It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Huge UFOs sighted Channel Islands 25/4/7

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Doe's anyone think these ufo siting's may have something top do with the earthquake yesterday? It all seem's rather too coincedental.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Many thanks for your help.

So:

'Extremely pointed, very long and thin... slightly thinner than that. This area, about two thrids of the way along the fusilage was pretty dark. This was very brilliant yellow (points to the right of the drawing), very golden yellow (points to the left). Very dark in this area (points 2/3s from the left).

Known to be operating in the area at the time was the absolutely huge and absolutely gorgeous.... Liberty of the Seas. (hope the link works).

img411.imageshack.us...

What do you think? Look at the line of high visibility lifeboats. That's all you would see from about 40 miles.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by Josies Dad]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Captain Ray Bowyer, 50, of local airline Aurigny, spotted a "bright-yellow light" 10 miles west of Alderney at about 3pm during a flight from Southampton while his aircraft was 30 miles from the island at 4,000ft.

He recounted: "It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area. It was 2,000ft up and stationary....

Bowyer described his sightings to ATC. Paul Kelly, 31, the duty air traffic controller at the time, said "nothing had appeared on his radar", but that he'd received a "similar report" from a Blue Islands pilot en route to Jersey at the same time. Kelly explained that as the pilot went past Sark he "described an object behind him to his left".

He continued: "The description was very similar to Captain Bowyer's and they described it as being in exactly the same place. But they were looking at it from opposite sides."

The Blue Islands pilot explained the UFO was 1,550 feet lower than his aircraft, which was at 3,500ft, so "both pilots placed it at the same altitude", Kelly added.

Source.

I think it's doubtful that two separate pilots would mistake a line of high visibility lifeboats, for a UFO at 2000ft. Remember, these are two experienced pilots, one seeing it/them from one side, one from the other.

I respect you looking for a mundane explanation, but IMO that isn't it.

Of course, that's just one guy's opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If you do the trig, then the difference in angle of observation from that distance between the object at 2000 ft and at sea level is 0.57 degrees.

The fact that two independent observers saw it suggests that something was actually there.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josies Dad
If you do the trig, then the difference in angle of observation from that distance between the object at 2000 ft and at sea level is 0.57 degrees.

That may very well be the case, however, I've put my life in that hands of pilots before, and I doubtless will again, I would certainly hope they, above anybody else, would be qualified to judge altitude.

[edit on 29/4/07 by Implosion]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well there is a time frame problem with the cruise ship theory. It came into port at Southampton on April 22nd:

The ship will stay until Tuesday with firework celebrations scheduled before it sets sail on a small cruise.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Dated April 23rd 10am:

Crowds were again expected to flock to the park this evening when a repeat firework display is due to take place at 9.45pm, while tomorrow the third and final event begins at 9pm as the ship is sailing for a two-night mini-cruise an hour later.

www.dailyecho.co.uk...

The UFO was seen on Monday afternoon April 23rd out at sea. Plus there were reportedly two UFOs seen by Bowyer. It sounds like the ship didn't leave port until the night of April 24th. It couldn't have been 40 miles west of Guernsey at the time.

I will give you this, the Liberty of the Seas (do a google image search) is a fantastic wonderland of a ship (if you can really call it a ship).

[edit on 29/4/07 by Atomic]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In addition there were a lot of cruise ships in port in Southampton around this time; some very large ships!

Link

I couldn't get any info but the "Freedom" of the Seas could of been out to sea and not the "Liberty"...but now we need some evidence that it was out of port and in that area west of Guernsey. The best I could find from Monday April 23rd is that all of these ships were at Southampton.

It seems odd that both pilots would come to a UFO conclusion based on a ship...ships I'm sure they've seen many times as experienced pilots flying that same route over the Channel.

All this cruise ship research has distracted me severely...I forgot I was looking for UFOs after checking out how cool they were. Nice virtual tour too of the Liberty, I think the aliens have at least sold me on a summer cruise.

[edit on 29/4/07 by Atomic]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There is certainly precident for a ship to be in two places at once. There is a well documented event that took place in 1943 at Philadelphia.

I cannot find any record of the Liberty being out of port on the Monday. Josie's mum boarded her on Tuesday and they were sailing around the Channel Isles looking at Guernsey on Wednesday. So I'm out by two days. The Liberty's sister ship, whick looks very similar, the Navigator arrived on the 26th and on the cruise ship tracker site was still south of Ireland on the 24th at midnight. So it wasn't her on that date...

However, as the description matches the lifeboat arrangement perfectly I wonder if the reported date was wrong. The news report was dated the 25th. If the sighting was 3pm on the 24th then perhaps it was the Navigator?

I struggle to see a mile wide craft at only 2000 feet on a clear day in the middle of the afternoon would not be spotted by litterally hundreds of people. This is one of the busiest shipping areas of the world.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josies Dad
From the pilot's description while performing his sketch.
'Extremely pointed, very long and thin... slightly thinner than that. This area, about two thrids of the way along the fusilage was pretty dark. This was very brilliant yellow (points to the right of the drawing), very golden yellow (points to the left). Very dark in this area (points 2/3s from the left).

Here is pilot's sketch:

Extracted from this scanned article:
www.flickr.com...

Hope it helps

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Anyone know what happened after he landed? Like did he report it straight away or what? I wish they would have sent a plane up there to check it out again.

And any more info on the MoD stance on it?

I know there isn't much info about this coming out, but we shouldn't let this thread fade away and be forgotten, because as of now we haven't even come close to explaining it!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
For anyone who missed it, the FAKE UFO picture is now being reported as "news"

U.K. Airline Passenger Breaks Ruless...Snaps Photo of UFO With Cellphone?

Is this the UFO?

"Is this a UFO?" No. No it isn't.

[edit on 1/5/07 by Implosion]

Ram

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I agree with implosion.

It's a fake in my opinion

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
For anyone who missed it, the FAKE UFO picture is now being reported as "news"

U.K. Airline Passenger Breaks Ruless...Snaps Photo of UFO With Cellphone?

Is this the UFO?

"Is this a UFO?" No. No it isn't.

Yeah it sucks because if people aren't going through reading every post they will just assume that because the photo was a hoax that must mean the whole event was a hoax

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thats a good point, its odd how that happens.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
Yeah it sucks because if people aren't going through reading every post they will just assume that because the photo was a hoax that must mean the whole event was a hoax

Might be worth retitling the thread to reflect what has been revealed inside.

"Channel Islands UFO's 4/25 - Photo a Hoax, Story Still Valid.." Something along those lines....

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

That might very well be true. It makes you wonder about the motivation of the person who created the picture, doesn't it?

No matter, sure, there are many people looking to fake and hoax, but there are a hell of a lot of genuine reports out there, very often from people who end up wishing they had never said anything at all. People point and laugh.

Perhaps humans are conditioned to only believe in that which comforts them. Belief in a benevolent God, and an everlasting paradise in the afterlife, for instance, is subscribed to by millions of people. I wonder how many of these folks have had direct experience to bolster their beliefs. Maybe it is more comforting to them to believe in such a thing, than it would be to believe in alien critters tear-assing about the place in gigantic mother-ships.

It shouldn't be taken as a matter of faith, we're not talking about a religion here, genuine UFO reports are out there. IMO this is such a report.

I think it's laughable that people can look up at the stars and come to the conclusion that we are alone in the Universe. Having said that, why bother yourself with another persons beliefs? We are all unique beings, with unique perceptions. I just hope one day, we will know for certain, one way or another, or I will die wondering.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Did they come from Blackpool or Fleetwood on the west coast of England.

Residence complained in Fleetwood. I just wonder if any were ever
seen in Blackpool.

Big Belgian Triangle types have been sighted there at times in Fleetwood.

I don't know where Guernsey is.

Don't think you heard about those.

Newfoundland, Bell Island had a blast from a backfire and I was just
looking on a map wondering if they go up north to a base.

Back to Google Earth.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Sorry lol I really couldn't make any sense out of that last post

Anyway, it seems this is being forgotten...

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Buried, but not forgotten.

Seems as the MOD is investigating this sighting after all.

UFO sightings are being investigated by the Ministry of Defence.

Two experienced airline pilots on separate flights saw something up to a mile wide off the coast of Alderney on Monday afternoon. Surprisingly, Jersey radar equipment did not pick up the object, although an air traffic controller said he had received simultaneous reports from the Aurigny and Blue Islands pilots. This is Guernsey

Will any real photos or witness reports come forth? Only time will tell.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
i think like most similar things this will fade into the past and nothing new will come forward

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join