It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troublemakers rappel into German Bundestag + Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Troublemakers rappel into German Bundestag + Video

www.spiegel.de

Translation Introductory Paragraph:

Demonstrators have caused an éclat in the "Bundestag". During a debate about childcare they threw papermoney and rapelled from the Tribune down to the Plenum. Others unfolded a Banner in front of the Reichstag: "For German Economy"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Image 1:
- Yellow Demobanner says "For German Economy".
- The Original imprint reads "For German Citizens."

Image 2 (Video):
- Yellow Banner says "The Desires of Economy are unimpeachable"
(In reference to the first Article of the German Consitution which actually states; "Human dignity is unimpeachable")

direct Link of the Video: www.spiegel.de...

The story is in German and it's a surprise that it can't be found on the International Spiegel Page. I couldn't find any other English ressource either.

Maybe someone finds an English Newspage of this.
I am absolutely sorry about this being in German, but i translated the Intro and i will also comment the images.

I think that should be enough and still passes on the main information or news.

After all this is pretty self-explanatory and not too complicated

www.spiegel.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
*bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump*

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
hmm not much going on at that discussion anyway and what a waste of time to demonstrate for nothing really

only good thing was that it showed how bad security is in berlin

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Am i missing something here or do you not need a rope to rappel?

All i see is some people almost breaking thier necks jumping down from the seating.

My dog makes more of a protest when i give him the wrong brand of dog food! Looked like they had all finished anyway lol.

CX.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here's an English language article:

EUX.tv

Berlin (dpa) - Protesters abseiled down the face of the Reichstag building in Berlin Friday unfurling a banner, while others inside conducted a similar protest in the main debating chamber.

Two men had abseiled down from the roof of the building that houses the German parliament "in professional fashion," while two others stood guard on the roof above, eyewitness Harald Bewermeier said.

The banner read: "To the German Economy" in parody of the legend over the Reichstag's main entrance, "To the German People." Police and fire services needed around 30 minutes to remove it

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
hmm not much going on at that discussion anyway and what a waste of time to demonstrate for nothing really

only good thing was that it showed how bad security is in berlin

Ehm. How can that be a waste of time? After all the words and sentences they chose for their message were very good in my opinion.

Better than hanging out on ATS.

They also drew most of the attention to their cause. The Bundestag couldn't even vote on what they planned to vote that day so they had an early weekend.

And all of this in a friendly and civilized manner. What I don't understand is why you think that it is the only good thing that they showed how bad the security is. I mean those are usually the few points which are really bad for us people and are often used against our basic rights.

Thanks for your opinion, even though it seems quite puzzling.

Originally posted by CX
Am i missing something here or do you not need a rope to rappel?

All i see is some people almost breaking thier necks jumping down from the seating.

My dog makes more of a protest when i give him the wrong brand of dog food! Looked like they had all finished anyway lol.
CX.

Well the only synonyme i found was "abseiled down" which comes from the german verb "abseilen". And "Seil" actually means rope. So i guess rappel is actually the preciser definition for "abseiling down" without a Seil.. Err i mean rope. LOL. Awful..

Aw well.. they didn't break their neck. And it needs quite some ballz to hang a transparent on the outside top of a monument.

Bad bad consumer-dog! ;] No wonder with all the additives in animal-food nowadays.

---------------------------

Thanks alot for the English Refernce djohnsto77 ;]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Actually Osram the Bundestag met to discuss a proposition from an opposition party in regards to getting the Family Minister Ursula von der Leyen to appear in front of the bundestag to answer some questions regarding childcare (the minister wasnt there at the debate).

The only problem with the whole thing being that the mandatory number of members needed to vote wasnt met due to many not being there in the first place.

As to the protesters: they were protesting about the german economy which doesnt seem to have much to do about the actual debate that was taking place.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
Actually Osram the Bundestag met to discuss a proposition from an opposition party in regards to getting the Family Minister Ursula von der Leyen to appear in front of the bundestag to answer some questions regarding childcare (the minister wasnt there at the debate).

The only problem with the whole thing being that the mandatory number of members needed to vote wasnt met due to many not being there in the first place.

As to the protesters: they were protesting about the german economy which doesnt seem to have much to do about the actual debate that was taking place.

The childcare question is probably not the only decision which would have been voted on that day. Maybe yes. So what? What has that got to do with anything?
Yes, the mandatory number of members was not present but the reason for this was that most of them found the climbing demonstrators outside more interesting. On the video you can hear that the Leader of Bundestag also asks the members to come back into Parliament for the votings. Without success.

So you conclude this as being a failed demonstration just because they didn't wait for the politicians to discuss the corresponding topic?
Ridiculous.
After all this action distracted many members and drew the attention of the media.
After all.. we are talking about it on ATS and it was posted on Newspages.

The message was provocative and good. Unless for people who don't manage to understand the allegiations or meanings of the message.
Yeah in that case I'd probably say the same thing as you do.

Who cares about the actual debate? They are only debating superficial and uninmportant BS anyway. Same as with all of the "political" discussions which can be seen on TV.

They never discuss about cause and effect. Never ever. Not a single time.
Because the cause for most effects would be "corporate fascism". That's why demonstrations against "Economy" are very precise.

So why should people wait for anything before standing up and making demonstrations? Why should they wait for things like the actual topic of "debate".. nice weather.. or trends? o.O
Are the signs not clear enough for you, Pinkus?
Are you waiting for the irreversible Orwellian scenario?

[edit on 28-4-2007 by osram]

join