It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting used to sleeping with your partner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend of six months is having a tough time getting used to sleeping in the same bed with me. I think she worries a lot about her waking me, potential snoring, and other stuff. Anyway, I've let her know that I sleep like a rock and don't here anything from her.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation where they couldn't get used to sleeping in the same bed with their SO? Do you have any tips, tactics, or tricks to falling to sleep in that manner. We also have divergent sleep habits. I'm an early to bed, early to rise guy, while she has no difficulty sleeping in until noon on the weekends.

Any input and advice is really appreicated.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It's just something that takes time, especially if you're not used to sleeping with anyone at all. Although a rousing round of sexual exploits before turning in might make it easier to fall asleep together. Or perhaps some warm milk or cocoa (for the tryptophan) or some chamomile tea.

I think you're just going to have to give it time. If you guys get tired enough you'll soon learn to fall asleep together and stay that way.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thanks for your input. My sweetie's in their sleeping now, while I'm getting ready to go to work. I'll certainly suggest some vigorous activity before bedtime.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend of six months is having a tough time getting used to sleeping in the same bed with me. I think she worries a lot about her waking me, potential snoring, and other stuff. Anyway, I've let her know that I sleep like a rock and don't here anything from her.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation?

She had no problem when she slept at my place.

sorry, I had to get that out of the way.

My wife and I had trouble sleeping in the same bed for years. She moves around a lot and I went without good sleep for a while. When we moved into our current apartment I got us a king sized bed. She's so far away from at night that I need a passport to cop a feel.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I snore, loudly and my wife hates it... I'm a light sleeper, so everytime she moves, I'm awake.

On another note, when we first moved in together, it was a one bedroom apartment and she only had a twin bed. We slept on that thing together for about 3 months before getting a full size... :shk::shk:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I used to work with this lady who always talked about how her husband always rolled next to her when she got into bed. I never had the heart to tell her love had nothing to do with it. When you weigh 350, whatever's in the bed is going to roll towards you when you get in it. It's called "gravity".

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
give her a science lesson about planets and moons and gravity and use her and her husband in bed as an example. that might do the trick

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

She had no problem when she slept at my place.

That is classic! I literally chuckled!

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It took my husband and I a little while to get used to each other also, more so for me because I have never shared my bed with anyone else before so it does take some getting used to.
And like you and your partner we have different bed times with him in bed earlier than I and even though he tells me I don't bother his sleep I find I am still tip-toe'ing around when I eventually get to bed lol I think that's just being considerate!

I am also a leg-thrower-overer (lol) and I like to cuddle, he is more of a flat-on-his-stomach sleeper so it works out good for us.

The one thing I still cannot get used to though is how hot he gets because I am a hot person generally while he is usually cold but he warms right up once he is in bed so I end up with half my body outside the covers to stay at a comfortable temp lol

I think any sleep problem of this nature can be solved easily and just with time (and compromise where needed) although I don't know about snoring because he only does rarely and lightly at that so it doesn't bother me. You two will be fine once you get in the swing of things

And of course the late-night recreational activites previously mentioned only help too

Oh yeah -
Crakeur, that was a very funny surprise, had me cracking up

[edit on 28-4-2007 by ImJaded]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I work nightshifts and my partner day shifts.

new topics

top topics

join