It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Humanity Will not Make It

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
As many of you know, I am usually quite optimistic about the human condition. However, over the past few months, I have been pouring through the current world situation, and, it doesn't look good.

On any given day, you open up the newspaper, turn on the television, or go to the internet news sources, and this is the kind of carnage you come across:

Russia Threatens To Counter U.S Shield

Storms Reek Havoc

Former FBI Agent "Missing" In Iran

Now, all of those stories, albeit quite different, are indicative of the present human condition.

We have one nation essentially telling another one that it will declare war if that nation tries to form a "shield" to protect itself. You have another story detailing how mother nature is sick of all of us. You have another story that is detailing, perhaps, secretive operations by a government that is already overly covert.

Where is there to be any optimism to be found. Then, we have guys like this guy:

who thinks he is Jesus or God, or Satan, or whatever the hell he think he is. I mean, people have lost their ever loving minds!!!

Yet, we,I go about our day and try to find the most minuscule thing to be optimistic about. I tell you, I am running out of those little things that make me optimistic about the present, future or the, unlikely, distant future.

Just the other day, there were two threads posted that disturbed me greatly. This one:

Sick

And This one:

Sicker

Someone please, please tell me what the hell there is in this world to be optimistic about? Sometimes I think that it would be better if the earth or God, or what the hell ever may exist, just wiped us all out. Be done with it.

Oh, and we can't forget about the religious war that is currently occurring. You know, that war that everyone guises as the "war on terrorism?" Yeah, that one.

Yeah, there are just tons and tons of things to be optimistic about, huh?

[edit on 27-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh,yeah, here is one other thing to make us all be "optimistic."

Algae Kills Sea Life

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I am still waiting for someone to tell me what there is to be optimistic about. Bueller, Bueller. Anyone home, Bueller?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The only thing I look forward to is the return of Jesus, Woot Woot!

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here you go, here is some more great information to make us all sing "Halleleuah" and be merry.

Al Qaida

Decentralization in creases groups staying power. That's good to know I guess.

Hunt for number 3 man

Where in the hell is the number one man? Osama bin Laden. You'll be hard pressed to find the one who will tell you that one.

Speaking of which, here are a couple of stories about religious discrimination

source

Russia and Religion

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You're certainly not going to find any reasons for optimism by reading or watching the news. The news is all about advertising. Optimism in the news doesn't sell.

There is good news out there though. And the good news (if I can be a bit cryptic) is that good news isn't "news".

It's the uncommon, weird, unusual that makes the news "news". When was the last time you saw a headline that said "No planes crashed today". Or "No banks robbed, all tellers survive boring day". Or how about "Thousands of schools report no shootings. No child raped at day care". The day those headlines are newsworthy is the day you can pack it in.

There's a link in my sig for a short work called "As a Man Thinketh". I dare you to read it.

[Edit for typo]

[edit on 4/27/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
adversity in life can cause anguish & dispair
or it could become a character building experience

the larger trends, like WOT, housing bubble, dangerous food supply,
are all results of a majority worldview that anguish & dispair rules,

i try my durnest to remain outside the fray,
& not get ground-up in the MilitaryIndustrialComplex

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What I figured. No one can tell me anything there is to be optimistic about right now. Nada, zero, zilch.

You see, that is why humanity will not make it. It doesn't have the basic skills to live with one another. Has there ever been a period of complete and utter peace in this world. Nope. There never has.

Yet, we all talk in these flowery terms, and I am just as guilty about it as everyone else is, about how everything is going to be great one day and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I am beginning to think it's all bunk. There is no pie in the sky waiting for us in the future. There is no utopia coming. What we are seeing take place is the utter ruin,disintegration and collapse of human society.

I never though there would come a day when I looked upon humanity with this much disdain. Never, would I have thought it would come. However, it is indeed present and only grows by the day.

We look at instances like the VT shooting and wonder why such things occur. Hmmmph, I certainly am not going to make excuses for the dude, but, when one takes a good look at society, it's no wonder at all.

Yet, people sit in their own little self centered worlds and think about how bad they have it. In the meantime, they have no clue and don't really care about what's going on OUT THERE. Yeah, that's right, there is a whole world out there with people in it that are suffering more than what most can even imagine. Yet, we pretend like we are the ones carrying the weight of the world on our shoulders.

How arrogant.!! How ignorant!! How self centered!! Yet, that describes about 90% of the world's population. How many people do you know that even take what we talk about at a great site like ATS seriously? I bet you anything you want to bet, if you tried talking to the average bozo in society about some of the things we talk about here they would

1) Laugh at you due to THEIR own stupidity.

2)They would not even know what you were talking about.

3) Tell you they didn't want to hear it.

I guarantee you that most of the people you and I know would fall in one of t of those three categories or a combination thereof. I guarantee you.

That's why I say, there is no hope for humanity. Humanity is still just as spiritually ignorant as they were during the inquisition and they degrade those who are spiritually wise, just like they did during the inquisition.

Maybe I should have posted this thread in the rant forum. That's basically what this is. It's a rant.

Oh,well, obviously, judging by the lack of response, no one really disagrees with me. So, without disagreement, there is no discussion. Therefore, I suppose I will desist.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Allow me to retort:

People have been complaining and fearing the end of humanity since humanity's inception. Everyone thinks that the time they live in is the most dangerous, and the most dreadful time anyone has ever lived in. We experienced it during the Cold War, when "sudden nuclear annihilation" was a daily fear. Now what is it we have to fear? Unstability in certain parts of the world? Overbearing governments? (gasp! natural disasters which have plagued mankind for aeaons?) Keep in mind, the natural processes of the Earth, which prove disastrous to humanity, have been occuring for millions of years, and wont ever stop. Some view them as "god-sent punishments" because we can't admit that earthquakes occur on faultlines, hurricanes slam into the gulf, and fires burn uncontrolled during the hottest part of the year in hot, dry places.

I live in an area which was wholloped by Katrina, and I helped with the NO cleanup. I've seen what most people would view as scenes from the apocolypse: police cars burning in the streets, rotting, bloated bodies laying in the streets from where the waters receded, morgues damaged and corpses disinterred. I also saw vans of people streaming in from every part of the nation, with food, help and relief.

If you look at the science, we've already come a *hairsbredth* from extinction at least once in our past.

External Link

That article asserts that there may have been as little as two thousand people remaining on Earth at one point.

But as for the species? Barring a global catastrophe which strips the planet of an atmosphere, humans are here to stay. Even if 99% of the human population were wiped out, we could still make a comeback, because humans are so adaptable and can so easily manipulate our environment. (Like I said... we've come closer than that already)

1% of the current human population is still 70,000,000 (seventy million) people, which is more than enough to repropagate a species.

Keep in mind, always:

Everything on this Earth, be it good or evil, stems from humanity. You can list off every single evil thing humanity has done, but with that, you must take into account and admit to all of the good humanity is capable of and attains.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by BlaznRob]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Oh,well, obviously, judging by the lack of response, no one really disagree with me. So, without disagreement, there is no discussion. Therefore, I suppose I will desist.

Well, I disagreed. Not that I count.

You made the OP an hour ago and are ready to roll over because no one in that time came in to "give" you a reason to be optimistic?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
BlazenRob, while it is true that the world has been coming to an "end" since its inception, look at what has happened over the last 60-70 years.

We have had two world wars,Korean conflict, Vietnam,Gulf War and now tis whole "war on terrorism," which I stated is really nothing less than a religious war. These are just wars that America has been in!! We are not even touching upon all of the other wars and conflicts of nations around the world.

I am not saying the world is "ending." I am saying that humanity isn't headed anywhere good, in my honest opinion. Hell, man, there are areas right here in the United States that if you are of a certain ethnic background, you had better not be seen in the daylight or dark. What kind of a future is that?

Right here in the United States, we have allowed our criminal justice system go to crap. A guy get caught a bag of weed and he gets ten years imprisonments. In the meantime, some sick dude kills someone and he gets what, five or ten years? How is that justice? How is that equal?

I could go on and on and on and on.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Well, I disagreed. Not that I count.

You made the OP an hour ago and are ready to roll over because no one in that time came in to "give" you a reason to be optimistic?

By all means, don't waste your tears on me. I don't need them. Cry for the rest of society. It's what so painstakingly needs tears and reform.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
By the way,yeahright, I was still typing my post when you responded to it, so I couldn't hardly respond to your response, now could I?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The good news is, no you could not. Hardly. See, more optimism already.

It's your party, so I won't cry if you don't want me to. To paraphrase Brenda Lee.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think this all the time, how bad it is these days.

Then I remind myself that really there hasn't been a large span of time in all of humanity's history that didn't have murder, war, holy wars, genocide, religious intolerance, racism, etc...its always been that way.

Actually now I'd say in general people think more sanely at least in the western world.

The only difference is today our methods of implementing such ideas are more efficient and destructive.

So I don't know I go through phases we're I think the world is #ed and then I go through phases where I think that really people are actually more intelligent nowadays, and its actually better than it was before just seems worse due to modern weapons and methods.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Speaker, I was putting a post to you when the server went down, so I lost it. I just wanted to say that I too feel that way at times. I wish I had a dime for every time I've felt like man ought to just quit the game and give another species a shot at being on top. And then my grandson comes to visit.

Many times I just walk holding his little hand, and he teaches me that the world is a place filled with wonder. In his innocence is his wisdom. I always come away refreshed for all the battles ahead.

It's easy to give up. Many years ago I was a boxer, and not a very good one. I had to learn that every victory was sweeter simply because of so many defeats. I will not lie, the world is a bad place, but we ought to keep in mind that we made it that way. We as a species have gotten just what we made. Now, as our race grows older is the time for wisdom. The time to repair the damage.

It is our lot to live in this period of reconstruction. To be faced with the task of knowing what could be and having to see what is. But with effort and intelligence, my four year old grandson will tell his grandson fantastic tales of how terrible it was in the 'old days'.

This is why I go on. this is why I remain cheerful in the face of the mountains of despair. I want a future day to dawn that will only know these bleak times as the words in a history book.

Peace, and good cheer to you and yours.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Speaker of truth, remember "This too shall pass", you sound as if you are moving into higher realms of your quest for truth, as long as you keep moving what else can happen? Stay the course and don't let the evil take you away in its sinister plan. Remain vigilant and true to your calling, you never know when your master will call on "you" next. It is ok to feel the way you do and to process here is healthy, there are alot of people that look up to you and your wisdom. Don't fail them or yourself with doubt that is here today and gone tomorrow. Remember the strongest souls will be brought in at the last days. Take a break, kick off your shoes and walk! Pray with silence and become filled with the everloving energy that WILL prevail. I promise!

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well there are a few things to be optimistic about.

1. The existance of life on other planets will be found in the next 20-40
years, which promises to fundamentally alter the human mindset.

2. Space travel is starting to really take-off, which if nothing else will lead
to it being incredibly more for humanity to go extinct.

3. The singularity will occur before the end of the century.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I personely know our energy body, or soul if you like....exist beyond the body. There are other planes of existence beyond THIS physical barbarian planet.
I know this to be true through my experiences with out of body travel.

I also think this world is mostly doomed....but it doesn't matter much. We will not cease to exist just because we cant learn to play nice with one another on this go round. There will be other places for our kind to play out other scenarios of 'learning to get along'
I think this Earth scenario has failed. SOME learned the lessons of love well and will not be forced to repete it............the rest shall be caught in a repeticious loop until the time they CHOOSE to learn and move on.

Its just the way of things. This is how souls evolve.

I believe the lesson is...to learn to be a physical embodiment of LOVE.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Good post SpeakerofTruth... I laugh when I read the newspaper, or hear about any of this... Its as if people absolutely lost there damn minds. And worst of all, it is only getting worse every day.

I have lost hope in humanity a long time ago. And personally, I think humans shouldn't spread to other planets or galaxies... Look at how we can f*** up a planet (I'm not talking about global warming).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join