It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

information should be condensed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i'm becoming quite interested in UFO. However, information about them in sites like this can become quite useless since theres HUGE quantity of threads, making very HARD to differenciate to must see ones from the dumbest ones. And, as you all can see, this forum is full of BS, unforuntaly.

Why the hell didnt you already created an OFFICIAL youtube channel dedicated to the matters covered in this forum? NO BS videos, only those approved by the staff.

Its ridiculous how hard is to find good ufo videos on a larger scale these days on the internet.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I recommend you start with books. Here's the first one I'd recommend to someone just beginning to look into the UFO phenomenon:

UFOs and the National Security State: An Unclassified History. Vol. 1: 1947-1973 by Richard Dolan

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I recommend you start with books. Here's the first one I'd recommend to someone just beginning to look into the UFO phenomenon:

UFOs and the National Security State: An Unclassified History. Vol. 1: 1947-1973 by Richard Dolan

no books.

this is 21st centur; it's the internet baby.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

no books.

I hope your joking.

You asked for help and then shot it down, not good manners. The Internet should be a supplemental to printed literature, and visa versa. If there is usefull info in ANY media, then don't neglect the opportunity to learn from it.

That being said, I have to admit I'm being a little hypocritical. While you have to pay for the internet, almost all of the info contained on it is free.(for the moment) Books require you to shell out for each book, unless you go to a public library, and that has its own hazards. I tend to do most of my educational reading online for these reasons.

Good luck. Hope this didn't sound too much like a lecture.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982

no books.

I hope your joking.

You asked for help and then shot it down, not good manners. The Internet should be a supplemental to printed literature, and visa versa. If there is usefull info in ANY media, then don't neglect the opportunity to learn from it.

That being said, I have to admit I'm being a little hypocritical. While you have to pay for the internet, almost all of the info contained on it is free.(for the moment) Books require you to shell out for each book, unless you go to a public library, and that has its own hazards. I tend to do most of my educational reading online for these reasons.

Good luck. Hope this didn't sound too much like a lecture.

if you guys really want disclosure, you MUST make information about ufo availavle EVERYWHERE ANYTIME to ANYONE.

only the internet can do this.

people need to SEE impressive videos of ufo. they dont have time to read 500 pages books about ufos.

those who want disclosure really NEED to BROADCAST THEMSELVES.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There's all kinds of decent books out there, may not be as many that can be bought as there once was but libraries and book stores have some good ones that have been out of print for awhile. Amazon and other sites have them too.
Here's a recent ATS thread on members recommendations of Books on UFOs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally, I don't know what I'd do without the Internet re EBE/UFO research. News media seldom report on'm and documentaries on TV seem to repeat bits and pieces of original stories years old. Revised/updated books seldom occur.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Are books really that passé nowadays ? I'm disturbed anyone could say they don't have time to read a book on a topic that greatly interests them, considering the magnitude of the subject.

Damn consumer culture. People want to be spoon fed everything via a youtube video or message board thread.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - That's for you Nicotine. Your avatar knew what was up.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with DrExtravaganza on various his various points maybe not so much in the way its expressed.

Resolution is in the Here and Now. Although literature is good on one end, it doesn't resolve the immediate need to separate the Wheat from the Chaffe.
One could easily suggest that one watch many Science Fiction movies about aliens and UFOs to see the affect on many posts.

Randomly pick through the threads. There can be allot of posts in the form of mistaken or wishful thinking to blatant outright fraud. See Dr. Greers pictures of Moths explained as being of extra terrestrial origin. Keep in mind there are a few people who are very objective and review posts for what if any merit they offer.

It would be great to have a cataloged list of definitive unknowns vs. case closed stories/images/videos. I suggested as much about a year ago to no avail. As it is some old solved content pops up days/months/years later that require rigorous review leading to the same conclusions. ATS could really save on their bandwidth bill if cases were cataloged this way.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i've created a youtube group dedicated to the most impressive ufo videos.

it its mostly dedicated to the portuguese speaking people, but i'd like to ask you to submit some videos that you find interesting.

it seems really ridiculous that theres no decent youtube group dedicated to this.

for those who appreciate the idea, youre more than welcome to participate.

thanks in advance

youtube.com...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Cool DrExtravaganza.
There's so much stuff in books I feel lacking on the Inet, like a freeze frame of time, especially re EBE /UFOs. I was really surprised hoe cheap UFO books sell for at used book stores. I picked up amongst 10-15 others Good's Above Top Secret (honestly) for 6:50 Cdn appx 4:20 US.

Dallas

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrExtravaganza
i'm becoming quite interested in UFO. However, information about them in sites like this can become quite useless since theres HUGE quantity of threads, making very HARD to differenciate to must see ones from the dumbest ones. And, as you all can see, this forum is full of BS, unforuntaly.

Why the hell didnt you already created an OFFICIAL youtube channel dedicated to the matters covered in this forum? NO BS videos, only those approved by the staff.

Its ridiculous how hard is to find good ufo videos on a larger scale these days on the internet.

OK, considering, that you are a man interested in UFOs, and aliens. Bring something big to ATS, and you'll be rewarded with the greatest replies into your thread day by day.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The same signal/noise message board concerns also apply to the printed word. For every great book on the subject, there exist a hundred stinkers. In this life, it's up to you to separate the wheat from the chaff.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Whos going to judge whats good or not?

Billy Meier has some of the claerist photos out their, but proven a hoax.

What makes a bad/good ufo video? Their really isnt any concrete proof out their either way, So just to dismiss stuff based on your judgement is in my opinion would be foolish. Everything should be looked at and either debunked or put into the unknown catagory.

new topics

top topics

join