It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RONALD REAGAN: A LEGACY REMEMBERED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 07:54 PM
link   
www.historychannel.com...

coming on in about 10 minutes. If you miss it Bout Time I can send you a copy of it

[Edited on 26-11-2002 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Unfortunately,I will not see it. But Ronald is still in my heart !

He was a great President.

The good link

[Edited on 29-11-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thanks Bob.
He was such an immoral character I'll be interested to read the show transcripts to see how it was polished over.

"Bout Time, are you a damn Liberal, how can you say that?!?!?!"
Well, let's see:
- He nearly got my brother killed
- He let the country go to hell because he was an old man with Alheimers who should not have been there to begin with and delegated EVERYTHING to dishonest men who ran things into the ground.
- He was a rapist: In Kitty Kelley's 1991 book Nancy Reagan: The Unauthorized Biography, actress Selene Walters accused Ronald Reagan of raping her. People magazine did a follow up interview with Walters. But thanks to the opposition party being wimps and not fighting fire with fire, you don't hear of it. Plus, the Corporate Media wouldn't allow it anyway.
It's a sad truth, but we have to remember, Ronald Reagan is the moral example of conservative Americans. Divorced, knocked up his bride to be and slapped around his daughter. A true pillar of society, yup!

Plus, I voted for him.......it's so sad to look back at your first presidential vote and see how ignorant one was.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My 1st presidential vote was Clinton!! What was I thinking?!?!?! I was just a young na�ve high school student.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
My 1st presidential vote was Clinton!! What was I thinking?!?!?! I was just a young na�ve high school student.

Hey don't cry BoB88. Me too I was thinking that he was a good president.Of course, for the EU leftists medias, BC was the best US president.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This bizarre, Orwellian, rewriting of relatively recent history and rehabilitation of old reputations continues unstemmed, much to my surprise (not).
I saw Nixon's continuing rehabilitation under way a while ago -via his daughter - and Carter has been semi-canonised in some quarters: expect "Warren Gamaliel Harding -a Great American ere long" or "FDR- man of Truth and Peace".
Ford and LBJ seem somehow to resist the process.
As for Old Ron, his mad family, his habiot of confusing his wartime moview with his self-invented military carrer and so forth -the mind boggles.
On the other hand, I'm always one to say remove the character of the man from the achievements of the Presidency and, that done, he was probably still irredeemably appalling but certainly very, very influential: his "duet" with Mrs T. had a great effect as did his bankrupting the Soviets in the Arms Race and Reagonomics still casts its shadow ( or "light" as one will) over the US economy.
For better or worse, America as the one SuperPower is the result of Reagan's presidency rather than of any other.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Is he dead?If you wait until he's dead even I'll be effluent(sic)about him.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 07:24 PM
link   
don't wait 'till he dies JB!

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Spot on Estragon! ( hey so THAT's why you chose that name!
)

He performed one of the most important duties of the office very well: he spoke so that others were inspired to follow....Effective Management 101. It's just a shame that was all there was to him.
I was very pissed to arrive one day in Washington to find that they named the damn airport after him!

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You know, Estragon, if I knew for a fact what you just said, I'd know whether to say a-men or fly over and punch you in your honker!

If it were some kind of un-Amercian anti-Reagan drivel, please don't repeat it for my benefit. I'll only assume B-T spiked your tea with some kind of stupid juice!

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My dear Thos, the essence of what I said was that America's current position as the one Super-Power in the world owes more to Reagan's presidencies than to anything else: specifically his military and economic policies.
One's judgement of the presidencies (rather than the man) will therefore be almost entirely contingent upon the extent to which one thinks America's hegemony a good, or bad, thing -for, I guess, Americans.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 09:24 PM
link   
.... and pausing only to hope that in the land of chittlins ad grits a "honker" is a nose and not some other protuberance.....
I would affirm that the "shape" of Reagan's presidencies was profoundly influential: the unifying effect -one recalls the 1984 landslide" -and the fixing of the image of the president's family as a quasi-royal family (Ron, Nancy and children) -true there was a very little of this with Kennedy; but it is to Reagan we owe the coverage of wives and children as if that were an intrinsic part of politics.
So - most influential in US terms, I think so.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Oh. Well, alright then.

We certainly are seperated by a common language.

And yes, to put your mind at ease, a honker is the nose!

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 08:55 PM
link   
he must be good if expecially cuz they're gonna name a carrier after him a nimitz class one i believe its gonna cvn-76 i think or cvn-77

new topics

top topics

join