It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSNN.com - You're kidding Right?... Dumb Idea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
Jo

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Just don't waste our time with things that cannot be verified or supported.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jo

I'm sorry, but I don't even get what you are trying to say here?

1. Who are you talking to?
2. Once we establish 1., what incident(s) are you referring to?

Jo

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
IF THE SHOE FITS.....

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Jo]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wow Jo!

You've now made 2 posts in this thread and still haven't said a damned thing!

Way to go

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have no problem with the ATSNN, I think its a great idea. As a matter of fact I already got a boot to the head as far as double posts go. I just went over to the ATSNN and started posting after I was informed the thread already existed. I mean its not like I own the thread I post, its there for every one to read, comment, burn or whatever. I find the news portion excellent.

Jo

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Wow Jo!

You've now made 2 posts in this thread and still haven't said a damned thing!

Way to go

Oh I'm sorry!
Is this some sort of slander site?

Are you that insecure that you have to do a faceless attack on my character?

You do not deserve a decent response from me if your atittude sucks like this.

Extremely childish at that too I might add.

I would have entertained a question from you had you displayed a bit more courtesy and intelligence and not just gone and openly belittled me.

You do not deserve to be a member of this forum if you can not display a bit of open mindedness and tolerence.

Discuss and debate the issue at hand and not the person then your narrow mind might seek the answers I can only assume you came looking for in this web site.

EDIT: By Kano to rectify the incorrect name in the quote.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Kano]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Jo,

Let's review, shall we?

What is this?

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Jo

I'm sorry, but I don't even get what you are trying to say here?

2. Once we establish 1., what incident(s) are you referring to?

This is me asking for clarification on who you are speaking to, and what you are speaking of. I don't believe there is anything "slanderous" or "childish" or "belittling" here. This is me trying to get clarification on WTF you are talking about.

Now, here is your response:

Originally posted by Jo
IF THE SHOE FITS.....

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Jo]

Now, exactly who is being childish? Maybe you need to go back to bed and try getting up with a better attitude.

Jo

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
For the sake of those who wish to continue with the original topic at hand I suggest we put our personal issues aside.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm still confused. You apparently felt that you were speaking to the original subject when you posted this:

Originally posted by Jo

So, I'm going to ask again, in the same DECENT way I asked the first time:

2. What instances of "wasting your time" with unverified unsupported "things" are you referring to.

And then I'm going to add a request:

Fix my username in your quote...that's bull#.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well children, lets take look at some of our fine member posts today... Dont forget, as you digest these gems of wisdom, that some were made by members who recently got promoted here at ATS!

"If you don't like the site then get the [V] out, we wont stop you and we wont cry a tear if you leave." - Nerdling

"really, i agree with nerdling. if you don't like it, leave! "- Effigy release

"Don't like it? Don't let the door hit ya. " - Banshee

"If you dont like it leave. How hard is that to comprehend? Thier are other forums you know." - Zerodeep

and the clincher from one of true giants of thought here...

"All I have to offer is an agreement with Banshee... If you DON'T like the place, DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT IN YOU IN THE REAR END ON THE WAY OUT! BEEOTCH... " - Springer

"Beeotch" say it with me boys...
Wow. Stunning. Impressive responses boys. This is the type of scholarship that rattles the pillars of the establishment and makes ATS the shining example of a first rate internet debate forum. Keep up the good work and im sure really BIG ats points are on their way to you! Right Willy er, "Skeptic overlord"?

Keep denying ignorance...deny ignorance...deny...ignorance...ignorance...ignorance...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So some people got a little defensive, its not like the initial post wasn't clearly asking for such a response.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Voice of Doom you just EARNED the hell out my first Way Above vote for 2004!

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom Well children, lets take look at some of our fine member posts today... Dont forget, as you digest these gems of wisdom, that some were made by members who recently got promoted here at ATS!
Don't forget, you came in after the dust has settled, and picked on the choice flotsam and jetsam that remained floating on the surface. You saw irritated responses to a series of posts from an exceptionally disruptive poster. You didn't see the bulk of the messages from this disruptive poster, because they've been removed. While I don't disagree that improved tact could have been used, in this case, the responses were not unwarranted.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
You saw irritated responses to a series of posts from an exceptionally disruptive poster. You didn't see the bulk of the messages from this disruptive poster, because they've been removed.

Speaking of...is that person on universal ignore now? He's posting news articles now I can't even see.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or does entering this thread place him on ignore?
Just curious.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
wow. I'm impressed at the amount of strong emotion ATSNN has attracted.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Nice to see that I was not the only 'deluded' person around here.

I don't like the idea frankly and never will at least not the way it is being done.

What it results in is censorship as 'certain selected people' decide what is topical and lead the discussion about it.

Unfortunately these people are too 'connected to the website' itself and this makes me suspicious of them.

One wonders if soon the only real members of ATS will be 'so called' staff and their buddies?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO What it results in is censorship as 'certain selected people' decide what is topical and lead the discussion about it.
You have described any publishing effort. In this case, anyone can submit an article, and everyone can see what has been submitted before it appears on atsnn.com. (It shows up in the ATSNN forum with SUMBISSION prepended to the subject line) This seems to me to be exceptionally fair. Much more fair and open than SlashDot which privately reviews all submissions.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Voice of Doom,

Man I just voted for you for January!

Hell and we don't even like each other!

there must be hope yet.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Skeptic,

I believe everything you say and I'm sure that ATS is bending over backwards to include members,

but I'm not sure why the change was so necessary in the first place?

time will tell how it works out.

the last thing you want from this is a good news story that doesn't get the heated and in-depth discussion that has accompanied some past postings here,

but instead fizzles out like some banner headline that changes every few hours.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO the last thing you want from this is a good news story that doesn't get the heated and in-depth discussion that has accompanied some past postings here,
This is the point... create a news website that publishes breaking news from the unique angle that is ATS... combined with the in-depth discussion that is ATS... and it should evolve into somthing very unique.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join