It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Al Qaeda: We will destroy New York within 35 days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The threat was contained in a video clip featured on a web site associated with the fundamentalist terror group. It announced al Qaeda plans to destroy New York in a nuclear blast on February 2. Il Giornale claims the FBI blocked and removed the web site.

The video clip showed three possible scenarios:

1. A bomb or giant fireball from the skies that will cover the metropolis with a radioactive cloud.

2. A storm of radioactive clouds that will topple skyscrapers one by one, along with the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge.

3. An explosion on board a charter aircraft that will cause a radioactive cloud to spread over the city.

stevequayle.com...

(moved to ATSNN.com)

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
AQ don't need to attack at all, the only need to continue this hysterical nonsence and it will do the same thing, frighten people into submission.

Webpages do not make reality .... see Rense.com for examples on this......

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sounds like more fear mongering disinformation.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
al quida has the suitcase nukes for a fact. Wether they have the skill to detonate we shall see. That is wot is holding them back from a major nuclear attack. They dont know how to open the briefcase lol

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sounds like Osama/Al Qaeda is making sure that Dean is wrong when he muttered that Osama deserves a "fair trial"....

Seems the 'ghost' of Osama speaks, but then again, seems that Al Qaeda is doing alot of 'his' speaking here of late.........

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kila
al quida has the suitcase nukes for a fact. Wether they have the skill to detonate we shall see. That is wot is holding them back from a major nuclear attack. They dont know how to open the briefcase lol

Fact how can your prove this? Not that I would be surprised since I think Al Queda is a CIA controlled group anyway. But I use the word think not fact.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
lol at the independence style video haha. Some kid at pc fearmongering and good at editing lol

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Actually, I thought the editing kinda sucked... And isnt that breaking copyright laws? Is the film industry going to sue al qiada for copyright infringement? the RIAA could give them tips...

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I am kinda vauge on this one are they gonna hit us with a meteor or a bigazz ufo?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yea scenes from independence day and deep impact

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
lolz amuk and dirtydevil hahaaha deep imapct alright

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
that clip it that a countdown? let's see them succeed
hell it'll be a shock it did happen don't u all agree

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Really, even if they are bluffing, it still makes people fear them. That is the point of being a TERRORist..within 35 days..that would make by 2/5/04..hehe brings back the thought of 02/02/04

-wD

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
lmao

only in there wet dreams.... or is this a joke?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This does not seem ligit. Anyone can make something like this.

Deep

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

Originally posted by kila

Fact how can your prove this? Not that I would be surprised since I think Al Queda is a CIA controlled group anyway. But I use the word think not fact.

Maybe this is of importance DD?
Found these:

"Expert: Missing Soviet Nukes Now With Al-Qaeda?"
Link:
www.newsmax.com...

"Does al-Qaida have 20 suitcase nukes?"
Links:
www.worldnetdaily.com...
and
www.warriorsfortruth.com...

More can be found on this by going to a search engine and typing in: Al Qaeda has suitcase nukes

Whether this is fact or fiction, I would think that it is a "possiblity" that can not be negated or made irrelevant because one is not 100% sure if Al Qaeda does, infact, have or have not 'a' suitcase nuke or two or three, etc. One must put yourself in the position of intel services, advisors, etc......
Though a nation can not fully ascertain if Al Qaeda does have a suitcase nuke, does that nation completely not worry about this? Because it is not a "confirmed" fact does not make it inadmissable or to be dismissed.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Okay... so, if it happens, since I live and work in Manhattan... I'll post a play-by-play summary of what goes down.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Okay... so, if it happens, since I live and work in Manhattan... I'll post a play-by-play summary of what goes down.

If you survive

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling If you survive
uh... if it happens.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thanks Seekerof those are about as creditable as my whatreallyhappened.com 9/11 articles all speculation. But they could be true. You never know until there is a mushroom cloud.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join