It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Huge UFOs sighted Channel Islands 25/4/7

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

Below are some points on courtesy between posters.
I thought I would bring this to your attention based on the previous posts I have had to 'trawl' through.
I hope that this resolves your positions, and Mondogiwa, deny ignorance remember??? that implies reading first then commenting?!!!

I would still like to hear about developments in the UK Channel Islands, and I would like to know what you experienced whilst working at the other location, as I haven´t heard much about it... Is there a website?

Last updated on July 6th, 2006 at 15:45 EDT
By becoming a member of these domains, you agree to the following:

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

We've seen a recent rash of new one-line responses to posts that add nothing to the flow of discussion.

General Hints and Tips:

Be nice.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Isn't it surprising that none of the passengers or pilots had a mobile camera phone with which they could have taken a few shots of these alleged UFOs?

Just because there arent any eye witness photos in this thread doesnt mean they dont exist. There very well could be pictures out there, and people just havent distributed them.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Oh give it a rest, I've been here a damn sight longer than you, and am well aware of the rules thank you very much. It's damn infuriating when someone shows the extent of their ignorance, by not reading the previous post to theirs before wading in with a comment that is totally, completely, and utterly erroneous. It shows a complete lack of respect for the people who take their time to post here.

More than once I've had to explain where these Channel Islands are situated. I don't think it's too much to ask, before you add to a thread which at the time, wasn't even two whole pages long, you read the thing first, do you?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Alright everybody - I decree that the nagging stops. We have already dealt with the issue, so anything further is not needed and off-topic.

Just drop it and let it go.

Ok, so I have to go back and read now, cuz I forgot what the poster said, but somebody on the last page mentioned something about near-miss collisions between commercial aircraft around the same time and area of the UFO sighting? Can you give any more info or supporting evidence on that? Really interesting.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Isn't it surprising that none of the passengers or pilots had a mobile camera phone with which they could have taken a few shots of these alleged UFOs?

Once again I would guess those pictures wouldn't be that helpful. If that thing was tens of miles away those pictures would be pretty lame anyway.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
A valid point nickless. But if there are pics out there, I'd like to see 'em - however grainy and pixelated they are.

Ram

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
BBC Is also asking for pictures.
How nice of them - They just got 500 Above-top-secret points by me.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by Ram]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Doing some research, I found a pilot forum where they discuss the Guerney UFO. Between the bantar, someone mentions the 'Ortac Triangle' and likens it to the Bermuda Triangle. I couldn't find anything on google. Anyone heard of this?

One of the posters also linked to this foto which he says has been doing the rounds on the net. Don't know if it is linked to the Guernsey sightings, but take a look.

This image has been doing the rounds on e-mail. Apparently from a passenger breaking mobile phone rules... Looks like it could well be strange light on a cloud formation to me, not quite what the local media are making it out to be. QuickImageHosting.com...

Professional Pilots Rumour Network

[edit on 27-4-2007 by nikelbee]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'd found that picture myself. Wasn't going to post it though, because someone would doubtless cry "hoax!". I have to admit, they're disappointing. They look like clouds to me, though that one on the left is kinda reminiscent of the Chicago O'Hare sighting. They're certainly not bright yellow are they?

Of course, all we have is some unknown persons word on another forum that this image is related to the Channel Island sighting. It's not a lot to go on.

Ram

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It is apparently a photo from a cell-phone - taken from one of the passenger seats - through the cabin glass (not an outdoor picture)

Sun comes from behind the person taking the shot - Behind and a bit to the right. and offcourse above.

Original pic.

Added Auto-Level photoshop - Makes colors more clear.

last pic - Replaced the color around the white thing to the right.

The reason it is such a large pile of white - could be the reflection of the sun. Thus the reflection almost disappears in the picture when changing the color around the object to black. So it's not really part of the thing. Also the image is in motion - stretching the whole image.

How far away are they?
How come the one on the left - looks like it's closer to the water than one on right?
What do you think?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Good skills Ram.

Originally posted by Ram
What do you think?

I think that one to the lower left is reminiscent of this:

However, I could be reaching.

Also, I was slightly wrong in my previous post, the pilot didn't say that it was bright yellow, rather "bright like the sun". That could be consistent with the sun being reflected of perhaps, a shiny metal surface?

Also, there is another thread, to be found here, apparently depicting a UFO over France. Jersey is but 21 miles off the French coast, and the rest of the Channel Islands are not much further. Maybe there is a connection?

Interview with the pilot can apparently be found here:

cdn.streamcdn.com...

However, I can get video, but not audio.

Can anyone else have better luck with it?

[edit on 27/4/07 by Implosion]

Ram

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
A shiny metal?

Maybe the metal could be so pure it kinda absorb the light.

-
Well whatever it means - We are still back with the person who got of the plane and had this picture on her/his cellphone.

that person didn't have the picture on the cell-phone before entering the plane.

That is the idea.
It's one of the witnesses.

is it?

Orly?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by deaman88
I know some1 from across the pond in London who said they saw a bright star like object moving slowly across the horizon...is there an increase in fuo activity in uk?

I saw something similar to this a couple of weeks back, although this wasn't that bright compared to the other stars, more of a dull grey colour. It may have been a satellite, although I've never seen one of those before.

What with this story being on the BBC and the discovery of 'Earth 2' being in the UK media (was on the front page of the Daily Mail
) I think disclosure is already starting

[edit on 27-4-2007 by mish]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Based on that photo, my initial impression is of the sun shining from behind a bank of cloud, illuminating the cloud and also a patch of water to the lower left of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

Pilots and aircraft passengers have confirmed sightings of two large Unidentified Flying Objects off the coast of Guernsey.

The mysterious shapes were spotted earlier in the week and are described as long objects that measured up to a mile wide.

And from BBC website:

The bright yellow flat disc shapes, estimated to be twice the size of a Boeing 737

A mile wide seems a bit excessive tbh, surely the MoD would be going mad trying to find out wtf they were!

Well how many of the passengers do you think were UFOlogists? I mean if I was on that plane I probably would have been to shocked to think about getting my phone out, and i'd say that i'm quite interested in this stuff.

I am from Jersey btw, so this is quite exciting! 58 flags already!!

[edit on 27/4/2007 by malganis]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This story has now been picked up by The Register[among plenty of others]:

He recounted: "It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area. It was 2,000ft up and stationary. I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realised it was approximately 40 miles from us. At first, I thought it was the size of a [Boeing] 737.

"But it must have been much bigger because of how far away it was. It could have been as much as a mile wide."

Continuing his approach to Guernsey, Bowyer spied a "second identical object further to the west". He said: "It was exactly the same but looked smaller because it was further away. It was closer to Guernsey. I can't explain it. At first, I thought it might have been a reflection from a vinery in Guernsey, but that would have disappeared quickly. This was clearly visual for about nine minutes.

"As I got closer to it, it became clear to me that it was tangible. I was in two minds about going towards it to have a closer look but decided against it because of the size of it. I had to think of the safety of the passengers first. I'm certainly not saying that it was something of another world. All I'm saying is that I have never seen anything like it before in all my years of flying."

Source.

So now it's two different independent witnesses, who's story corroborate.

Originally posted by Essan
Based on that photo, my initial impression is of the sun shining from behind a bank of cloud, illuminating the cloud and also a patch of water to the lower left of it.

Don't you think that pilots might know clouds when they see them?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
It is apparently a photo from a cell-phone - taken from one of the passenger seats - through the cabin glass (not an outdoor picture)

Sun comes from behind the person taking the shot - Behind and a bit to the right. and offcourse above.

Original pic.

When I first saw this I thought either a cloud or a reflection. But this guy has been flying for 20 years, he's obviously seen a lot of clouds and reflections lol so there's a good chance that this is something more interesting. Plus the fact that other people and pilots apparently saw it as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

A commercial airline pilot has reported seeing two unidentified flying objects in the sky near Guernsey Island, England, on Monday, BBC informed...

The same phenomenon was witnessed on the same day in southern France. Videos by people who saw it were published immediately on-line in several free-to-watch sites.

Source.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

So this whole thing looks a little suspicious to me. But if it's true, then it could mean two things:

1. A UFO manned by aliens! Or
2. A man made UFO belonging to one of those notorious 'black projects'.

Darn! Whatever happened to alien cloaking technology? Or is it that they're showing themselves on purpose as part of their graduated 'disclosure'?

Cheers!

It's not that surprising because Auriginy, the airline in question, tend to use Trilanders - which are basically a van with wings. There's no room onboard for hand luggage, everything gets stowed in the hold. Even getting in and out of those things is like getting out of the back of a car, pushing the seat in front fowards and squeezing sideways.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Originally posted by Essan

Don't you think that pilots might know clouds when they see them?

I would hope so, but that's what it looks like to me, in that photo.

Given the apparent size of the UFO it seems strange there haven't been more witnesses come forward from having seen it from the ground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join