It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An explaination for the Strange Lights over Area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I've been researching Groom Lake for many years now. After careful review of many of the sighting of lights/UFO's seen at night, I think I've come to a sound conclusion based on logic of what Some of the strange lights over Area 51 are: Holograms

I know many will find this disappointing, but Hear me out before you dismiss my theory.

We all know that Groom Lake is used to develop some of the most secret and high-tech aircraft in the world. Planes ranging from the Blackbird to the F-117 Stealth have been tested at the base over the years. The government has gone above and beyond to hide what they are doing out there from the world, by hiding the facts in a sea of secreacy and lies. They seem to Welcome Anything that hides the truth.

Now even when they do night testing, they need to pick a night with enough natural light outside to be able to observe the test aircraft and record data. If there is enough light for the people working on the base to observe the test planes, outsiders can also see what is flying. The point of night testing is to hide the aircraft from outside observers. So what is needed is a way to hide the test flights from uncleared observers.

Here is where the Lights come in!

They fly the test planes near one end of the facility useing only enough light to see what is going on. Meanwhile, at the Opposite side of Groom Lake, they set up some kind of holographic projection. These holographic images are the strange lights people are seeing. The lights are moved around in strange patterns in the sky to draw attention and act as a Decoy for the Secret aircraft bieng tested at the base.

Tim

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
From what I remember the F-117 never flew out of Groom Lake. It was all done at Tonopah. Have Blue flew from there, but I thought all the F-117s were flown out of TTR.

As for night testing, they could use night vision cameras, and most of the data from testing comes through telemetry data. There's no need to have a night where they can see the planes.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That would be easy enough to prove, just set up night vision and observe when the holographic lights appear the opposite end of the area. I am surprised why there are not more people that would go ahead and set up survelliance.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
From what I remember the F-117 never flew out of Groom Lake. It was all done at Tonopah. Have Blue flew from there, but I thought all the F-117s were flown out of TTR.

According the the Book Nighthawk: F-117 Stealth Fighter the First F-117 (YF-117 #781) flew from Groom Lake on June 18, 1981. The operational aircraft flew at Tonapah, but the prototypes flew from Groom Lake!

Night vision Amplifies light, it doesn't create any. You still need some ambient light to amplify.

Tim

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Right, but you need very little. You certainly don't need enough for a person to see the plane. Newer night vision scopes can see rather nicely with a tiny bit of light.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
That would be easy enough to prove, just set up night vision and observe when the holographic lights appear the opposite end of the area.

Good idea, Antar!

Unfortanatly, I don't live in Nevada anymore. I'm in Maryland, over on the east coast. However, if you or someone else lives in Nevada and has the equipment to test my theory, Go Ahead! I would love to see if my theory is correct.

Tim

P.S. If any member of ATS does decide to put my theory to the test, Please post your results. I would like to know the outcome, whatever it is!

[edit on 4/26/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
A couple of notes:

Every F-117A (preproduction and production aircraft) flew at Groom Lake. The SENIOR TREND Joint Test Force was based there until it moved to AF Plant 42 in the early 1990s. Each F-117A made its contractor (Lockheed) and customer (USAF) acceptance test flights at Groom Lake. The JTF used the preproduction aircraft at the site as testbeds. Even after moving to California, they still occasionally returned to Groom for classified testing and radar cross-section verification. Tactical Air Command had several "rubber duck" shelters (later replaced by metal hangars) adjacent to the JTF hangars.

Most testing at Groom Lake is NOT done at night. This is for safety and engineering reasons. The test article must be clearly visible to tracking cameras and chase aircraft. Often there is a requirement for engineering photography or observations by flight test engineers to document control surface actuation, aerodynamic flow (with tufts or oil), etc. Night testing is usually done for aircraft and systems that are designed to operate at night, but only after the test article has reached sufficient maturity to operate without a safety chase.

Most test flights are conducted during the first hour or so after dawn to minimize the chance of an unauthorized sighting of the test article. Test program personnel typically commute to the test site on a weekly basis, arriving Monday morning and departing Friday evening. This allows four morning per week for flying.

The majority of non-program personnel commute to the test site on a daily basis. Test teams make every effort to have the test article back on the ground and in the hangar prior to the arrival of most non-permamnet test site personnel each morning. Weekend activities are rare.

Uncleared personnel present on base during a test are sequestered while the test article is exposed on the ground. Sometimes a deviation to this protocol may be granted, allowing uncleared personnel to move within the main base area without sequestering.

Test articles area hangared whenever foreign reconnaissance satellites are due to pass overhead (NIGHTSHOT Condition), or when uncleared personnel are known to be within sight of the airfield or test site skyline (WATCHDOG Condition). If WATCHDOG goes into effect while a test article is airborne, the Operations Director or Supervisor Of Flight will decide whether to approve the aircraft to approach and land at the test site or divert to an alternate airfield.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
A couple of notes:

Most testing at Groom Lake is NOT done at night.

Ok, what are all the lights seem over Groom Lake at night?

As you know Groom Lake is inside of R-4808N, which is a restricted airspace. Second the base is a Research Facility, it does Not house operation squadrons, which is why the F-117A was moved to Tonapah for it's early operational carrer.

Surely they don't shine lights into the sky just to use extra electricity.

Tim

P.S. Shadowhawk, I've spent a lifetime studying the secrets of Groom Lake, I don't invent these theories on the spot with no knowledge of the subject.

[edit on 4/27/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Many of the lights seen "over Groom Lake" are not actually over the DREAMLAND airspace. Some are on other parts of the Nellis Test & Training Range, but may be perceived by the observer to be over Groom Lake due to the viewer's perspective or a misperception of the location. These include flares and aircraft involved in training exercises. Other lights, actually over Groom Lake, are from support aircraft and occasional test articles.

There may be some events without an obvious explanation, but I don't have any specific information on this. My main point was that it's not accurate to make a blanket declaration that "all testing at Groom is done at night," when official documentation and testimony from personnel at the test site cleary indicates otherwise. As always, thank you for your input.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Many of the lights seen "over Groom Lake" are not actually over the DREAMLAND airspace.

Right. This concurs with Lazar's testimony that the saucer testing occured on another range nearby.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Lights over various parts of the ranges do not, in and of themselves, confirm anything Lazar said about "saucer" type vehicles being tested. All the lights indicate is that aerial activity takes place of the Nellis Air Force Range. This should not be surprising since the ranges are used for all sorts of test and training activities.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ok then.

It doesn't confirm. It just fits.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

My main point was that it's not accurate to make a blanket declaration that "all testing at Groom is done at night,"

Just wondering, who made such a Blanket statement?

No offense Shadowhawk, but you seem to be disproving a statement that Noone has made. My origional post only made refrence to the fact that Some testing at Groom Lake is done at night.

Going from the word "Some" to "All" is a huge jump. Case in point: Have Blue 001 made it's first flight from Groom Lake around 7:00 A.M., according to the book Nighthawk: F-117 Stealth Fighter

7:00A.M. is hardly anyone's idea of night! Who's statement are you out to disprove?

Tim

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Eh, let´s keep this on topic as new theories regarding the subject is most welcome. Tim, other than a thought, do you have anything to go on regarding the hologram theory?

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The idea was origionionly based on the idea that the military has used various types of decoys for centuries as a means of deception. However, while searching for a good sorce to back up my claims, I found this instead:

Real holograms will not fool people at short range and they do not move, nor can they be ‘projected’ into a remote location.

Source: Military Holograms

The fact that holograms don't move basically kills my theory in the water. The lights descibed and video taped in the sighting over Groom Lake not ONLY move but they move in ways no Known aircraft can.

Oh well, I was wrong on this one, back to square one!

Does anyone else have a guess reguarding the Strange light that are said to make almost impossible flight manuvers over Groom Lake in the night?

Tim

P.S. Adleast I learned something New, the theory wasn't a total waste!

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Eh, Tim, now you are making no sense :-)

Are you scrapping the idea based on what defensetech.org says? Since when was the latest most hush hush high tech military secrets posted on the web in this fashion? Who knows how advanced hologram technology really is. Thinking about the military potential i´m willing to bet a whole on that it´s far more advanced than what we might think.

As far as the area51 observations go, i´ve never seen any useable footage of these lights but i imagine it could be several things. Knowing it is research facility and reading the thread about black triangle UFO´s kinda makes up for some interesting thinking...

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomra
Are you scrapping the idea based on what defensetech.org says? Since when was the latest most hush hush high tech military secrets posted on the web in this fashion? Who knows how advanced hologram technology really is. Thinking about the military potential i´m willing to bet a whole on that it´s far more advanced than what we might think.

Excuse me, but do you even know what a hologram is? Hint: It has nothing to do with sci-fi gadgets like the "Holodeck" in Star Trek, or other "3D moving images" in sci-fi.

-> en.wikipedia.org...

A hologram is a sort of 3D-photography. It must be stored in/on a suitable medium - you cannot "project" a hologram into thin air!

Regards
yf

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Obviously, light need something to reflect/refract on, like some form of particles. I do not believe that would be hardest part to figure out.

Eh, that is really besides the point i was trying to make, although i have no clue about to what extent holograms are used for military purpose i think it is fairly safe to assume that they are able to nudge is couple of steps further than what we learn in school, no?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yfxxx

A hologram is a sort of 3D-photography. It must be stored in/on a suitable medium - you cannot "project" a hologram into thin air!

Regards
yf

Thanks YF! It was that point what I realised that lead me to Scrap the hologram idea. I don't care how high tech our military gets, they will never have the ability to Rewrite the basic laws of physics.

That said, we are still back to the basic question, What are the Strange lights over Area 51?

Tim

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomra
Eh, that is really besides the point i was trying to make, although i have no clue about to what extent holograms are used for military purpose i think it is fairly safe to assume that they are able to nudge is couple of steps further than what we learn in school, no?

I didn't say that "projecting holograms into the air is beyond current technology". I said "you can't project hilograms into the air, because of the basic principles on which holograms work".

The military may be ahead technologically, but they are still bound by the laws of physics. Of course, if you think that the latter, as we know them today (and we actually know quite a lot), are completely off the mark, then "anything goes", and the whole discussion becomes a matter of belief (i.e. a religion).

Regards
yf

<<   2 >>

join