It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Huge UFOs sighted Channel Islands 25/4/7

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
Since this photo has been proved to be a hoax a few things have run across my mind. The main is disinfo, this photo coming out so soon and clearly showing a "not sure of the correct term octulus maybe" cloud has me thinking that there is a big cover up going on. I do not believe this was a hoaxer who published this photo but a disinfo agent

Yeah true, I can't figure out why someone would make that hoax photo, it does seem a bit like the creator was trying to dumb it down a bit

I don't even know anyone else from C.I. that is into UFOs, let alone anyone who would go to the trouble of making a hoax picture. I mean if people are interested they would say "wow", if they weren't they would just shrug it off...

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

Yeah true, I can't figure out why someone would make that hoax photo, it does seem a bit like the creator was trying to dumb it down a bit

Maybe to feel superior, the pic gets picked up, and the creator feels the satisfaction of knowing he has got one over on people. Maybe they were just bored and wanted to test their skills .Perhaps, as was already said, to discredit the whole story.

Who knows why? I'm just glad we don't have to waste any more time on it.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'd like to hear from the guy on the Pilot forum who posted that picture originally. He only has one post and he's out of there? What email rounds is he talking about? Hmmmm....It would be nice to pull the string on that one.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Found this today:

www.thisisguernsey.com...

In response to the article -

The only thing is that the pilot reported an object; "a half mile" I believe it was - the military is testing an object(s) of that size? It seems improbable to me. Is this military base nearby American or American linked because that is the only country I could see creating objects of that size that aren't drigibles.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Not to hurt this guy's feelings in Guernsey article posted above claiming to think it was military craft, but:

‘The stealth bomber had been around for 25 years before anyone knew about it. The first the Iraqis knew of it was when it was above them dropping bombs.’

...the stealth bomber was revealed in 1988. Before the first Iraq war. I'm sure they were aware of it.
www.infoplease.com...

Now that he claims it is military craft...now you have to explain why they were testing two experimental craft at the same time. What type of craft it might be and what previous sightings have been made that corroborate that theory.

The odds are that it was a military craft, but let's hear a little more reasoning. Military airspace is everywhere...whether determined or not. Delve deeper is my opinion, you can't just throw out quick answers unless you are the type that has to explain every "bump in the night" as the wind because you fear what else it might be.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Quote from Mish:

"What with this story being on the BBC and the discovery of 'Earth 2' being in the UK media (was on the front page of the Daily Mail ) I think disclosure is already starting"

I totally agree with you on that one, I think that alot is being made known to us now - governments disclosing ufo documents, exopolitics, and the 'Threat of Alien Invasion! but I wonder if disclosure is done in order to prepare us for a non existent alien invasion threat?, leading mankind closer to the single world government which will be needed to fight the hidden (quite literally) enemy?

I also think alot of craft seen is military UFO, with a smaller number being ETI UFO's

Ram

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
I'd like to hear from the guy on the Pilot forum who posted that picture originally. He only has one post and he's out of there? What email rounds is he talking about? Hmmmm....It would be nice to pull the string on that one.

try search "christofj ufo"
in google.

Pretty strange. google search

The search ends up with two results.

1 The pilot forum
2 SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence)

Im reaching here please be aware of that.
But it's a possibility. A tiny one that is.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by Ram]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram

The search ends up with two results.

1 The pilot forum
2 SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence)

Let's assume for a second that it's the same guy. Why would a guy involved with SETI fake a UFO pic? Why would they benefit from wasting peoples time? It doesn't make a lot of sense, I'm still leaning towards the possibility that it's someone after a little ego massage. You know? "Look how smart I am, I can put one over on the people"

Maybe they released a fake pic, in the hope that the story and the pic would become intertwined, and people would think that because the picture was fake, then by extension, the story must be fake?

Why would a guy with interest in ETs do something so potentially damaging? It's not like a lot of UFO stories need damaging anyway, not many people believe.

I'm still leaning towards the "ego-massage" theory, but it certainly makes you think.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone has seen the interview on ITV yet (both sound & audio) Here is the link:

ITV Video

Also, I noticed that on the BBC and other pages they are now featuring the hoax(?) photo.
BBC

BTW - I find your debunking theory interesting Implosion. When I was searching for fotos, I noticed two different blogs that were titled, 'Reassuring Updates'. The quotes (originally used are on the BBC site) seem to be taken out of context in an effort to explain that the pilot may have been mistaken, having seen something natural instead of out of the ordinary.

Such light effects are often popularly thought to represent alien visitors but many UFO researchers believe they more likely represent natural, atmospheric, phenomena not yet fully understood by science.
- BBC

Perhaps an effort to debunk the whole thing?

Blog 1

Blog 2

[edit on 28-4-2007 by nikelbee]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee

Also, I noticed that on the BBC and other pages they are now featuring the hoax(?) photo.
BBC

Do you mean this pic?

It's the only one I could see on that page, and is quite obviously not the same. I think it's probably just some generic picture they pull out when stories such as this pop up, but don't quote me on that.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Implosion, that would explain the new photo.

On the Registar there is a link to a possible sighting in Croatia on the same night. Don't know how accurate this is, can't find any other link to the story, but there is a foto apparantly taken with a mobile phone.

Knin Croatia UFO

BTW - The Guerney pilot did say something about it being yellow:

He spotted a bright-yellow light 10 miles west of Alderney while his plane was about 30 miles from the island and at 4,000ft.
‘It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area. It was 2,000ft up and stationary,’ he said.

This is Guernsey

Ram

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I agree it's far out if it has anything to do with SETI - and im sorry I made the search at all.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
...im sorry I made the search at all.

Why? Don't be. It could well be the same person. Just because I'm asking why someone would do such a thing, doesn't mean they didn't. Lets face it, it's not the most generic screen name.

On the Registar there is a link to a possible sighting in Croatia on the same night. Don't know how accurate this is, can't find any other link to the story, but there is a foto apparantly taken with a mobile phone.

There's definitely some high weirdness in the air. In the same week we've had Britain's First Crop Circle of 2007, Ufo over France, multiple vids, 5.4 Earthquake in Kent, these Channel Island UFOs, and your Croatian sighting. None of these events have happened very far away from each other.

I dont know if anyone has seen the interview on ITV yet (both sound & audio) Here is the link:

ITV Video

I can't get audio with that link either. I wonder what my PC is lacking.

Oh yeah, I know this is really reaching, but I did wonder for a few after viewing it.

From the Anon. board:

It will begin tommorow, there has been no abductions for 6 months. They have arrived on masse, they are not hiding anymore. Contactees are being contacted again as from last night. They werent hiding, i saw someone come right through a window with the ufo directly outside at 2.00am.. i was taken later that night, they used the paralysis on me again.
Things are different this time. I dont know what will be, but they are not hiding anymore.
Watch the skies this week..
I dont think they mean harm, i remember speaking to other people last night, but they dont let me remember much.

[edit on 28/4/07 by Implosion]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I've been thinking about the possibility of the sighting being a military project - its really the size reported that stands out as the major difficulty for me here. However, I have had the thought in the past "what would be a next logical stage for aerial warfare/projects be?"- and I thought that maybe airborne aircraft carriers would be one likely candidate. (They would also have the advantage of allowing the air force to have its own aircraft carriers and the concomitant funding necessary) I put 2 plus 2 and came up with 5- linking it to the sighting. Could there be a link here? I ve found some interesting articles, suggestive at the least. Turns out modern airborne aircraft carriers arent such a crazy idea after all:

airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com...
there is a related article :

airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com...

of a similar project which interestingly enough is based in Britian - though there seems to be some doubt as to whether that project will ever "get off the ground".

This idea seems to be in the form of a proposal in the following article written by an air force col..

www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil...

There has in fact been an airborne aircraft carrier in the past that was quite large - so we know this concept has actually been tried at least once or twice by the air force.

www.answers.com...

also found this strange link, dont know what to make of it.
www.theregister.co.uk...
photoshopped?

I am not saying this is what it was; just a possibility to consider.

(also this is a cool image of a flying aircraft carrier; totally fictional though:
www.wramrobinson.demon.nl...)

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidself
also found this strange link, dont know what to make of it.
www.theregister.co.uk...
photoshopped?

I can answer that one.

Pictures like the one above created quite a stir when they first appeared on the Internet, and blogs and forums were soon filled with stories of China secretly constructing thier first nuclear powered aircraft carrier. At first glance, this aircraft carrier looks quite real. The family resemblance to a US Navy Nimitz Class CVN is undeniable; however, upon examining the photos at the bottom of the page the viewer soon realizes that this ship, in fact, is landlocked.

So this is obviously not a real carrier. But what could it be? A non-functional prototype, the first step towards the PLN's first aircraft carrier? A stationary 'practice' carrier to train pilots? A life-sized simulation or 'proof of concept' platform?

Nope. Actually, it is just a really, really cool looking building. Namely, it is the award winning (for creative architecture) "Military Education Center" at the "Orient Green Boat After-School Camp for Youngsters."

Source.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Thanks implosion, it does explain that one! I like it when something actually does get explained. Makes a lot of sense.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

ITV Video

I can't get audio with that link either. I wonder what my PC is lacking.

Yeah I couldn't get audio with it either, I think there's something wrong with it. But I got the link for the WMV so if you put this into your address bar then choose to open it with something else, e.g. VLC media player instead and it works.

cdn.streamcdn.com...

Oh yeah he says it was picked up on Jersey and Isle of Man radar, so it can't have been a reflection or a cloud.

[edit on 29/4/2007 by malganis]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think I have identified the UFO. From the pilot's description while performing his sketch.
'Extremely pointed, very long and thin... slightly thinner than that. This area, about two thrids of the way along the fusilage was pretty dark. This was very brilliant yellow (points to the right of the drawing), very golden yellow (points to the left). Very dark in this area (points 2/3s from the left).
Here it is. What do you think? Hang on, how do I upload an image.
Help please!

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Do I have to find somewhere to host an image external to ATS? Can somebody walk me through this please? I'm new here, sorry.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!!

You can upload an image to this site and then post the image url here.

Image Shack

If you need any help you can drop me a u2u and I will direct you.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join