It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosie O'Donnell will announce Wednesday (April 25) that she is leaving

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

There is a strong buzz in Hollywood that Rosie O'Donnell will announce Wednesday (April 25) that she is leaving "The View" -- and she'll make the announcement on the show. If it happens, it's likely Rosie will stick it out through the end of the season.

www.tmz.com...

Well, well, well what now? Wonder why she is leaving. Has she even been on the show more than a year?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I thought she was finding new celebrity with her outbursts? She even made a statement saying she would stop calling for impeachment and complaining about the government so she could focus more time on real issues like the Illuminati?

Im sure if she leaves the view it wont be the end of Rosie. Some network either radio or television will give her another show where she can rant and rave all she wants. There's definitely a market for it.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wonder if this will bring down the views ratings or not?

Also at this point it's just gossip. I mean she hasn't exactly came out and said it. So will she?

Why is she?

What is making her leave?

I think if she would calm down her personality somewhat she would be more liked.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If she leaves, my guess is that it's because she wants to freely express her political beliefs and doesn't want to bring the inevitable criticism on The View. It was a pretty light-hearted show until she started being so open about her 9/11 beliefs. And of course, the right came down on the show and even Barbara Walters in retaliation.

She probably just wants to take the heat herself without affecting the show.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
I think if she would calm down her personality somewhat she would be more liked.

My take on Rosie is that "being liked" isn't a big priority with her. "Well-behaved women seldom make history."

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hey BH nice to see you on the boards again. Hope your feeling better.

Yeah, she might have another offer. Your right about the view being a lighter show. She did stir stuff up that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I had heard that Barbara Walters didn't renew her contract. Rosie's big mouth was taking over the show. Nobody else could get a word in edgewise. Not to mention that the show is supposed to be a more light-hearted show geared towards women. Not too many people want to wake up, sit down for a relaxing cup of coffee and hear about the Illuminati right off the bat in the morning.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
LOL, that's what I was telling my husband. Those words. I told him the view was suppose to be a light show and she's made it Controversial.

She took it completely over. I was wondering how long they would put up with it.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The View was popular before Rosie, but her presence in my opinion has brought a lot of attention to a show. While she may be controversial, she does bring ratings. Even if you despise her, people will watch just to see what she has to say next. Like Howard Stern in the 80's, his biggest listeners were his critics.

I was once a fan of Rosie, but using The View as a soapbox to spew this jargon has become too much for me. I call it jargon even though I agree with some of it, but it is her approach that I do not have the time for. These personal vendettas against Trump, Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell, all of American Idol really, and anyone else who crossed her path, became too much for me.

If she goes, I don't care. If she stays, I don't care. Either way, I've stopped paying attention to her a long time ago. Sad because I actually was a fan.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
"Well-behaved women seldom make history."

BH, trademark that. That quote is brilliant. But Rosie seems to of burnt bridges just for the sake of burning bridges, and that I disagree with. If an individual needs to make a stance, and in the process bridges are burned, the ends certainly justify the means. But in this case, it is the burning of the bridges that are being used to garner headlines, nothing more. The ends can not justify the means, because there is no finish line. She's simply pissing people off, just to say she pissed them off and get headlines at the same time.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Cnn just said she has announced that she will be leaving the view.

So now it's official.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

NEW YORK — Rosie O'Donnell's stormy tenure on "The View" will be a short one.Text

ABC said Wednesday it was unable to agree on a contract with the opinionated host, and she'll leave the show in June. Earlier Wednesday, rumors swirled that O'Donnell's bawdy humor while emceeing the Matrix Awards on Monday would result in her leaving "The View." O'Donnell's antics occurred Monday in front of 2,000 people at an event feting New York's most accomplished women in media at the Waldorf-Astoria Grand Ballroom. The chat-show host dropped the F-bomb as Barbara Walters lowered her head and covered her face with her hand. She also concluded a rant about Donald Trump by grabbing her crotch and shouting a profane epithet. O'Donnell said she was sad when Trump called her "disgusting" and "fat" because it was always her dream to turn on "an old, bald billionaire."

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 25-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

here's a current picture.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
Rosie's big mouth was taking over the show. Nobody else could get a word in edgewise.

ABSOLUTELY. She took it over. No one could say anything. And if anyone expressed a view different from hers ... she was obnoxious to them .... giving them strange looks and making comments.

One day last week (or so) the Politically Incorrect fella was on .. ranting about how ignorant christians are and how bad republicans are ... Barbara Walters was sitting between Rosie and the Politically Incorrect fella and had to endure high-fives between the two of them ... right over her head and in front of her. It was VERY obnoxious.

Rosie turned it into The Radical Left Wing Ranting Rosie Show.

It's no surprise she's going. She insulted more than half the country - anti-christian remarks, anti-anyone-but-radical-lefty remarks ...

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
"Well-behaved women seldom make history."

Someone very famous said that .. and now I can't remember who it was ...

[edit on 4/25/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I googled the quote - it was made by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich in the 70's. They've got mugs and t-shirts all over the place with that on it.

I am very glad Rosie is leaving. I also used to be a fan of hers when she had her own show. She was funny and seemed genuinely caring. I don't know what happened to her. It was like a light-switch turned on and she turned into an obnoxious, loud-mouth

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Someone very famous said that .. and now I can't remember who it was ...

The first place I saw it was a bumper sticker on my sister-in-law's car years ago. It stuck with me and I always remind myself of that when I get accused of not going along with the mainstream.

I googled it, but didn't find the original person, just bumper stickers and such.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

FlyersFan

ABSOLUTELY. She took it over. No one could say anything. And if anyone expressed a view different from hers ... she was obnoxious to them .... giving them strange looks and making comments.

Yeah, its sad when people acts like this. They ruin everything. You cannot enjoy a converstation with them.

I know a person personally who acts this way and it makes me not want to go around her at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Oh balls.

I thought she was leaving planet earth.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
I also used to be a fan of hers when she had her own show. She was funny and seemed genuinely caring.

I used to watch her show too. I liked it. I REALLY liked how she interviewed people because she brought things out about them that most folks didn't know.

.... like Antonio Bandaras can SING. He sang on her show (or there was a clip of him singing) And man .. when he sang .. I melted into the chair!! *blush*

I know EXACTLY when Rosie fell. It was when she had Julia Roberts on. Julia Roberts said - 'Republicans ... found in the dictionary between repugnant and (something else that I can't remember)".

Julia Roberts was the start. Then she started spouting Barbara Striesandisms about the Supreme Court.

The show was great .. until then.

[edit on 4/25/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Cnn said that she wants to host “The Price Is Right” now I’m not trying to be rude here. But, that’s just not her, is it?

It seems like she wants to give her opinion to much to just be a game show host.

I don’t know though. Maybe it will calm her down. Give her something she needs.

I cant seem to find that statement. If I do, I will post it.

Is Rosie Panning for 'The Price is Right'?

.......“See, I want ‘The Price is Right,’ but no one has offered me ‘The Price is Right,’” Rosie admitted.........

extratv.warnerbros.com...

[edit on 26-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Oh man, she'd have to tone herself way down to do the Price is Right. I can't even imagine her doing that. Is it a big surprise that nobody has offered it to her? I think the guy that does America's Funniest Home Videos would be great for the Price is Right. I think he's a great host! With Bob Barker being such an icon for that show you'd really need someone a little more "seasoned" and professional to fill his shoes.

Rosie would totally kill the show and they'd have to cancel it. It's been on the air for, what, 30 years? Then she'd come on and it would be off the air in 6 months! LOL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join