It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible first earth-like plan­et "super- Earth" found out­side our So­lar Sys­tem

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It's the Greys home planet... he he

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Triad979
It's the Greys home planet... he he

Yeah it probably is, haha^__^

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Could the increase in UFO sightings lately be because our methods of detecting planets outside our solar system is advancing so quickly lately? If we discovered evidence of being examined or scanned by a planet we would want to know as much about them as possible. After all, after discovering a place the next step is to take a closer look. Also, if we have this technology, how many planets are capable of examing earth?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yea this HUGE new Planet is currently occupied by a race of paranoid and cranky, 10 feet tall reptilian like creatures, who are very technoogicaly advanced. They've detected our scanning procedure and even though the EPA and FDA has determined this procedure as planet and alien friendly it caused sterility in their females and impotence in their males.
Their 1 billion strong invasion fleet has already departed and should be here by the end of the year. We'll just blame it on Bush, that'll be a great opportunity to get rid of him

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We arn't really scanning them, just collecting the photons of light that happen to bounce back this way. But then if they are that advanced...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I realise we aren't scanning planets yet but our media is sending radiowaves into space containing news reports showing star/planet data on these new discoveries

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
We are getting closer to revealing life on other planets, or at least environments
and atmospheres with the ability to start life. I cant wait to see what they find next.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
what if we already sent a ship out there before the last apocalypse, like was said earlier time is relative and it wouldn't seem that long to them, what if they are on their way back or something, that would be crazy to meet the last civilization (if you believe that).

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
We already did through out history. Every continent was a "new world". Modern clashes with old world, ordinary people with better tech are higher beings, etc. The distances and differences are a bit different but I bet if they had ATS back in the days of Columbus we'd get a web feed. Space is the next wild west!

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What if life on Earth was seeded from life on that planet :O

:O :O

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolf359
What if life on Earth was seeded from life on that planet :O

:O :O

Yeah! And what if we originate from a galaxy 4 billion light years away?;D

There's too much theorizing in astronomy that it's almost just better to just base theories on semi-facts, hehe.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   

By Palashea"
From what I've been reading so far, this planet is billions of years older than our own
So if "c" is inhabited by intelligent beings then perhaps they first discovered Earth in their telescopes several billion years ago. Wonder if they had a CSETI to try to hear from us in their early years?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Damnit, why can't these supposed "intelligent civilizations" come here and advance our technology billions of years ahead of time!! I can imagine how awesome their techonoly is. Especially if the same civilization has existed for billions of years.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
100 years ago we got a hold of the concept of heavier than air aircraft. Look now. Think it was an acident?

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Earth was a genesis planet established about 400BC. The humans killed off Dinosaurs/Dracons. Obviously they were a threat to colonization. The Moon is owned by Mr. Resnik. The moon serves as a command station and HQ for Human monitoring. Abductions range from physical to metaphysical. Now..

The earlier civilizations could of left for either ..

A- underground

or

B- Moon/Mars/Venus

Reason why they left....

Because they could leave. They can get to Mars in 20 minutes. Earth is their ant farm, they are the eyes in the skies, the ones who burn their symbols on our crops, the ones who control our satellites. The satellites are increasing in #. The ancienct astronauts are also evolving with us. When they invented Anti Gravity, they withheld the technology as in with most other technologies. But they were not more advanced than we are now in some other things, especially weapons. The weapons we have now are as advanced as the Venetians, and the Martians.

We are no longer sheeple roaming around Gaia disconnected from the universe, soon , accelerated thinking will occur, most likely from tragic events or a massive power outage resulting in the end of the solar systems galactic cycle. Power outages might not be man caused, or might be.

ET's will come soon, but not in August. The ET's will admit that our govt' took advantage of us. They will admit they cut off deals with them too. They will claim to help us and save us. But will they ?

I also think the aliens will mostly be humanoid. We already have some here, Dwarves, Gnomes, and midgets are all created and manipulated by the DNA architects.

This will not cause a big shock. The greys are just robots, and a robot could be scary looking, and still be a robot. They are not cybernetic orgnaisms or cyborgs, they are complete androids.

The Reptillians are from Draco. They will no longer shapeshift. Thieir true faces will be revealed. They are already here, except concealed, so the only difference is that we will be able to see them because we will be allowed to.

The galactic federation contacts me once a week at least. It could be anyone, but I wonder if these people are who they claim to be. There is a big war going on in space they say, and it's because the rulers of earth do not want to let go of their power. The oil is primitive, but we still are enslaved by it.

If the galactic federation have already intervened, then they are not winning. At least it doesn't look like they are. The UFO's cannot get close, if tracked on Radar, they will be shot down, and it's not easy to intervene anymore. Whenever they returned to restore the balance, the world got better for a while. But now, things are out of hand and will continue to get out of hand because our military is no joke. Earth's military. The one world govt has been established since 1990.

I get this from channeled visions. Cosmic communications it's called. I dont remember writing this, I'm almost in a trance right now. No, I only drink Green tea and water, meditate daily, and I don';t drink or do drugs. But for some reason, the monitors chose me. they put those chips in me for a reason. The monitors abduct you when your about 3, 8, and 13 and thats it. I havent experienced any abductions since. The stock market is crashing. That is the last thing I was told. The market will crash, the dollar with it, and FEMA will inherit the Earth. Lets hope Im wrong. Be prepared, and you will not suffer.

[edit on 6/26/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is a fantastic discovery. I can't believe I missed it until now, as the story has been out since April.

I wonder how long before we can verify if there's life on the planet.

Anyone know if SETI has focused any arrays on this system?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
thelibra , sorry to dissapoint you but its already generally accepted that this planet will be way too hot to be like earth, its also still way too big.

it is good news becuase its the smallest exoplanet weve found but its more like a big venus or small neptune.

the scientists really jazzed it up when they first announced it. Dont worry by the end of the year we will have the first earth size planet from CoRoT.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well damn. That makes me a saaaaaaad panda.
I was particularly delighted that it was in the LIBRA system.
But meh... now it's just another uninhabitable rock.
Thanks for the heads-up.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
the real problem here is the time it takes light to travel to us .. we are basically viewing back in time ...this planet is 20.5 light years away ?

so what if this planet was habital we send guys out there ..in our new (cough) speed of light ships ..... and by the time there halfway there and have caught up with light they see the planet was destroyed by an asteroid .. ooops nevermind throw her in reverse and lets go get a big mac....

my serious point is we may indeed view MANY habital planets in the future however we might say there equivalant of dinosaurs roaming around when really an advanced civilization exists..... will we ever be able to see otherwise?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
thelibra --

This story still gives me a reason to be upbeat.

The one thing I got out of this story is that the technology we are using to detect extrasolar planets is getting better and better. We are now detecting smaller planets that lie closer to their star. We are getting better at detecting rocky planets, when in the past we could only detect gas giants. In my opinion, the reason we haven't detected small rocky planets that lie within a star's habitable zone isn't because they are rare, but because the technology and techniques we were using is only good enough to detect the really big "jupiter-" and "superjupiter-" type gas giant planets. Of course we discovered the really big planets first -- they are much easier to find.

Stories such as this give me hope that pretty soon our planet finding technology will improve to the point that we will re-visit all of those 'superjupiter' star systems that we discovered earlier, and take a closer look -- I'm betting we will find many rocky planets that lie within those stars' habitable zones.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join