It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarian. To Be Or Not To Be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So I'm sittin' here doin' some thinkin'.................... There's this girl at the office who is really skinny and stuff. She's always tellin' us how she's a vegetarian, and how she doesn't eat any meat at all. How she can't imagine eatin' meat, and how badly the animals are treated. She's always braggin' about what great shape she's in and stuff. She tells me that if I wanted to get into better shape, that I should become a vegetarian too. She's pretty hot, but I'd rather chew on tin foil than get stuck in an elevator with her.

So I says to myself, Self? Should I become a vegetarian and stuff?
Hmmmmmm...........
This is gonna take some deep thinkin......... Hmmmm I think I'm gonna munch on a Slimjim while I do some thinkin'.......
Should I become a vegetarian? Hmmmmmmmmm..........

Come on brain, do your thing...............

Should I become a vegetarian...... should I become a vegetarian? Man this is one yummy Slimjim.......

Like I always put lettuce and tomato on my burgers - and I like that lettuce and tomato. Some onion is real good too. And I always have a baked potato with my steak. I even put mushrooms on that steak. Yep, I really like those mushrooms, and potatoes. Man this vegetarian thing might not be so bad!

And like that salad bar at the diner is pretty cool. I've had salads there. Yep, I put lots of lettuce and tomatos, and cheese, and eggs and anchovies and stuff on that salad. Then I put some really cool dressing on that salad. Then I put a couple big handfuls of Bacon bits on it to finish it off. Yep, that is one good salad. I think I might be able to do this!

Hmmmmmm, I'm gettin' kind of hungry thinkin' about all this food. I think I'll boil up a couple of hot dogs. Yep, I won't put any chili on that hot dog though. Man, I'm already on my way to bein' a vegetarian!

And like I could eat alot of soup and stuff. Yep I could put alot of vegetables in my beef broth. Man I should have done this ages ago! I already feel in better shape!

Hey! I can eat pizza too! Yeah! Yep, but I won't put no meatballs on that pizza, just some pepperoni.

Oh brain, you're doin' such good thinkin'! Maybe I should make a tape on how to do vegetarian eatin' and stuff, and sell it to people!

I wonder where that bag of pork rinds got too.........

I'll post some more vegetarian recipes after I do some more thinkin'.......

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow lombozo! You sure do have focus. I know a lot of people who made the decision to become vegetarian and they had a tough time of it. But you are an inspiration, imo.

You could have had your burger plain! No lettuce, tomato or onion!
You could have had that steak without any mushrooms or, for that matter, a baked potato. Did you? NO.

You went that extra step and accepted the true bother that it is to take out some lettuce, tomato or whatever out of the fridge. Next you you had to slice them so that they'd fit on your burger, sandwich or whatever meal you were turning into a vegetarian feast! That's a real bother. I won't even get into the clean-up. As it is I have to put up with my wife telling me that I'm "worse than the kids" when it comes to cleaning up after myself. I bet you have the same problem. But your obvious dedication shines through.

I don't know if I have your focus, your determination. However I know just how popular being a vegetarian is these days. It's trendy and we all want to be trendy, don't we. But I don't know.....it is a hassle at times.

Hey! Wait.......after a moment of "deep thought" I realized that there is a short cut to this "vegetarian business"......from now on I will only eat other vegetarians!.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hey BT!
Yes I am cursed with the ability to do such good thinkin' and stuff. Yep, I have the focus of a Ninja. Listen to this good thinkin' and focus! Cleanup used to be a problem. So I did some good thinkin' and said to myself, Self? What would be the perfect way to clean up? So I did some thinkin', and decided why cleanup? Just eat everything. Yep. Then I let my dog Yabaastad lick the plates and utensils clean! It's perfect!

I'm glad to be a vegetarian brother. Man! I even think I'm gonna go and hug that tree in my front yard! Hmmmmm......... eatin' only vegetarians, eh? Yep, that girl in the office is pretty hot! I would...(EDITED FOR REASONS THAT I SHOULDN'T GO WHERE THIS COULD GO)

That is some darn good thinkin' there BT!

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I prefer to eat higher on the food chain. Do you suppose that eating a vegetarian would have any heath benefits?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
"If it never had a face, it ain't worth eatin'".
-Me

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Without meat, we'd still be swinging in the trees and the world would be run by something else, perhaps giant cockroaches.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
"If it never had a face, it ain't worth eatin'".
-Me

Classic! I love it. I do believe that that is some darn good thinkin'!

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
For every animal a vegetarian/vegan who doesn't eat meat for humane reasons doesn't eat, I'll eat five.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Double post - Please delete]

[edit on 4/29/2007 by Kacen]

new topics

top topics

join