It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank Zappa apprecistion thread......fans?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
By the way, the last show (For FZ anyway) was at the Syria Mosque, which of course Pitt University bought to tear down for a parking lot. Bastards. Saw Dio, Humble Pie, Satriani, THE Jimmy Page, and i think (memory hazy here) Dire Straits. Thats a partial list, memory a bit "fuzzy", if you can relate to that time period....

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think I missed the last one although the first time I saw him was at the mosque. I seen some great shows there too, ZZtop comes to mind. I couldn't believe three guys could sound so good.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sofa No. 2 (1975)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
killer thread.
frank was a genius. december 4th will be 15 years since he passed.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
and today is the day. 15 years ago today frank left on his final tour. he was buried with an espresso machine and a carton of winstons..

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

15 years ago?! Wow! I remember that day as yesterday. I was in a bus heading for Prague in the Czech Republic, when someone in the bus heard it on the radio. That was sad news indeed.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I love Frank Zappa. I first got into him when i was 17, living away from home with my brother and he was the one who got me listening.
Joes Garage is excellent. The guitar solo on Watermelon in Easter Hay is so beautiful. I love the fact that his lyrics are so weird and funny (yet thought provoking) and his music is so fantastic.
I had a few albums of his but lost them when i moved house. I still find myself singing to his songs every now and then.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

glad to meet a fellow fan. it's a shame really that most people that are not musicians will not know who he is.
like they won't even get it. i guess thats what happens when you write dumbed down lyrics over complicated passages....people don't know what to make of it.
personally i think it is beautiful.
watermelon in easter hay is a beautiful song.

frank held that one and black napkins close to his heart instructing that only dweezil be allowed to play either of those tunes..

i have seen dweezil twice and he is up to the task, thats for sure.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sure deal! Im a fan here.. I mean who else would have the mind to name your own child Moon unit? Or Dweezle. and Motorhead!!! Gotta love it!
Not to mention his fancy and out there music.. Love it!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

don't forget diva and ahmet
moon is lucky she came out a girl or she would have been motorhead

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Frank Zappa - Fifty-Fifty (Sydney, Australia, 1973-06-25)

An instrumental version...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
watermelon in easter hey is probably one of the most beautiful guitar pieces ever played. imaginary of course.

if you want to watch a killer documentary on frank check out youtube for peefeeyatko....it's great
part 1
www.youtube.com...

part 2
www.youtube.com...

part 3
www.youtube.com...

part 4
www.youtube.com...

part 5
www.youtube.com...

part 6
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Frank Zappa - I'm The Slime (Live SNL 1976)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join