It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Huge UFOs sighted Channel Islands 25/4/7

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Could the one on the lower left of the picture be a reflection of the bigger one? Magnifying it in a sense? The one on top is really bright and if it has some kind of material like that, it would be possible.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Based on that photo, my initial impression is of the sun shining from behind a bank of cloud, illuminating the cloud and also a patch of water to the lower left of it.

That's what I thought as well but surely this pilot has seen that effect a thousand times over and would know it if he saw it.

Originally posted by JaneHendrix
It's not that surprising because Auriginy, the airline in question, tend to use Trilanders - which are basically a van with wings. There's no room onboard for hand luggage, everything gets stowed in the hold. Even getting in and out of those things is like getting out of the back of a car, pushing the seat in front fowards and squeezing sideways.

lol they're not that bad, it's not exactly as if you can't move at all. I'm sure you could point a camera out of the window if you wanted to, I think the passengers either didn't see the thing or were too occupied watching it or didn't have their phones on them.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hey xSMOKING_GUNx, I live on the North Coast on Cornwall and I've seen that plane a few times but only ever inland. Its fly's insanely low, I find it very odd thats its gone off coast to sea. I've seen quiet a few odd objects recently but I never know if there just planes from RAF St Mawgan or not.

The UFO in the picture looks huge just by comparing it with the cliff's on the ground, it surely has to be connected to the ones spotted in France aswell.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I would hope so, but that's what it looks like to me, in that photo.

Well, I have to admit, that's what I thought at first as well. However, we have two pilots reporting the same, and I would sincerely hope they would know a thing or two about cloud.

Isn't the altitude too low for them to be lenticular clouds? It's not my area of expertise at all, also, don't lenticular clouds usualy manifest around the tops of mountains and such? There are no topological features comparable to mountains around the channel islands, that's for sure.

[edit on 27/4/07 by Implosion]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
hey hey, this is fascinating. I live in Plymouth on the south-west coast of England and I got to be honest, I haven't seen anything strange recently. Although not through lack of trying. As has been said, I'm sure the pilot would know cloud/water reflection phenomena when they see it, also the objects were picked up on radar.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The reason it looks like illuminated clouds is because of the quality of the picture and 'possible' haze around the object. The pilot did say that he got a closer look at was 'tangible'. So its very possible for a tangible object to illuminate clouds and being very bright that it gives the impression of something natural, but it isn't.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by talisman]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Given the apparent size of the UFO it seems strange there haven't been more witnesses come forward from having seen it from the ground.

It appears to be the island of Alderney underneath the UFOs, that would be in keeping with the story. Here is another picture of Alderney:

Alderney: Area: 3 sq. miles Population: 2,400

Not a very large population, however, I agree, it's funny how we have two reports from the air, but none from the ground. You would have thought someone would have at least glanced skywards. Perhaps they are afraid of being called a nutcase?

Ram

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Perhaps not - Because the cellphone picture and the picture you found Implosion - Is a perfect match.

This means the cellphone picture is a fraud.
We can throw that in the trashcan.

good find Imp

[edit on 27-4-2007 by Ram]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Nice one Ram.

I dunno what else to say, that was the first pic I found showing the same features. Great work.

Maybe, one day we'll have a real pic to look at, though I won't be holding my breath.

[edit on 27/4/07 by Implosion]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You have voted Ram for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month

I have been quite busy this last 48 hours and so haven't had a chance to catch up or post.

But I have to say RAM your work is simply outstanding. I hope the quality of your posts on this thread have earned you a few applauses... If I were a mod I would applaud the heck out of your last post!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nice job Ram

Now the cell phone photo is fake, but what about the story?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Nice job Ram

Now the cell phone photo is fake, but what about the story?

I don't know for sure. But I highly doubt Nick Pope would pay attention to this if it wasn't worth paying attention to.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yeah, it's just the photo that's shown to be a hoax. We've still got eyewitness accounts from two pilots.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yeah good work there Ram, nicely shown. But yes, the picture was just from some forums, not endorsed by the pilot so we can't discredit the story yet!

Ram

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The picture has nothing to do with the story - It was possible for Implosion to find it on the net.
So must the creator of the image have done.
Looking for pictures in the area where the report comes from.

But it's definetly somone who needed to create it in a hurry.

It really shows us - How easy it is to create fake photo's - and also that there is always somone out there who want to ruin things for other people.

-
But a pilot - creating lies - I don't think so.
Together with BBC. Ordered by who - And so the story could carry on forever.

Maybe they are checking how many people see TV and how many people looking for news on the net. Or somthing like that.
I cannot come up with anymore ideas - Lets see if anything happends.

anyone have ideas what to do?
How about Nick popes homepage - If he have such page?

thx anyway - We where lucky to find the picture - So we won alot of discussion time.
kinda.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by Ram]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I live in England on the east coast and last month heard very loud planes scream over our village constantly for hours late one night. The village is a no fly zone, so i phoned the local airport. I spoke to the air trafic controller who told me that they were 'not our planes". She said they were "F15's".

I made a complaint to the MoD who confirmed in writing that they were US F-15's in the UK.

"There are specially designated training areas for this activity over the North Sea and the 48th Fighter Wing at RAF Lakenheath usually prefers to conduct training of this nature in these areas. Unfortunately, these areas are not always available and sometimes it is necessary to train over land instead. Nevertheless, every effort is made to minimise the disturbance to those on the ground. For example, the USAF makes full use of the designated training areas in the North Sea when available, and restricts aircraft manoeuvres of this nature over land to a minimum altitude of 5,000 feet."

So if anyone sees or hears anything in the sky, then phone your local airport and ask to speak to traffic control.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Since this photo has been proved to be a hoax a few things have run across my mind. The main is disinfo, this photo coming out so soon and clearly showing a "not sure of the correct term octulus maybe" cloud has me thinking that there is a big cover up going on. I do not believe this was a hoaxer who published this photo but a disinfo agent, I think if it was a ufo hoaxer it would look more like the typical ufo instead of a clearly identifiable cloud, even though the altitude is not correct. The poster of this pic clearly wanted to give a scientifical explanation to the sighting and totally smeer the pilots credibilty as to what he had seen. I hope we get some more info on this sighting because it raises alarms for me as I believe airline pilots know clouds when they see them, especially when observed by not one but 2 very experienced pilots.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
MY RESPONSE FROM NICK POPE (former head of the UK's UFO investigations):

I am indeed aware of this incident, which sounds extremely interesting. I've been interviewed about it on BBC Radio Guernsey and BBC Radio Five Live, and have commented on it for the BBC's website:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Just wondering but to all of you experienced UFO researchers here who are members of ATS, do any really believe it when the FAA or MOD says that they are NOT going to investigate a sighting even though that UFO was witnessed by civil or military pilots?

And if you don't believe that the FAA or MOD are really letting on to the public that they do in fact investigate such sightings, why do they tell the public otherwise?

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Just wondering but to all of you experienced UFO researchers here who are members of ATS, do any really believe it when the FAA or MOD says that they are NOT going to investigate a sighting even though that UFO was witnessed by civil or military pilots?

And if you don't believe that the FAA or MOD are really letting on to the public that they do in fact investigate such sightings, why do they tell the public otherwise?

Hell no I don't buy it for one second. And just consider after 9/11. I would think (and pray) that all UFOs are investigated by the FAA and or MOD. I mean they just have to I would think. They still put on this front though like they could care less. But behind closed doors I'm sure they do. They think they're fooling us.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join