It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Raid Alabama Militia Group, Uncover Small Weapons Arsenal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Feds Raid Alabama Militia Group, Uncover Small Weapons Arsenal

www.foxnews.com

COLLINSVILLE, Ala. — Federal and state agents swooped down Thursday morning on a group calling itself "The Free Militia" and uncovered a small arsenal of home-made weapons that included a rocket launcher, 130 hand grenades and 70 Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) similiar to the kind used by insurgents against American GIs in Iraq.

Agents also recovered enough live ammo to fill a U-Haul trailer, U.S. Attorney Alice Martin said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Press release from ATF

[edit on 26-4-2007 by Vitchilo]

[edit on 24-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well a raid on a militia... it was just a matter of time before the government go against militias just like Justin with his brillant analysis said in another thread.

They will surely use that as propaganda against militias. And in the article, they talk about how the militias were making IEDs used by insurgents in Iraq against US troops, to associate militias to ``terrorists``.

Well is the beginning of militias being homegrown terrorists propaganda? No matter if those guys are coupable, all the militias should go in the medias and talk about how they are there to protect the country against domestic and foreign enemies, and that they are not terrorists organisations to pre-emptively stop the propaganda.

The criminal complaint charges those arrested with conspiracy to make a firearm

What is this crap? Conspiracy to make a firearm? Seriously?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The problem is, that not all militias are generally good, now don't get me
wrong, there are some that are, but there are quite a few that are bad,
for instance armed KKK groups.

Personally, I'm a bit disturbed when anyone, regardless of if they are
friend or foe starts making IEDs.

I can not honestly really make a decision about this group in whole until
I know more about them, however it does seem they had somethings
that are illegal (mind you I disagree with the items I'm about to list as
being illegal as well), those being 120 marijuana plants, silencers and
machine guns.

Something to, even though I think that machine guns should be legal to
own, so long as you get a permit through testing, a group with machine
guns does sort of make me shiver.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just a little question, are you a gun control person? Anyway, militias should have good equipment if you ask me, including IEDs, if not, how do you take out a tank when you're government turn against you like this one is about to do when they will have banned guns, infiltrated all militias and put most of them in jail?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I found this on the Free Militia

The fundamental rule guiding the organization of the Free Militia is centralized principles and planning but decentralized tactics and action.

What is meant by this key statement is that the whole Militia must be committed to the same cause and coordinated in their joint defense of the community. Thus, there must be allegiance to a higher command. But specific tactics should be left up to the individual elements so that the compromise of a part does not compromise the whole. Furthermore, all training and combat actions should be up to the smaller elements, again so that isolation or decapitation does not render the smaller units inept.

The way a balance between these competing concerns is achieved in the Free Militia is to organize all elements into "cells."

That they operate in cells means there might be more then the group that was arrested. If this is indeed a real militia cell that was arrested that is.
sorce

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well how dangerous is this group, I believe militias are needed in a nation in case the government turns tyrant against the people.

So how can the people protect itself from government if the government goes after militias.

But hey the government support groups like the mercenaries for hire under the name of security forces.

Beat me.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Let me point out something reeeaaally wuick. 1.Alabama is in the deep south. 2. assuming these are all white racists could mean they are skin heads. So with those points in mind, the shear ammount of weapons, could they have been planning a genocide of African Americans?

Just my two sense on the matter

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They were able to get these guys and they have done nothing. A punk kid takes out over 30 people and he was able to go home, write some emails, do some shopping, write a book, make some videotapes, eat breakfast, wash some clothes and then go back out and kill some more.

(I embellished the activities but you get the idea)

apc

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Just my two sense on the matter

More like lack of sense.

Anyway, these guys were in violation of the law. Possession of explosive devices is illegal without the proper permits.

If militias want to form and pile up arms and ammo, awesome. All mine are legally purchased and legally owned. If I were to start building pipebombs and mines, I would be just as guilty and a raid would be justified.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Just a little question, are you a gun control person? Anyway, militias should have good equipment if you ask me, including IEDs, if not, how do you take out a tank when you're government turn against you like this one is about to do when they will have banned guns, infiltrated all militias and put most of them in jail?

Well, I believe, that so long as you are a legal adult, do not have a history
of severe/dangerous mental disorders, like schizophrenia, psychosis and
such, and do not have a violent criminal history, than you should be able
to buy any gun you want, though for the more dangerous things, like
machine guns, you should be required to have a safety permit, which you
renew every five years, simply to make sure that you can safely use it.

I don't know if that makes me a gun control person or not.

As for the IEDs, well they generally do not take out tanks, though a
powerful enough one could.

Anyways, while I believe that explosives, again, as with guns, if they are
high grade, you should need a license to make, and a permit to own,
should be legal, the thought of people having them does scare me.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'd like to make you all aware of a discussion on Gun Control that might be helpful.

There's also a discussion about the future of American militias going on that some of you may find useful.

The simple fact of the matter is that we are seeing our own government implement a covert policy of disarmament.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You are right Justin it is an agenda to keep militias disarmed.

In this nation militias has been targeted as terrorist groups and compare them to white power seekers to give bad reputations to many of them.

BTW even if we use our constitutional rights to raise against a government that is becoming tyrant we will be seen as terrorist and traitors so the government can fight back even when we will be within our rights.

So what will be considered against the law and what laws constitutional rights overruled.?

I think our own government when going after militias that are a danger to citizens they are also going after legitimate militias because it pose a danger to their powers.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh, God, stop the presses, they have ONE WHOLE ROCKET LAUNCHER! Also, I just got done reading the story and it turns out it was a homemade rocket launcher.

I bet they found a bunch of pipe bombs and are calling them IEDs. This is nothing compared to that Klar skinhead guy in Texas that for some reason never made the news.

www.thememoryhole.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Well, I believe, that so long as you are a legal adult, do not have a history
of severe/dangerous mental disorders, like schizophrenia, psychosis and
such, and do not have a violent criminal history, than you should be able
to buy any gun you want, though for the more dangerous things, like
machine guns, you should be required to have a safety permit, which you
renew every five years, simply to make sure that you can safely use it.

Well I agree. That's why I'm not blaming the government going after this particular group, maybe they were extremists... but today their definition of extremists is quite large if you look at the documents they gave to the population after the patriot act to report anyone citing the constitution or that kind of stuff. I can give you dozens of examples where the government arrested people on normal things, aka normal ``before 9/11`` kind of BS reason to justify their abuse.

Where do we draw the line? Militias should get serious bosses, not double-agents, clean their ranks, train their people, arm them, inform people about their activities so that they become like Hizbollah in Lebanon to the american people, a friend of the people and defender of the people against aggression. You should all go read the thread that Justin made about the demise of americans militias and give your take on it.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I do believe the United States Constitution calls for (a) militia.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

source

How are "we", the people of the United States of America, supposed to defend our country, if "they", the Federal Government of the United States of America, forbid us to do so, as our Constitution provides us to?

This really seems to be a reoccurring issue, does it not?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The most effective resistance fighter will always work from within the system. These guys were the dumb ones who always get caught. Someone within the group broke operational security. As a precacutionary measure in any resistance movement, you never stockpile weapons and and explosives in the same location. As a former military explosive technician, it take less than 30 minutes to assemble IED's from components and you only assemble them immediately before use. These guys were knuckleheads who the resistance is better off without. The life blood of the NWO is money. Reduce and eliminate as much of your debt as possible. Never use a credit card to buy any resistence material. Info is power and the more you keep from them the better off you'll be.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm glad to see these guys busted. Who knows what they were going to do with these weapons. For those of you who say that militias need to be armed with these type weapons, think about this. It is perfectly legal to have all of the materials needed for a pipe bomb. It is only illegal to assemble them into one. You do not assemble things like this until you need to use them. They have a shelf life. Some of the components can become unstable over time and present a hazard.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
I do believe the United States Constitution calls for (a) militia.
How are "we", the people of the United States of America, supposed to defend our country, if "they", the Federal Government of the United States of America, forbid us to do so, as our Constitution provides us to?
This really seems to be a reoccurring issue, does it not?

I'm kind of wondering what constitutes a militia. Is it a "political" designation, an "official" designation, or if a group of guys get together, drink beer, BS, make bombs, homegrown machine guns, etc. and call themselves a Militia... Are they, in fact, a militia?

Further, if these guys declare themselves to be a Militia, are they, by boon and decree, a legally justified and duly sworn Militia? Or are they still, simply, a group of guys who get together, drink beer, BS, make bombs, homegrown machine guns, etc.? (Which is still illegal as I recall)

There are much larger, and more valid issues and problems to deal with than a bunch of guys getting together and making bombs.

It is unfortunate that vernacular and phraseology comes into play. They call themselves Militia, and when the Fox folks call them that, does it become a problem for all Militias? How about those duly sworn? Yes, some states have duly sworn legal and quasi-duly sworn Militias.

I don't believe that Militias should be equated with terrorists, but ... When something begins to walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and lay duck eggs, then perhaps it is closer to a duck, and we should investigate how we would go about making a distinction between Militias, terrorists, and boobs who call themselves Milita either because it is a cool word, or they are trying to cover something up.

Just thoughts... I don't know if I am right or not, but I am bothered by what is going on.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
*Sigh*

People, it's in the Constitution in black-and-white, the Militia was the predecessor to the National Guard. It was ONE group divided at the state level and it always reported to the President and Congress. It was reorganized in 1903 to be the National Guard. The Second Amendment ONLY applies to the National Guard's right to exist. It says nothing about civilian firearm ownership, which could legally be banned across the board tomorrow if the votes were there.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
On the contrary, the Constitution provides for the people, not "just for the national guard".

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit has come down on the side of the rights of individuals to own firearms in striking down parts of Washington, D.C.'s gun-control ordinance, one of the strictest in the nation. The ruling could force the U.S. Supreme Court to render its first decision on the meaning of the Constitution's Second Amendment since 1939.
source

I would love to see this, or any case like it, make it all the way to the Supreme Court.

The people, not a branch of the Government or the Military, were given the last resort means to protect this country... against foreign, and domestic. You (or anyone that thinks the people's right doesn't exist) are saying that if the Federal Government was to fail at protecting the people... the people would have no means to protect their nation. :shk:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join