It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian radio now to portray U.S. as

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

50% Good News Is the Bad News in Russian Radio
By ANDREW E. KRAMER
MOSCOW, April 21 — At their first meeting with journalists since taking over Russia’s largest independent radio news network, the managers had startling news of their own: from now on, they said, at least 50 percent of the reports about Russia must be “positive.”

In addition, opposition leaders could not be mentioned on the air and the United States was to be portrayed as an enemy, journalists employed by the network, Russian News Service, say they were told by the new managers, who are allies of the Kremlin.

How would they know what constituted positive news?

Mod Edit: to apply external quote code, please review this link
Mod Edit: Posting work written by others, please review this link
Also, fixed the bad link

[edit on 26-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It would appear that Russia is slowly heading back towards a state like the U.S.S.R. and with recent discussion about another cold war, or the same one in remission at the moment, can't help by declaring the U.S. as enemies. I can only hope they vote in someone who will help the Russian people rather then trying to cover it up, which it would appear they are trying to do it by controling the media. However, the Russians are scaring anyone who dissagrees politcaly, but one can always hope and dream.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
All I get from the link is:

Page Not Found

The page you've requested does not exist at this address

Is it me?

join