It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we change the weather? Main stream news from China says"YES, we can"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
China to force rain ahead of Olympics

BEIJING - Chance of showers during the 2008 Beijing Olympics: 50 percent. But Chinese meteorologists have a plan to bring sunshine. The meteorologists say they can force rain in the days before the Olympics, through a process known as cloud-seeding, to clean the air and ensure clear skies. China has been tinkering with artificial rainmaking for decades, but whether it works is a matter of debate among scientists.

Weather patterns for the past 30 years indicate there is a 50 percent chance of rain for both the opening ceremony on Aug. 8, 2008 and the closing ceremony two weeks later, said Wang Yubin, an engineer with the Beijing Meteorological Bureau.

The forced rain could also help clean Beijing's polluted air, said Wang Jianjie, another meteorologist with the bureau.

"When conditions permit, we will artificially increase rainfall," she said. "Rainfall is a way to naturally clean the air."

In 2003, the U.S. National Academy of Sciences questioned the science behind cloud-seeding as "too weak." But China frequently uses artificial rainmaking in the drought-plagued north.

Last May, Beijing boasted having generated rainfall to clear the air and streets following the worst dust storm in a decade.

Technicians with the Beijing Weather Modification Office said they fired seven rocket shells containing 163 cigarette-size sticks of silver iodide over the city's skies. They claimed it provoked a chemical reaction in clouds that forced four-tenths of an inch of rain.

Beijing's air pollution is among Asia's worst. Officials have shuttered several chemical and steel plants on the city's edge, and many polluters will shut down — or cut back — during the Olympics. But the city also has 2.9 million registered vehicles, and the number is expected to reach 3.3 million by the Olympics, a 13 percent increase.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AmfzueoF1gm.oKn7tU6GekDMWM0F

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Cloud seeding has been done for decades. But you have to have something to work with for it to work. You can't just shoot silver iodide into the air and expect it to make clouds and rain, from what I know about it. If you have clouds in the area, then you can use it to make rain.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know if they are using silver iodide to seed the clouds?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Just what make this topic in this Conspiracy forum?

Are you trying to say or trying to give a bad image about China gov't having conspiracy and technology to control global weather? What weather? earth quake, tsunami? volcano? hurricane bla bla bla

Indian Ocean tsunami that killed hundred of thousands might be called a conspiracy from Western World, but nobody talk about it. But why rain-making in China is called conspiracy?

It doesn't work dude, it doesn't work.

Oh my my.....................

Rain making is common and has been around for decades.

Shouldn't this topic goes to Today's Technology?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'd like to know how many times China tried to make it snow, before it actually snowed

As alreadysaid, cloud seeding is old hat. And there's still little verifiable evidence that it makes much difference (how do you prove that it would not have rained without any seeding?)

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I'd like to know how many times China tried to make it snow, before it actually snowed

As already said, cloud seeding is old hat. And there's still little verifiable evidence that it makes much difference (how do you prove that it would not have rained without any seeding?)

That is more likely.

But I don't see any reason to put this thread in Conspiracy Forum.
Seems to me it was put here on purpose of misinformation and giving a bad image to China as conspiracy government.
I believe American and Western country are more likely into heavy conspiracy in everything.

Actually, rain making is widely used in South East Asia for extinguishing fire at rain forest.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Before you give yourself a hernia with all that laughing, you might care to read a few of these threads about the so-called pyramids on Hall of Maat:

www.hallofmaat.com...,406068,406068#msg-406068

The reference I made to hoaxed inscriptions comes from a comment made by Schoch in his initial report which can be read here:

www.robertschoch.net...

I consider the source to be at least as reliable as Osmanagic
You, of course, may choose to disagree, as is your right.

Also found these recent report on the 'missing artifacts' - the handful which Osmanagic claims to have actually found.

apwr-central.blog.com...

You may laugh all you like but I prefer evidence, not belief. And that's all Osmanagic has ......

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You may laugh all you like but I prefer evidence, not belief. And that's all Osmanagic has ......

the latter constitues what actually makes the former - beliefs determine what constitutes evidence and which to believe

check out how cloud seeding has been used to break up the eye wall of most MAJOR hurricane's landfall the u.s. with the exception of andrew which was steered away from palm beach -miami

rita, and katrina all had eye walls that fell apart before impact

so did ivan.

top topics

join