It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sayanora Shinkansen, Hello Mag-Lev!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Japan said Thursday it would aim to launch its first magnetic levitation (Mag-Lev) rail service in 2025 as it starts to phase out the famed Shinkansen "bullet" trains.

The commercial service, which can hit top speeds of more than 500 kilometres (310 miles) per hour, will be run by Central Japan Railway Co. (JR Tokai) between Tokyo and the central city of Nagoya.

In an annual earnings report, the company said the Tokyo-Nagoya Mag-Lev service would be the "first phase" of its grand project to build a new super-fast trunk line stretching to Japan's second city of Osaka via Nagoya.

JR Tokai said the 18-kilometre (11-mile) trial track would be expanded to 43 kilometres (27 miles) for further tests on its Mag-Lev cars.

SOURCE:
news.Yahoo.com

This is very cool in my opinions.

Mag-Lev's are in my opinion the best option for long range transport in
the future, as they can be made to be completely clean, are about as
fast as current jetliners, and are capable of moving at hypersonic
speeds much easier than planes can.

So, needless to say I definitely like this development.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I've been playing with different ideas for mag-lev trains since I was young. Disney World really inspired me with its mono-rail and people-mover ride in tomorrow land. If I could secure a patent to my idea I'd like to share it. Anyone have info on how patent applications work?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
lol, the way I see it, the patent process is purely political in nature.

I have dozens of patents I would love to file, but the process is so damned expensive that it's better off to just mail yourself the designs so that they get time stamped by the postage system, and after that let people know of your ideas... that way you can show the court your sealed, time stamped documents, and open them infront of the court.

Same goes with copyrights.

It doesnt hold the same legal value as a patent, but at least you can beat someone to the punch with it.

As for maglev systems, most of it is already patented. I too have had quite a few ideas in that field myself, only to find out that the idea is already patented.

Best thing you can do, (even though it may be discouraging) is to search the US patent database, and see if your idea is taken.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the idea about the timestamp. My idea doesn't so much alter the mag-lev technology but rather is an aide to it. I have a plan that can in theory shatter the 300mph speed of conventional mag-lev. My idea can also be used to secure the borders and provide mass transport all across the US when laid in a grid type fashion (this includes transporting a personal vehicle). The 'hubs' are no more complex than an amusement park ride (with less wait) and security is a non issue because you will need to have a 'train pass' to even get in the facilities. I can't tell much more without giving away too much. The idea of what a 'train' has to look like is different.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by Spoodily]

new topics

top topics

join