It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My school may completely block ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Wow.

At my school... (lessee)... MySpace is not blocked. Google Video... not blocked. ATS... not blocked. Fanfiction.net... not blocked... no, not even the M-rated stuff.

Yet YouTube is blocked.

I see problems here...

((I'm not kidding about MySpace. The kid next to me in my computers class has been on a MySpace kick for quite a while now. He's also way into Googling for random stuff. I also suspect he found the "tubgirl" image online... which raises more questions about the quality of our filters.))

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

This forum is still not blocked!
and it wont be as long as im a member!

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Gee, I hate to be a party-pooper, but I don't pay outrageous property taxes for education so that the youth of America can spend the school day surfing the Internet.

I'd like to see the Internet banned at schools during school hours.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I understand your opinion, but internet research is a very large part of our school system. Most of our projects and homework are done through the internet. I'm talking about people who earn the right to have some time off in school (finishing early, good behavior, ETC.)

I appreciate your oppinion though

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Falken

I understand your opinion, but internet research is a very large part of our school system. Most of our projects and homework are done through the internet. I'm talking about people who earn the right to have some time off in school (finishing early, good behavior, ETC.)

I appreciate your oppinion though

Back in the age of the dinosaurs, we did our research by slogging through piles of stinky books, laboriously combing indices instead of plugging parameters into search engines. We really worked for our education.

When the balloon goes up, I hope you guys know how to do math without the calculators and will understand that Dewey is your friend.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Back in the age of the dinosaurs, we did our research by slogging through piles of stinky books, laboriously combing indices instead of plugging parameters into search engines. We really worked for our education.

When the balloon goes up, I hope you guys know how to do math without the calculators and will understand that Dewey is your friend.

Dewey is my friend,

I love reading, I'm worthy in math and english. Don't get me wrong we still use books just as much as the internet

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
We had a kid try to burn down his school because he knew he failed one of those standardized tests. He probably was spending too much time at ATS.

I agree, get your arse back in the books.

Peace

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If students are spending time on the school computers PLAYING at myspace and ATS then they aren't getting enough school work and/or homework to do.

If you consider spending time on ATS as playing, then allow me to point out that this site may be one of the most educational sites I have ever been on. If you can weed through the BS you can find a wealth of knowledge here. Check out Justin Oldham's threads for example, wanna learn the truth about government? You won't find it in your History books.

I have learned just as much if not more from a lot of the information posted here. I cannot believe that no one has even brought up the legitimacy of the educational value of this site.

You guys should be concerned about comparing the pro's and con's of this site so when your teachers try to block this site, you are already prepared with an airtight case as to why it shouldn't be blocked
How are they going to react when you come forward with a presetation fit for a college thesis? How could they deny its educational value in the face of a perfected argument fit for Yale's debate team. Facts will not argue with facts.

just my

Or you can just go back to hoping they don't block it.

[edit on 9-5-2007 by kleverone]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

We had a kid try to burn down his school because he knew he failed one of those standardized tests. He probably was spending too much time at ATS.

Wait, I don't take standardized tests!
besides my school wouldn't burn anyway, It's been there for a hundred years:shk:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Wait, I don't take standardized tests!
besides my school wouldn't burn anyway, It's been there for a hundred years:shk:

What kind of test do you take at the end of the year then?

[edit on 9-5-2007 by minnie]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
MCAS
It's hard but I always get advanced score
It covers
-Math(mad hard)
-social studies/history(easy)
-science(easy)
-reading(kinda hard lots of writing)

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

All it takes is being imaginative in chemistry lessons. And possibly the most disruptive thing is Bromine. Thats assuming you want the building to still be there afterwards. Fire is a bit more dangerous and generally frowned upon.

OK I'm shutting up now, before I get a warn for being a danger to society.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Falken,

Thats what my tests cover also.

I agree reading is easy but there is a lot of writing!!

[edit on 9-5-2007 by minnie]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Like i could get any of that bromine.
It seems to me that after several fires in this school it barely has a scorch

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Like i could get any of that bromine.

you don't need to, you just need to smash a bottle of it and spill some, and according to my chemistry teachers when I was at school, the general reaction is then to run away and get people with breathing apparatus to clean it up.

Of course making it look like an accident would be necessary.

Ok soon I will stop with this, though other places on the internet show how to do far more deadly things.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yeah I'm getting a bit scared myself

This sounds dangerous imagine someone spilled this in a busy school with other intentions?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wow, Turns out no one else in my school comes to ATS anymore.

:shk:

Of course thats better for me since that will reduce the chances of ATS being blocked.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Not saying I'm old or anything, but ah I would love to be in school again.

In my day we didn't have computers in schools.

In fact we didn't have computers in homes either. ha ha

yada yada yada thanks gramps... you can go back to sleep now

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
yada yada yada thanks gramps... you can go back to sleep now

Agreed. How you survived it I don't know, but i know I can't stay without the computer for more than a few days.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, at my high school, I've found ways around the proxies...

www.proxybuddy.com

www.webproxy.pro

Unfortunatelly proxy buddy has been proxied as well... I have a few more tricks up my sleeve... I'm just worried about getting suspended for hacking into the school server... rotfl...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join