It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians Collecting Multiple Pensions. Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Someone was telling me the other day that career politicians are able to collect full pensions for serving out their 4 years, with benefits. I had told this individual I had read something about it in the past, but I could remember when the article came out.

I heard that if a politician has different political careers they get full pensions for each of them, so theoretically they can serve 4 years in the house, 4 years as a governor, 4 years at the state senate, etc....and collect multiple pensions.

I don't know a single person that would not serve for 4 years in any job or hell for that matter, and then be taken care of for the rest of there life, with cost of living increases and full medical benefits. Couple that with many other terms and positions served and you have a fat, fat paycheck every week.

I have heard and read about this in the past, but I can't find any info to back my claims up. Maybe the well read people of this forum can remember or find some info.

I just don't think it's right to be able to receive what they do for only a few years.

new topics

join