It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice REFUSES to answer up for subpoena

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

OSLO (AFP) - US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice signalled Thursday that she would not comply with a subpoena to appear before Congress to testify about discredited assertions on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

"This is an issue that has been answered and answered and answered," Rice said when asked about the subpoena during a visit to Oslo for a meeting of NATO foreign ministers.

Rice said her staff had written three letters in the last month to Democratic congressman Henry Waxman (news, bio, voting record), chairman of the House Government Reform Committee, concerning his questions about bogus 2003 White House assertions that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein had sought enriched uranium from Niger as part of a program to develop nuclear weapons.

Sorry miss Rice, if you answered all their questions, they wouldnt be requesting you.
I really hope this goes further, and they MAKE her appear.

Answering a question in words isnt the same as answering one in person.
You can use words and take your time on answers to ensure it comes across as you please.

Where as being asked something to your face, your body language/eyes give as much away as the words you speak.

Especially when you know the answers you give are complete and utter lies.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 26-4-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That is so scarey it makes me realize once again that this administration is a bunch of bullies and that they are ruling the playground. Making their own rules only stands to make us more angry and brings notice to their illegal acts of dominance.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
How in the world do you refuse to answer a Sobpoena? If you or I were to refuse to show up, we'd get a little visit from the local Sherriff's office and a free ride to court as well as a criminal charge. How do you just get away with that, does her position give her some kind of immunity from legal proceedings or something? Reminds me of Bush refusing to swear in during the 9-11 commission hearings. American Aristocracy at it's finest.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Exactly,

"This all took place in my role as national security adviser," Rice continued.
"There is a separation of powers, and advisers to the president are, under that constitutional principle, not generally required to go and testify in Congress," she said.

"I think we have to observe and uphold constitutional principles," she said

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
These people believe that they are above the law. I personally believe that the entire Republican leadership has become so corrupt and sullied by this administration and the likes of the Christian collition and Grover Norquist's group and so on that the only way the party itself can survive is to totally purge itself of its leadership because as this administration comes to an end we are going to see such revelations about its corruption that it is going to totally cripple the party. These guys make Nixxons gang look like eagle scouts.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
How does Rice do not answer to a subpoena? very simple Bush a while back said to the American people that he do not hold any of the people in his administration accountable for the mistakes made in Iraq.

President Bush said the public’s decision to reelect him was a ratification of his approach toward Iraq and that there was no reason to hold any administration officials accountable for mistakes or misjudgments in prewar planning or managing the violent aftermath.

www.crooksandliars.com...

So, I guess she and everybody of Bush people has not reason to answer to anybody.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Scary.. I wonder if any legal actions are going to be taken against her.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
wonder if they turned everything they had found up to date through all their investigations, over to a da for prosecution for treason, if the administration would be forced to answer some questions then??

they have taken the separation of the branches of government to such an extreme, it tends to make it look like they've branded the legislative and the judicial branches as dangerous enemies that have to be circumvented at every angle. to quote an old saying that I've heard time and again from the ultra conservatives......

If you have nothing to hide, what's the danged harm in it?? it could possibly improve the public perception of the administration for her to go up and answer some questions.....that is...if there's nothing to hide!!!

but of course.....there's is probably much to hide, huh?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Seems Sec Rice's spokesperson today is not ruling out her appearing, ie:

"...Rice declined to respond when asked if she would absolutely refuse to testify under subpoena.

Her spokesman, Sean McCormack, said later that no final decision had been made about Rice appearing before the committee..."

Source CNN:
www.cnn.com...

Dallas

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I hate to sound all conspiratorial here, but it is a fact that Ms. Rice is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. To me, this is just one more reason to keep an eye on the people at the top, and make the connections where they must be made. It's apparent, to me anyway, that there's an elite few that influence everything to such a degree that it can be assumed that they control it. This allows them broad reach and power to levy any kind of action that they want, even if it means breaking the law.

TheBorg

Edit:

It sure seems funny to me that when I post something like the above, that it takes about 4 times as long to post as it normally would for any other nonsensical post. Does anyone else find that just a little disturbing? To be sure of this, I've been testing out my connection speeds to various sites, including this one while making a post, and it's always when I make a controversial post such as this that it slows way down, almost like it's being rerouted through Echelon or something. What could I have said that merited looking into, aside from her name and the organization with which she IS indeed a member?

This has me somewhat concerned that maybe Big Brother is more involved in domestic spying than one might imagine. I'll update more in other threads as I see it happen.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
This has me somewhat concerned that maybe Big Brother is more involved in domestic spying than one might imagine. I'll update more in other threads as I see it happen.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by TheBorg]

Don't worry, if "big corrupted brother" is spying on all of us, they would be on me like a fly on a cake.

I have not problem telling anybody how corrupted our government is and how we need to protect our constitutional rights to defend ourselves from that corruption as the people of this nation.

They think they have the power but they forget that "we the people have more"

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It seems that our country's leaders have forgotten that they are also role models for our children and young people, like it or not. Ms. Rice should answer the subpoena like any other American, if nothing more than to send a message that no one is above the law. The youth of today need some positive role models and there aren't too many of those around these days. The govt should be setting an example of accountability, not trying to hide behind their titles.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
legally she has to or be held in contempt of congress. this administration hasn't a leg to stnad on in regards to this.

join