It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars episode seven?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have heard rumors about the creation of Star Wars episode 7.
I googled it and found a rough draft written by George Lucas.
Anyone have any idea if he actually plans on creating this movie??

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I heard something awhile back that HE will not be making anymore movies in the series, but that his son might, but I dont know if thats true, or if he even has a son, just what I heard.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
As a classic Star Wars fan, a fan of the EU up until the prequels started, I actually am debating whether I want a new movie made.

The thing that ticks me off is every single time they make a new Star Wars movie or a new game they invent a lot of new ships when there were plenty of things available in the EU to use anyway. I could never get into any newly created things in the prequels that much.

If they make a new movie they better use stuff from the expanded universe, not just invent new stuff out of the blue when there was stuff in that time period already made that could fill the roles. I am aching to see an Eclipse-Class Star Destroyer on screen, I am dying to see an AT-PT on screen. I want to see Carrack cruisers, the Dark Empire series, the Thrawn battles, and all that stuff. I so crave that, but I can never quench it.

Then again, at the same time, even I'm going to admit Star Wars is becoming overdone. People are getting sick of it, and people are just hating it because they're sick of how popular and overdone it is. So maybe its time for Star Wars to end? I don't know...maybe its just time.

SR

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
As a classic Star Wars fan, a fan of the EU up until the prequels started, I actually am debating whether I want a new movie made.

The thing that ticks me off is every single time they make a new Star Wars movie or a new game they invent a lot of new ships when there were plenty of things available in the EU to use anyway. I could never get into any newly created things in the prequels that much.

If they make a new movie they better use stuff from the expanded universe, not just invent new stuff out of the blue when there was stuff in that time period already made that could fill the roles. I am aching to see an Eclipse-Class Star Destroyer on screen, I am dying to see an AT-PT on screen. I want to see Carrack cruisers, the Dark Empire series, the Thrawn battles, and all that stuff. I so crave that, but I can never quench it.

Then again, at the same time, even I'm going to admit Star Wars is becoming overdone. People are getting sick of it, and people are just hating it because they're sick of how popular and overdone it is. So maybe its time for Star Wars to end? I don't know...maybe its just time.

Totally agree i mean they're making a live TV series supposedly as well George Lucas has kind of tied the noose around his neck with the EU material anyway if he made anymore it would have to fit in the EU like NJO etc. Otherwise he would alienate aloooot of fans and if he did follow it well it wouldn't really be an original idea so it's like catch 22. I think he should stray away from anymore movies as well before it just becomes to confusing to care anymore.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i have also heard the rumors, and i think there isnt any more plot left, the bad guy is dead no more evil unless vader had a secret aprentice, i dont think this movie will work

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If they do episode seven, they better do the Thrawn trilogy. Though it would be difficult to get the old cast back together, the age of the actors isn't that off from where they are in the books.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I read this A loong time ago, it has drafts for eps 7,8 and 9.
I have known Lucas had stories written for even longer but he was never gonna make them for lack of time (on his part)...

Good read, Eps 8 and 9 are linked at the bottom.
Link.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i haven't heard anything, but if there were more movies, i'd love to see knights of the old republic movies. because those stories are better than the original star wars movies.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
I read this A loong time ago, it has drafts for eps 7,8 and 9.
I have known Lucas had stories written for even longer but he was never gonna make them for lack of time (on his part)...

Good read, Eps 8 and 9 are linked at the bottom.
Link.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by Chukkles]

thhat was a good read, i think that would make a good movie, but i doubt lucas is going to do it

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by outrider

thhat was a good read, i think that would make a good movie, but i doubt lucas is going to do it

Thats the point, he won't do it, he said a long time ago that he won't make them because he won't have time. (his words).
There maybe a tiny, tiny chance he might make another story in the star wars universe but I Can't see it happening....

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
its either that or they remake the old star wars trilogy with luke skywalker and all them.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
That would be a cool idea...like 10 years from now that they re-make the original trilogy with new characters, a new eviler Darth Vader and a new Jabba and giving Boba Fett a much bigger role.

That would be cool!

new topics

top topics

join