It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm really upset today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My softball coach wouldn't let me quit the team for select games where we would be playing a hard hitting team.

She wants to start me because I am probably the only good third basemen she has but we played yesterday and we lost by about 50 runs and I asked her three questions. I asked her (1) If I could quit, of which she replied "no you can't!" I asked her (2) if I could sit out the next time we played that team since some of the players criticized me without acknowledgment of their faults without even knowing that I used to have a hearing problem before I got ear surgery in 8th grade and they said that I needed to "listen to coaches better" without knowing the situation, she replied "no you can't do that." Then, I said the next time I said that she said "No you can't do that, they're a very good team, and they have really good hitters and all of their hitters can hit the ball."

I basically, was disallowed to quit the team. I told her that I was pissed off at the core of the team because the first basemen, the second basemen, the shortstop, and the two pitchers our team has and one of our catchers played for our varsity basketball team this year and I was playing with them and they blamed me for a lot of things and I wouldn't really want that to happen again.

She wouldn't let me quit, regardless. It's going to be a long season if we lose games by 50 runs. It wasn't my fault i only got hit to four times, and a majority of the balls in slow pitch softball go to the outfielders.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Are you under some sort of legal contract to play out the season. If so, is there a buy-out clause if you leave, or some sort of penalty if you don't fulfill your obligation ???

If not, walk away if you don't want to be there.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I don't understand. Why can't you quit?

Do they have a gun to your head? Are they holding your family hostage? If you don't want to play softball then don't. What can they do to you? What sort of power do they hold over you that they wont let you quit a softball team? It's not like you are a member of the mafia.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
I don't understand. Why can't you quit?

Do they have a gun to your head? Are they holding your family hostage? If you don't want to play softball then don't. What can they do to you? What sort of power do they hold over you that they wont let you quit a softball team? It's not like you are a member of the mafia.

I asked the coach if I could quit, but the coach for the school said that I couldn't. Other people on the team have a really bad tone when they talk to me so I don't listen to them. Plus, the coach yells at me for not listening. I didn't realize that the same people who were on the basketball team would be trying out for the softball team too. I suppose I'll have to be quiet on the way there and not talk to the people who I don't know on the team. Sometimes I think I have friends there but I am wrong. Then, they don't want to hear about stuff from me, and they don't want to know what I am doing.

Oh yeah, and they won't let me quit because I am their only option for third base and when they don't have a first basemen they'd have to forfeit their games.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well basically I think you should tell your boyfriend that he is a jerk, dump him and burn all his clothes.

that should fix things.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Well basically I think you should tell your boyfriend that he is a jerk, dump him and burn all his clothes.

that should fix things.

I am a guy. Our school doesn't have a baseball team so guys have to try out for the softball team. I still play baseball outside of school.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oh crap, wrong thread :shk:

Mod, please remove post

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah, so there is a contract, and it's for a school. Plus... I am not a girl >_>. Lol. It's alright, anyways, so like I hate it because I want to quit but it's against my good conscience to do so.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Oh crap, wrong thread :shk:

Mod, please remove post

It's okay, lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well since I'm here, i might as well respond.

Why can't you quit? I mean if you really want to, you should.

They can't force you to do anything just because they'll have to forfeit a game.

So I say quit the damn team.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Why do you really want to quit?

Is it because you lost the game? or because of how the kids act with you?

Neither of those two reasons is good enough to quit. Life isn't always easy. If you can play on teams Whether you lose or win, you can become a better adult.

You know you can stick it out even when times is rough and don’t always go your way.

You don’t want to be at a job one day and your on a project with 5 other people and something you don’t like happens and you quit.

Stick it out now and you’ll have these memories with you always. You’ll be able to say, “When time’s get tough I get tough with them. They can’t make me quit, I’ll show them how good of a team player I can be.”

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Why do you really want to quit?

Is it because you lost the game? or because of how the kids act with you?

Neither of those two reasons is good enough to quit. Life isn't always easy. If you can play on teams Whether you lose or win, you can become a better adult.

You know you can stick it out even when times is rough and don’t always go your way.

You don’t want to be at a job one day and your on a project with 5 other people and something you don’t like happens and you quit.

Stick it out now and you’ll have these memories with you always. You’ll be able to say, “When time’s get tough I get tough with them. They can’t make me quit, I’ll show them how good of a team player I can be.”

I decided that I'll still play for the team. What I dedcided was that I would not let them get to me and that I would listen to music on the ride to the games so that I would not have to deal with them because the team is full of jerks who hate me for doing poorly in the basketball season.

They hate me for that, and they hate me for having made a big deal out of it and now they don't listen to me. I figure they are going to treat me like T.O.

In the basketall season I got very limited playing time, like a minute, and I couldn't score a basket because I didn't have the ball in my hands and they criticized me for that and I didn't like it. I just wiill not talk to them about that. And, I will listen to the coaches, but I will try to interact with them as little as posible.

I am mad at them for other reasons, and they injured my feelings in the first half of the year with the basketball season. The people who play infield are the same as the core of the basketball team, and I do not like that, because i play infield and I do not get along with them all that well.

And, they won't be my friends outside of the team, like in school.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Oh well, forget about basketball. Show them all up in softball. Be the best player out there. Pay attention and catch that ball. Throw hard and fast at whatever base is needed. Hit the ball hard. You’ll do fine. I’m cheering for you. Good Luck.

top topics

join