 years. With the kind of plauges that are out there now. Any of the big ones could end up taking humaninty from this planet. I used to be a radio talkshow host and I have been threatend more times then anyone I know in my state for putting out infomation to the public. I am more concirened about Global Comming Problems Mainly the Forming of a New World Order than I am about Simon or ATS Ratting me out or Putting out infomation on me.

Just my opinion

Falcon

new topics

top topics

join