It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite Comic Book Quotes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I am Baytor!

BUENO!

edit on 23-12-2012 by BadBeast because: dunno

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Singing "I had fun fun fun til galactus took my surfboard away".

Silver Surfer.

JG

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Greatest comic book quote ever: (sorta paraphrasing)...it's in comic books, justice league tv shows and movies

Batman - "If you people don't see a problem with a runaway justice league, then I don't belong here!" (To justice league)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxnamedFox
"You think this A stands for France!?" - Captain America

HA! Captain America quote from Ultimate Avengers comic book in the Earth-1610 universe (the one where Nick Fury is black)...I can't remember who, it's either Hawkeye or Nick Fury, immediately makes fun of him for saying that after the fight.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
"I'm an assassin, I can kill anything" ~ King Mob

"Filthy assistants, to me"! ~ Spider Jerusalem

"I'm just a muck encrusted mockery of a man" ~Swamp Thing

"Like sme bloody Trenchcoat Brigade" ~ John Constantine

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
And though it took a month of working real hard, / They made a place of beauty from th'old junkyard....

The Archies

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Mine is actually the one that is in my signature. While not from a book, it's from the Joker in "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" (a seriously underrated movie in my opinion). It's during the big reveal where Joker [spoiler]: tells how he tortured and brainwashed Tim Drake.

The full quote goes:

Try and read this with Mark Hamil's Joker voice in your mind for full effect

What's the matter, Batman? No witty comeback? No threat? Then I'll provide the narration... [the screen flickers to life, showing "Our Family Memories"] I'll begin with how I peeled back the layers of the boy's mind. Oh, he bravely tried to fight it at first. You would've been proud to see him so strong - but all too soon, the serums and the shocks took their toll... and the dear lad began to share such secrets with me. Secrets that are mine alone to know... Bruce. It's true, Batsy! I know everything. And kinda like the kid who peeks at his Christmas presents, I must admit, it's sadly anti-climactic. Behind all the sturm and batarang, you're just a little boy in a playsuit, crying for mommy and daddy! It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... Oh, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway! HA HA HA HA HA HAA!

Originally posted by ripcontrol
" Don't deserve it, he says. That's what they all say. "Guy don't deserve it. Guy don't deserve nothin'. Guy's garbage." All my life they been makin' me feel like garbage. All of 'em. Lovers. Partners. Enemies. Parents. But I hung in. I took it. I showed 'em! I have nothing... 'cept what I took. 'Cept what I got by my own pain. By my own guts! By my own strength! Remember, damn it -- when you gotta do somethin', you give it everything. No doubts. No softness. No nothin'! Yeah, Sinestro. You got the experience. You got the brains. You got the control. But I got one thing you ain't got. I got your ring! "

--Guy Gardner (New Earth)

I always loved this... yeah I got your ring...lol
edit on 19-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

This, btw, is freakin' awesome ripcontrol. I've always been a huge Green Lantern fan, but Guy was usually my least favorite. *cough cough* warrior *cough cough* But this bumped him up in my book.
edit on 7/25/2013 by egoslam because: added comment to ripcontrol

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
How did I ever miss this thread?

"Hold, Susan Storm. Many demons rule Victor Von Doom, but fear is not one of them."

"Doom needs no one."

"What do you want, lackey?" (to Iron Man)

And my all time favorite:

"It takes a wise man to realize when he is wrong, and a noble man to admit it. I am both."

The classiest, self-serving apology I've ever heard.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: egoslam

Thank you

It came from an annual or crossover when he was trying to get the yellow ring..

captain america quote

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join