It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich announces impeachment charges against Vice President Cheney!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This seems to add more credence to my political prediction I made a few weeks ago.

Basically, this is lining up to have Cheney to resign (due to health reasons, is my guess). In turn, the new VP will be the Republican's heir-apparent to the GOP nomination for the presidency in '08.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
I'd be a bad CM if I didn't point out a few things. Mr. K. is clearly ulling a stunt designed to breath new life in to his failing Presidential bid. Bear in mined that this bill of his won't see a vote until AFTER summer recess, if at all. Then, remember that the soonest these charges can be acted on will be this winter, which means that hearings wouldn't start until next Spring. There will not be enough time to get a Federal grand jury in place before the bush team leaves office.

You've seen my stuff. Nobody is more outraged than I am when it comes to the state of government today. The covert effort that is being waged against us to gain greater power is just "wrong." Having said that, I feel the need to provide a reality check here because there is still enough Republican opposition on Capitol Hill to make sure that this impeachment maneuver doesn't amount to anything more than a splashy media event.

Justin, if anyone else were to launch an effort for impeachment, I'd say all they wanted was political advancement. But if you examine his history, including his prior run for president, Kucinich has been anything but the standard politician. He's genuine, he's ardent and he might have to play the games in order to make any difference in Washington, but Articles of Impeachment are not for playing.

You can't draw those up and pretend that you are playing games, even in political terms. Mr. K. means business because he is better qualified than the field here. And he's right. The action should be taken, should have been taken.

If this turns into a splashy media event, it'll only be at the hands of the media and his opponents. Kucinich, in my estimation, won't let this drop. He's been a pit bull in the past on things that mattered to him.

Let's hope this time is no different.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Its better late than never.

In my opinion, these proceedings should have started a long time ago, but hey, at least there is someone trying to do something.

Kucinich's main argument is there are people all around America who are asking the question of impeachment, and he felt it was up to him to give them a voice, and start proceedings to impeach the Vice-President. Its about time.

This corrupt government has been running wild ever since they came to power in January 2001. 7 months later, 911 happened, and ever since then, America has only sunk deeper into the ground. Record trade deficit, souring national and personal debt, 1,000,000 jobs lost per year since 2001. Things are getting worse for Americans, especially the middle and lower classes. The White House has focused so much on foreign policy, that they have left the Homeland completely vulnerable.

Bush and Co. cut funding for every major industy, health care, education, borders guard, food inspectors, all the vital things neccesary for sustaining a strong country which can recover from the blow of a hit. If we had another 911, would FEMA be ready? You think you can survive another hit?

Its time to impeach this administration, and put people in power that have Americas best interest at heart, and will work to strengthen America itself, not try to destroy a perceived enemy.

But its all a sham anyways! The plan was to destroy America, and to create foreign enemies abroad. Their plan was to make sure America doesnt rise, and to in effect capture America to be used as a tool to achieve foreign objectives for foreign bankers and industralists.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
From the Kucinich web site, "Kucinich is currently drafting legislation that would ban the purchase, sale, transfer, or possession of handguns by civilians. A gun buy-back provision will be included in the bill."

Justin,

Interesting how this gets ignored but his publicity stunt gets applauded. Until everyone realizes that both Parties are the same they can manipulate us all they want. Kucinich probably will have lunch with the VP to celebrate.
Iraq is a temporary problem. The destruction of our rights will destroy us. They have already picked the next President and all that is left is to wait and see who they picked.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is just one out of many illusions they create to give us the feeling that the people are in control of who is elected and what happens in the government.

LIES...

Trust me, if it's on CNN it's part of an agenda and that agenda is deceptions in order to control ideology and actions taken from portrayed situations built by the medias.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
This is just one out of many illusions they create to give us the feeling that the people are in control of who is elected and what happens in the government.

LIES...

Trust me, if it's on CNN it's part of an agenda and that agenda is deceptions in order to control ideology and actions taken from portrayed situations built by the medias.

Ok, I can understand your position regarding freedom of the press, however, if the news is big enough, they are going to print it.

I mean, the media does print bad news about the war....

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby

LIES...

Ok, I can understand your position regarding freedom of the press, however, if the news is big enough, they are going to print it.

Yes, they have no choice to do this or else their subliminal operation would click into the minds of those who are not currently aware of it's purpose.

When it becomes too obvious, they must say things that would make you think they are not biased in any ways, or else they would fail. Also known as propaganda.

Keep in mind that the build up of the war in Iraq was mostly done through CNN news reports.

Edit: The corporate elites owns CNN and what they want in this world is chaos in order to control. The war in Iraq is clearly chaotic.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by selfless]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby

LIES...

Yes, they have no choice to do this or else their subliminal operation would click into the minds of those who are not currently aware of it's purpose.

When it becomes too obvious, they must say things that would make you think they are not biased in any ways, or else they would fail. Also known as propaganda.

Keep in mind that the build up of the war in Iraq was mostly done through CNN news reports.

Edit: The corporate elites owns CNN and what they want in this world is chaos in order to control. The war in Iraq is clearly chaotic.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by selfless]

Right, ok, so we are on the same page on that, to me that is the same reason why they Kuc story was on CNN, it would be pretty embarassing for them if something did come of it and they never did make the original announcement.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hmm... I thought this thread was about Kucinich bringing articles of impeachment for Dick Cheney.

Anyway, not only am I impressed that articles of impeachment were brought forth; I was impressed at the charges made. When I first heard about DK bringing up charges against DC, I figured it had to be a conflict of interest due to his dealings with Halliburton, but these are much more serious charges.

Article I, that Richard Cheney had purposely manipulated the intelligence process to deceive the citizens and the Congress of the United States by fabricating a threat of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction to justify the use of the United States armed forces against the nation of Iraq in a manner damaging to our national security.

That with respect to Article II, that Richard Cheney manipulated the intelligence process to deceive the citizens and the Congress of the United States about an alleged relationship between Iraq and Al Qaida in order to justify the use of United States armed forces against the nation of Iraq in a manner damaging to our national security.

I can say that the first two are true, and if investigated with testimony from insiders would be easy to prove. Even Richard Clark in his book “Against all Enemies”, he claimed that the Bush Administration started planning for a war in Iraq 10 days after taking office. The question put forth by DC was how to sell it to the American people. I think these alone are enough to impeach him.

The other two charges are…

With respect to Article III, that in his conduct while vice president of the United States, Richard Cheney openly threatened aggression against the Republic of Iran, absent any real threat to the United States, and has done so with the United States's proven capability to carry out such threats, thus undermining the national security interests of the United States.

Furthermore, I point out in the articles that Article VI of the United States Constitution states, and I quote, "This Constitution and the laws of the United States shall be made in pursuance thereof and all treaties made or which shall be made under the authority of the United States shall be the supreme law of the land. Any provision of an international treaty ratified by the United States becomes the law of the United States."

These are for threatening another country, which is against the UN Charter that he speaks of but this happens all the time and in both directions, so I don't know if these are impeachable offences. However I think the strategy is to try to get the administration to back off on Iran.

Even if this doesn’t go anywhere, I think it raises awareness and shows that the administration is following the same pattern with Iran as they did leading up to the war in Iraq. Some would say that it is too late, and will take too long, but I think it must be done anyway just to show other would be tyrants in the future that they will be held accountable for trading American lives for corporate interests.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
He should add:

- High treason for his participation in the North American Union scheme
- High treason for his participation in 9/11
- Corruption for Halliburton
- High treason for being a member of Trilateral Comission and Bohemian Groove
- War Crimes for his participation in funding Saddam Hussein with Halliburton with the Oil-For-Food program from 97 to 2000
- High treason for the Patriot Act, Military Comission Act, Guantanamo, Abu Grahib and illegal wiretapping

(those charges can be put against many CFRs, all Bilderberg, all Trilateral Comission, Bohemian Groove, Skulls and Bones, Halliburton members, republicans, democrats, PNAC members and others)

AND HANG HIM with his croonies on national public TV with a clear message, DON'T MESS WITH AMERICA.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
This final year of the VP and president being in office, what would be the point of starting this process, apart from wasting time.

Oh, I don't know...maybe it will give them something to think about OTHER than starting another war.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
He should add:

- High treason for his participation in the North American Union scheme
- High treason for his participation in 9/11
- Corruption for Halliburton
- High treason for being a member of Trilateral Comission and Bohemian Groove
- War Crimes for his participation in funding Saddam Hussein with Halliburton with the Oil-For-Food program from 97 to 2000
- High treason for the Patriot Act, Military Comission Act, Guantanamo, Abu Grahib and illegal wiretapping

(those charges can be put against many CFRs, all Bilderberg, all Trilateral Comission, Bohemian Groove, Skulls and Bones, Halliburton members, republicans, democrats, PNAC members and others)

AND HANG HIM with his croonies on national public TV with a clear message, DON'T MESS WITH AMERICA.

Don't forgot those unpaid parking tickets from his undergrad years...

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The best form of justice I could imagine Cheney, is send him to the front lines.
after 9 weeks of military training, to drive a hummer less armoured than his mercenaries.

Throw him in the heap he created.

But on the topic, This more than likely will be defeated by some 'new' law introduced some where that provides safety too all members of the Admin.

I think that this actio nwas started by Kucinich simply so the history books saw, that the United states people didnt just sit by while these war criminals took the world into the next dark age.

Cheney, he deserves nothing less than being beheaded.
Boy I wish I could hold the knife.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Remember that summer recess is coming. If any of these subpoenas actually result in testimony, we won't see that 'til after that two month period. The Dems are trying to legislate and investigate at the same time and that's going to be harder than it looks.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Boy I wish I could hold the knife.

Well, too many people wants his head. Iraqis, americans, afghans, guantanamo detainees who are innocents, the entire world. We could give everyone the chance to hit him with a baseball bat to break his legs and arms... then we heal him, then we do it again. But there's not just Cheney, there's Bush, Rize, Rumsfeld, Gates, Rockefeller, Rothschild, Blair, Oreilly, Limbaugh... MANY PEOPLE deserve to be behead in this world.

Too much punition to do, so little time.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Lets not forget all the other stuff Dennis is looking the change about this country like NAFTA .Just listen to him tell you what it has done to our country, than look around..he is right!!A man of his standards gets my vote every time...Our home is crumbling and are people are suffering ,lets regroup and reorganize and than we can rebuild...Kucinich for President!! www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You would think that the news outlets would be all over this, but the story hit their sites like a brick to a piece of paper...it hit and kept on going.

It's also strange that the raid in Alabama isn't a top story either considering the news runs "Special Reports" every time someone sneezes the word "terrorist".

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
First of all, remember than an impeachment by itself means nothing. It is simply an accusation, similar to an indictment in a normal court of law. After the impeachment, the hearings start. Bush and Cheney will be long gone before those ever take effect.

Second, the reason that this is not getting much air time is actually due to the source. Kucinich is not a genuine presidential candidate. He never gets more than single-digit support for his candidacy, and most of those are from his home state of Ohio. Not a single House member has signalled support for his proposal. That's how un-seriously Congress takes him.

This is just a case of a small man tilting at windmills.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The Democrats have said that impeaching the POTUS is off the table. That's Pelosi being coy, imo.

Don't forget, if Jr. ends up being SHAMED out of office, it's necessary to get rid of Cheney first. Or that's who we'll be stuck with.

But, you say, what if Cheney does go (one way or the other--impeachment, resignation) and the shrub puts his 2nd first lady in place as VP (the other wife)? Rice is effectively screwing herself if she ignors Waxman's subpoena with a charge of contempt of Congress. That will hold her up in court long enough to wash her effectiveness down the drain and her lawyers will probably be along for the ride as she jets around on her diplomatic missions that leave no time for her to appear before congress in any event.

She may not have time for Congress, but you can bet she'll find time to lawyer up. Just like she found time for the talk show circuit on Sunday.

Besides, Waxy doesn't need her anymore. He's invited Tenet to come and tell all.

Committee Invites Former CIA Director to Testify on Iraq War

Check out Kucinich's House site for his letter to Dick. [.pdf]

Enclosed is a copy of a resolution which I will introduce later today. I believe you have the right to see this resolution before it is distributed so you can fully exercise your own rights.

The DC lawyers must be chomping on the bit.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hey, folks. I'd like to call something to your attention. Just in case you think your voice doesn't matter...look at THIS. Seems that somebody posted one of my policy pieces on his official web site. that ain't bad for a struggling writer in da trenches.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join