It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When 2012 rolls around, and nothing happens . . .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The reason the mayans would not interfere, is that the DIVINE PLAN that they based all this on was outside of their reach to change. They knew the changes were for the good of mankind on a universal level. Much more than saving one life, or a small civilization on Earth, when they knew that the bigger picture is much more important.

Damn, how were they so smart, when I'm surrounded all day by people who couldn't think for themselves if I showed them how. Believe me, I've tried and the most common response is:

IGNORANCE IS BLISS

can you believe that? they would rather not know, than to question anything. mass media brainwashing is not a conspiracy, our people push it along. I can't wait for disclosure.... of WTC, ET's, anything that makes people realize that our material existence is such a pile of bull compared to the possibilities for our species.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
being a rational person, i recognize that ANY future prediction may never come to pass.

the nature of prophesy is that it is not intended to come to pass (woe unto ye!), so i do not consider 2012 as prophecy.

however, i have built a massive metaphysical / mythological belief system that sits squarely upon the fact that there is a global change nigh at hand...the sort of change that will be impossible to deny.

i am not relying solely upon 2012, but there seems to be a lot of compelling evidence for that date.

i dont know if it is my imagination, but i feel as though i can feel that point in time pulling me toward itself.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I hardly think there are many people who are huddled in a corner or putting their life on hold for 2012. I see everyone going about their business as usual. Most of those who believe in 2012 do not think super catastrophic thoughts, there are some though. What difference would it matter anyway? I mean, if someone wants to put into store that a major change or ascension may occur what's it to You? I've stated that I'm not sure about 2012, hell, I'm not sure about tomorrow. What I do know is that the thought of humanity becoming what We're truely capable of is magnificent.

I've done some research on this topic and have come across some really amazing things that may interest You into viewing this topic in a whole new light. 2012 isn't some bologne a crazy guy pulled out of His rear-end. The yr. 2012 in Mayan terms refers to the Precession of the Equinox, or the process of Our galactic aligment with the Milky Way, by Our scientific standards(& theirs) the center of Our universe. The Precession of the Equinox is a rare galactic alignment and was acknowledged by dozens of ancient cultures, not just the mayans, including the vedic and mediteranean cultures as well as egyptian, hence the pyramids, stonehenge etc. It is also recognized as the Platonic Year, Yuga Year, the Perfect year and the Ages of Man. The theory states that just like Our day has light/dark, Our year has summer/winter the Platonic year also has a pd of golden and dark ages. Getting it yet? The Precession of the Equinox(P of E from now on) acts like a huge clock as We move thru the 12 zodiac signs. The P of E takes roughly 24,000 yrs- 12,000 yrs. of ascending and 12,000 yrs. of descending. Or 12,000 yrs of enlightenment/12,000 yrs. of darkness. 2012 will mark midnight on the galactic clock or zero point and a new precessional cycle will begin, a new age of ascension. The orbit in which the earth moves thru the equinox carries us in and out of an EM field that affects Our ionoshere, magnetosphere and Us-producing alternating golden and dark ages.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
???? Why are the Mayans not still here and going srtong if they were so learned about the future of the human race?

the mayan calendar does not predict any specific event. it is probably best understood as a recursive mathematical algorithm. the numbers of the algorithm are based on astronomical observances. because the cycles that it outlines are built one upon another (recursive), natural interference patterns emerge. correspondences can be (and have been) made at very specific peaks and nulls.

but by no means has anything been foretold (other than the date).

dkp

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You have voted Demetre for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Originally posted by Demetre
The theory states that just like Our day has light/dark, Our year has summer/winter the Platonic year also has a pd of golden and dark ages. ......The orbit in which the earth moves thru the equinox carries us in and out of an EM field that affects Our ionoshere, magnetosphere and Us-producing alternating golden and dark ages.

you and i are right inline on this one. this thread hardly seems the place to post information like this, though.

i have recently considered many fascinating interpretations of this perspective. your post is the only one in this thread that makes any sense to me at all.

thank you!

dkp

link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
being a rational person, i recognize that ANY future prediction may never come to pass.

the nature of prophesy is that it is not intended to come to pass (woe unto ye!), so i do not consider 2012 as prophecy.

however, i have built a massive metaphysical / mythological belief system that sits squarely upon the fact that there is a global change nigh at hand...the sort of change that will be impossible to deny.

i am not relying solely upon 2012, but there seems to be a lot of compelling evidence for that date.

i dont know if it is my imagination, but i feel as though i can feel that point in time pulling me toward itself.

Do what You do everyday. Love Yourself, love Your family. Don't let anyone tell You what to or what not to believe. If You think long enough Your heart will lead to what's true. Where there are skeptics regarding this matter, which actually has scientic findings that ring true You will also find some of the same worship a god who has none. Please, no offense intended to anyone or their belief system whether it be God or not. Just a supporting statement to tgidkp.

Peace. K*

link   
The argument that we are already living in the year 2012 or later. We do not know exactly when Jesus was born (no year, month, or day). The date was a “best guess” with what historical information that could be found at the time. It is now believed that the date is off by 7 to 10 years – meaning the current year is more than likely somewhere between 2014 and 2017. But there is almost no way from a best guess that 2007 is actually the correct year.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
the mayan calendar does not focus on 2012, as that date is related to astrological concerns. The mayans ignored this, and if you read up @ mayanmajix.com he believes (and i do too) that 2011 is more accurate based on ignoring the corellation of astral bodies, because it doesnt fit with mayan tradition.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12SeVeN34

Damn, how were they so smart, when I'm surrounded all day by people who couldn't think for themselves if I showed them how. Believe me, I've tried and the most common response is:

IGNORANCE IS BLISS

No truer words were ever spoken.

I actually had a friend a few years back say, "I don't want to know about anything I can't see, feel, or spend money on!"

It is a fact the Age Of Aquarius is upon us, so change is enevitable. A lot of changes have taken place during the last 15 years, just so this information about the 11-11, and 2012 could be a part of our conversations.

Think about it; who was talking about this stuff, 15 - 20 years ago?

There is a reason why we are talking about it now. It's like a subtle time-released PROGRAM that was introduced into the lexicon of human consciousness in time for the so-called harmonic convergence, which began in the late 1980s, and continues on until 2012.

Accordingly, we are all supposed to have been changed from the inside out, genetically, so our minds can grasp what is supposed to be a higher vibration, which results in a greater understanding of knowledge that was supposed to have been HIDDEN from us until now.

Perhaps it accounts for the sudden increase in sighting of UFOs, whether they be man-made or alien, and the emergence of a global consciousness of the elites who want to bring about a NEW WORLD ORDER.

Anyway you slice it, it all adds up to an undercurrent of fear, based primarily on what we don't know.

We, the people, of this world must somehow, (not to be korny) figure out a way to force those who do know, to stop HORDING the knowledge! To fill us in on everything! I mean, don't we have a right to know?

But it seems we're far more concerned with the Paris Hiltons, Linsey Lowhans, and a whole host of rich, spoiled BRATS, and celebrities, along with the diversions of war, and mind-numbing TV, while the bees are disappearing. The bees who are responsible for the growth of 1/3 of the world's food supply. A world of 6 billion people.

All I know is that when I look up in the sky overhead, I see a lot of chem trails left by jets. Maybe that's what killing them? Or maybe it's the cell phones? Ha! Like we would give up cell phones to save the BEES... Ha! When the food is gone maybe. Einstein said, "When the honey bees are gone we have 4 more years." And I'll bet "they" laughed at him.

What will happen in 2012 is fun to think about, but a lot can go down between now and then, that will probably make us wish it was the end of the world. Not because I'm all about doom, and gloom, it's just a REALITY man!

[edit on 26-4-2007 by eyespy2]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
2012 will be a year of solar activity

www.cnn.com...

things will happen. will they be catastrophic?

dunno

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well all i know is that Life is Life and one way or another we will get by somehow, We could be hit by an asteroid tommorow or in 500 yrs time that ends our ride on this Earth, But something will come out of it, with more savvy than humans i hope!!!

2012 is a number nothing else! We are all part of the one living universe and what will be will be in the end .. so dont loose sleep over it .

sweet dreams........

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Dude...

The year 2012 for the Myans was the end/beginning of certain spiritual ages.

Everything that exists follows the pattern of a sin wave. One half of the cycle is in the realm of a positive pressure/energy the other half is in the realm of a negative pressure/energy.

Quetzalcoatl was the god of spiritual lightness for the Mayans. An age of spirituality, where human awareness was not as embedded in the coarser energies of the material bandwidth.

At the end of the last positive age, Quetzalcoatl was banished by Tezcatlipoca, the god of spiritual darkness, where human awareness is more embedded in the coarser energies of the material bandwidth.

For the Mayans, 2012 was the "zero crossover" point where human awareness would cross over from materialism to spirituality.

Be warned! The zero crossover point is a time of great danger. This is a time where neither material of spiritual energies or more prominent than the other. Zero crossover can be a time of great chaos.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
When nothing happens in 2012, I'll read posts here predicting how the Anti-Christ is going to take over the world in 2013. Why? Because look how you have to write down dates! Like 6/6/13. Yep, if we have to write down the number 13 every day, it has to happen! It has to I tells ya!

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The point I am trying to make is that our world is not going to explode. It is going to cleanse the planet of those who are not capable tof ascension.

The way this (might) happen follows:

Just in the way that Power (Industry/Capitalism) overcame the Law (Birth of Nations), ETHICS will overcome Power.

So, what we will be seeing (in theory for now) is that the "towers" of our material world will fail us. They will crumble down and our current economic system will die. (see below)

The period of this change is now. In the month of May 2007, (theory still of course as it has not transpired) we will learn that we are not alone, (check out all the other threads here on ATS) and our connections to benevolent ET's will expand our science to crush industry and capitalism. This will be painful and destructive in many ways at first.

Once we have suffered, (and evolved) it will give us a chance to see what is truly important in our existence. Then we can begin to create our own existence through each other, and not through objects we purchase.

These are the steps leading to (my belief of) the ascension.

Who's comin with me? ;p

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
2012. It just sounds like a cool number. I wouldnt be surprised if it were just a combination of ages (12,20) or a locker combination. I don't know where they come up with these numbers, but if it was from the bible, then it probably is false. The Book of Revelations was written after another book, The Book of Apocolypse, was submitted. The Book of Apocolypse was turned down for some odd reason, and the book of revelations was put into the New Testiment instead.

On the very slight chance something does happen, I'll eat my hat.

I WAGER TWO HUNDRED!!!!! AND FOR NO REASON! (Mainly because I want to know if it can be done)

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
may i post this again for all those who say it's just a number. omfg

mayanmajix.com

view the DVD he posted on google video. its long but well worth it.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Guys , oh and few gals, just got back from the pub, i put the question about 2012 to alot of people . Now , after a lot of jeers n laughter all i can say is i feel stupid. the general view is that its a crock... i dont subscribe personally to a certain date of impending doom but i do feel in my heart n soul that something is waiting round the corner for us, good or bad i dont know .

The discovery of this new planet and the disclosure thing is neatly timed i admitt , something is afoot we all know it, BUT , i cannot sign up to a certain date to when things are going to kick off , the Mayan calander is one of many different calanders that MAN has, in his stupidity, devised for his own ends.

It all comes down to the fact that we dont know! NO ONE knows!! and we would not be intelligent (LOL) if we did not enquire or wonder about what is to come of us.

Im not wishing to either debunk the 2012 prediction or endorse it just keeping an open mind. I am after all ... Human. (i think)

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Good to see some interesting, thoughtful posts here. Thanks everyone for the interest so far, even if you think I'm a close-minded ninny.

...2012 isn't just based on a persons word... but rather various advanced civilizations - backed up by current events and science etc.

I'd hardly call the Mayans advanced at this point, obviously they weren't even as advanced as the Spanish when they were colonized. Let's look at them objectively and not idealistically, they were a rather primitive civilization, culturally and politically, even in their own time.

seeing as you're not even into anything alternative yet you bother to come to an open minded community in a sad attempt to bring us down.

Oh, you are so very wrong here. I am quite into everything alternative. However, I am obviously not a true believer type, I am more interested in the true believer culture. When I was younger I was suckered into belief into many things: religion, alien conspiracy, prophecy, etc. As I grew older, went to college, studied history and philosophy, and read different books I managed to break free from true believerism (and of course eventually ended up at skepticism, atheism, naturalism, etc). I am still quite interested in what people believe, though, because I am interested in both the fantasy itself (without actually believing it) and the people who believe.

I am not here to bring anyone down, the fact that you see my viewpoint as doing such is indicative of your confidence in your beliefs. Perhaps you realize the flimsy premises and evidence that you rely on to convince yourself of your alternative "truths" and just wish me to go away and not point them out, but your viewpoints are not special and are not protected from being attacked, just like my own arguments and that of everyone else. I offer no special respect for faith-based beliefs.

Most of us around this community are bright enough to not take such narrow minded individuals seriously, so your objective with this thread is pointless.

I am not posting for your or anyone else's approval, I am just interested in other people's ideas, including yours. I want to know how my own beliefs stand up to those of other people, or perhaps find out what we have in common. I may address the issue of narrow and open-mindedness in another thread that I plan to start soon, so I will not mention that further here.

it's only a very small minority that think 2012 will be the 'end of the world' or anything like that. Don't know why so many connect "doom" with "change".

There will be change every year, from now to the end of time, if there will be such a thing. Basically, anything that happens in 2012, which will seem rather normal to most people, will be construed as fulfilling prophecy by those who believe it. This is a fallacy of prophecy, not a strength.

Then you have those who seem to take pleasure in intimidating people of the first group, and denouncing people of the second group with an obvious gusto.

Again, I'm not here to intimidate or push around anyone. Self-proclaimed open-minded people should rejoice in a variety of opinions being expressed, even those directly polar of your own. It's a fun thought exercise, if nothing else, to defend what you believe. Use the challenge to strengthen your own mind. Of course it is my hope that someday the logic and strength of the skeptical position will make itself clear to believers eventually.

What I do know is that the thought of humanity becoming what We're truely capable of is magnificent.

Yes, but will it happen through an instantaneous, metaphysical event, or through hard work, scientific progress, and clear thinking? I don't want to be waiting for a deus ex machina that may never occur.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There is a lot of fussing about this specific date... but ask yourself one question (this means everyone, no offense): What is going to happen?

What evidence do we have? As far as I know, they only discovered the date and nothing else is written about that specific date. For all we know, it could be something completely different, maybe they (the mayans) thought that they would celebrate something on that day (like, their civilization reached xxxx years, which they didn't reach unfortunately)... I'm only throwing it out there as a possibility.

You never know. Everybody predicts and ascension, or a disclosure of some sort, or extreme solar activity, or whatever tickles their fancy. But the fact remains... we don't know what will happen. I'm not trying to break people's hope on this particular date... all I'm saying is don't run around and preaching destruction and doom. To cause a panic is never wise.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12SeVeN34

The point I am trying to make is that our world is not going to explode. It is going to cleanse the planet of those who are not capable tof ascension.

The way this (might) happen follows:

Just in the way that Power (Industry/Capitalism) overcame the Law (Birth of Nations), ETHICS will overcome Power.

So, what we will be seeing (in theory for now) is that the "towers" of our material world will fail us. They will crumble down and our current economic system will die. (see below)

The period of this change is now. In the month of May 2007, (theory still of course as it has not transpired) we will learn that we are not alone, (check out all the other threads here on ATS) and our connections to benevolent ET's will expand our science to crush industry and capitalism. This will be painful and destructive in many ways at first.

Once we have suffered, (and evolved) it will give us a chance to see what is truly important in our existence. Then we can begin to create our own existence through each other, and not through objects we purchase.

These are the steps leading to (my belief of) the ascension.

Who's comin with me? ;p

I'm 'up' for it!
Sorry, I couldn't help Myself. I believe You've got the right idea my friend.

Peace. K*

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join