It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help for the Eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Anyone know where in the Bible it says "No man shall know the future"?

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with that particular verse, and word for word, it would be incorrect as prophets have been given glimpses of the future and directed to tell us.
We aren't to seek out fortune-tellers and seers as their power is not from God and as such not in accordance to His will or necessarily accurate.
Sorry, I know I didn't help any.
Chicken, are you familiar?
I'm in more a need of a past-teller so I can find out where I put my spare set of motorcycle keys!

posted on Nov, 26 2002 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Certainly not in that form, All-Seeing. I actually can�t think of the word �future� as such, in the Bible �at least in the translations I know: it was �in its modern sense �quite a latecomer to Modern English and I�d risk a small wager on the fact that it�s not in the KJV at all.
In a text so full of prophets, it seems �in any case �a somewhat unlikely utterance.
Without doing some research, the text that comes to mind �and I wonder if this is what you have at the back of your mind �is Jesus talking about Last Things:
Matthew 24:35-36, "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
How this relates to the Apocalypse is, of course, a matter of some debate

new topics

join