It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mysterious new rock discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
i am not sure where this belongs so i thought i would stick it here.

when i was about 14 i found aome sort of material it was the colour green it was shiny and rough, to be honest i dunno what it is no one does, i have taken to my local museum they don't know what it is, i have taken it to the british musuem they don't know what it is, i have looked o the web for something simular and i found nothing. i did have quickly analized by the britsh museum but they still did not know what it was. i found it in a field up in chester (Deva) its a roman fort. the field i found it in was close to a saxon fort so i thought it could be realeted to that.

so if anyone has any thoughts plz let me know i am gettin desprate here, i will see if i can get a picture of it soon.

mod edit- title spelling

[edit on 12-11-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Sounds interesting, But without a pic its going to be hard to get others to help you,

Have you thought about taken to your local uni?

Maybe have them test a bit of it so see at least what its possible made up of,

Good find,

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I studied Geology at oxford uni - maybe I can help?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Seeing that it was found near a Roman fort, have you considered whether its a bit of ancient broken glass? Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Interesting. Travel to your nearest university or mail it to them.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
you probably found an old piece of chewing gum that got petrified. If not, do some experiments on it to determine what it is. If it is a new kind of element, that is great news!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm a good science researcher and used to be a rock hound. I know my way around a geologists workbench. Well, if it just includes a pick hammer.

I'm a science illustrator, so I can maybe only tell you what something should look like, but there are millions of combinations (actually infinite) of minerals and conditions that determine what a rock can look like.. Some types of rock are only found in one or two places but are made of common components. We really need to see and ask you some questions.

Get us a good picture of your rock from many angles in sunlight (make sure your camera is set for daylight) That way we have a good light to calibrate color.

I bet we can make some good guesses.

ZG

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
thx everybody for your comments, i have been trying to get pics of it, but ever time i try it turns white instead of green, i took it to be analised at the british museum, the screen said it had zinc in it but thats all i remember, i shall c what more i can do

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There is a green glass that was found to have been used by pharohs in egypt and was found in only one place in the saharah desert if my mind serves me right, right off the bat i cant think of what its called cos im not feeling very well enough to drag out my books i know the romans used some of the rock also because it was deemed a gift from the gods being so rare, if any ATS members has heared of it maybe it will jog a memory and help you, i seem to remember a geological team traveling to the area to gather samples about 10 yrs ago.

new topics

top topics

join