It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody here foreign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was just thinking i know there are members from other continents here on ATS, but im curious about the diversity in cultures on ATS.
Feel free to post anything about yourself, country, family, ETC.
Me first:
-I'm native from brazil
-I'm currently 13 years old
-I was born near the borders of paraguay
-Temperatures there can reach 110 degrees on a normal day

[edit on 26-4-2007 by Falken]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Come on people!
Iz there anyone else out there who speaks another language?
I speak Portuguese and English

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Foreign is a matter of perspective.

From my perspective if you were in London, my home, you would most probably be considered foreign as you are not native to the location, so yes there are people on here who are foreign, but only if you visit them otherwise they are just from another place.

Not sure what you mean by "(from America)", you need to elaborate on this somewhat. Should the "foreign" people you want to converse with come from America?

However I will give you what you have told of yourself.

London born and bred, 42 years of age with a temperate climate.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm from America, but I'm a foreigner anywhere else.

42 years of age, Oakland California, and I speak predominantly English, but also some Gibberish.

I've traveled to Europe, SE Asia and Australia as well as Canada and Mexico.

sorry I can't be of more help.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean by "(from America)", you need to elaborate on this somewhat. Should the "foreign" people you want to converse with come from America?

UHHHMMM...sorry i meant as in you are not native to america. My mistake

sorry I can't be of more help.

Don't worry i posted this out of curiosity

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I was born on planet Earth, and so far, I've just stayed here.

But really, I live in Canada, and have most of my life.
I did get to live in the US for a few years and the experience made me appreciate Canada so much more.

I come from British and Danish roots, but that's 3 generations ago.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Im from america, but one one of my friends i know is from costa rica.. her mom can only speak spanish so when she talks to her mom its in spanish. But shes not on the ats.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Um... I was born in Philly, PA, then I moved to Austin, TX and now I live in Houston, TX.

My parents were immigrants (refugees) from Vietnam during the Vietnam War. They were actually from opposite sides of the war and met, married and had me in the US.

I'm currently 14 years old.

I'm 100% Vietnamese. Actually ... I'm 1/32nd Chinese, but I don't like to tell people that.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Codename: Russian soldier
Current location: Hayward, California, United States
Upcoming location: Back to Russia
Born in:Moscow, Russia
Current status: Applying as Security gaurd, soon to become a Russian soldier
Temperature: Hotter then Russia!!!!

Other notes: I will probably come around US once in a while, and other parts of the world

peace

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
noite boa, Falken, I am from America (Southern California) and I am older than you are
The weather here is usually sunny and since I live only a few miles from the ocean the temperatures are cool to moderately warm. I speak English as well as some spanish and portugese but not so much that I can carry on an extended conversation. I've never been to Brazil, although I have always wanted to see Rio and Sao Paulo.

I have traveled to Mexico, China, Japan, The Philippines, South East Asia( Viet Nam, Thailand, etc) and Australia and a few other places as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I am a 27 yr old Australian born and bred gal of the Lebanese and Syrian persuasion, married to an African American man and we currently live in Japan
Detailed ain't we ? lol

I have travelled the Middle East, USA, NZ and some of Asia. I speak Arabic and English fluently, only a little Japanese but I am working on learning more.
I plan to learn Italian and Spanish in the near future also

[edit on 27-4-2007 by ImJaded]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
English born and bred.

Pip pip, chocks away and all that.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Born in London England, Lived in Denmark, Father Is from Northern Ireland, Grand father is from Tennessee America,

Brother lives in Santa ponsa Spain, And my Dads moving to Bulgaria,
One of my sisters is Egyptian,

So a good mix lol,

I speak English, a little Spanish, A little Danish, and learning Bulgarian,

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I speak English as well as some spanish and portugese but not so much that I can carry on an extended conversation.

Where did you learn portuguese and Spanish?
Sorry im just curious

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm an American with a German last name. Which may or may not reflect my roots. Long story, and boring to boot.

In addition to English, I'm fluent in Pig Latin.

And I'm currently wearing a sweater older than you.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Falken

I speak English as well as some spanish and portugese but not so much that I can carry on an extended conversation.

Where did you learn portuguese and Spanish?
Sorry im just curious

First learned spanish in grade school, high school & college, then later from friends who also speak the language. I actually am pretty close to fluent in spanish.

My half-brother's father is portugese and I am also a big fan of Sergio Mendez
& Antonio Carlos Jobim
So, my language skills in that language are not great, although I think it is one of the most beautiful on the planet, next to Italian.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Im Australian, 41, originally from the bush but living in the city now, i speak english (sorta) and a little bit of German, i can swear in about 4 other languages, result of living in a multicultural society. I'd love to visit sth america one day.
Ive been to Fiji, Thailand, Canada, Japan and Hawaii.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I'm an American with a German last name. Which may or may not reflect my roots. Long story, and boring to boot.

In addition to English, I'm fluent in Pig Latin.

And I'm currently wearing a sweater older than you.

Yeahright, :rofl: You crack me up. I always enjoy reading your posts. Your avatar is great too..

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

can swear in about 4 other languages

Funny i can swear in 3 lol

top topics

join