It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signature Images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This has probably been asked before, but why are the image guidelines for siggys so small? I personally enjoy making images to use in signature for other sites, but ATS's tiny restrictions means I can't here.

Not a major peeve, mainly curiosity.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm not pretending that I know the original reason for the rules but whenever I read boards with huge signature images I find that it breaks up the thread unnecessarily and makes it unpleasent to read.

FWIW I think they have it about right here.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I obviously don't mean huge page long sigs. One site I visit has a 500x165 pixel restriction, which I find is small enough, but still big enough.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Less is more Jack. Dignity at all times...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Less is more Jack. Dignity at all times...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You got me there,

Done up like a kipper.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
there are loads of members who go above 50x
wont tatlte on who

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
While I'm quite certain there are signatures out there that are a violation of the Signature Guidelines, we are putting our best efforts forth to maintain what has been laid out by the Administration. It's not exactly feasible to go around and check the size of every image linked in our signatures, but we keep an eye on things as much as can be expected.

As for the restrictions, I feel we have quite a degree of mobility. The five lines of text that is permitted is a step ahead of any message board that I've seen, and the images we permit are certainly allowing ample opportunity to be creative. The creativity for our signatures doesn't really compare to what we are permitted with avatars, but we'll take what we can get. The avatar sizes of 160x320 is absolutely unheard of on most, if not all, message boards. Not to mention the Background Images that are permitted through a purchase in the ATS Store.

For those interested, here is a link to the guidelines on our Avatars and Signatures.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Signatures:

A maximum of five lines of text, with any graphic image counting as one line (only one image is allowed).

No advertising of your personal or other websites until you have been a contributing member for at least 60 days.

GIF and JPEF file formats for any image with a maximum dimension of 500 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall. File size is not to exceed 25k, and animated GIF's are allowed.

Afterall, what are we here for?

Discussion or Decoration (?)

Personally, I think the 6-lines of text/500X50 image limits are quite liberal ... especially when coupled with the More than generous Avatar allowance.

If an image speaks a thousand words, then there's much that can be said without having typed a single character, here.

Me? I come for the cake, that being to ability to read and digest the thoughts, considerations and opinions of others ... if they choose to add some visual icing, it's that much better. Though, I will admit to Not being a big fan of too much ... icing, that is.

Now, can someone direct me to the cake?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not too hard to have a great sig pic with the space allowed.

Just look at that baby under my post. (THANKS SEMPER!!
)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thanks Enjoies

I actually find the size restrictions challenge me to become better at the programs I use to create the Sigs.

It is remarkably easy to just cut and paste something onto a page, when one has to limit the pixels and size, it becomes a creative challenge of the nth degree.

I'm currently working on a couple for members that is really testing my mettle and I have never been happier....

Semper

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Signatures:

A maximum of five lines of text, with any graphic image counting as one line (only one image is allowed).

I feel that one image in the signature is enough, and the same goes for 5 lines. It's not like I need that much there really.

Of course, technically, 12m8keall2c you have 2 images in yours, and I know of at least one person that has 4 I think although they aren't all personal ones, they have a few of the ATS writer competition ones.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Of course, technically, 12m8keall2c you have 2 images in yours ...

Yeah, I know ... technically.

I considered merging them to one, but then I wouldn't be able to link to the respective support threads for ADVISOR and William One Sac.

Oh well ... bares back for the imminent caning.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I obviously don't mean huge page long sigs. One site I visit has a 500x165 pixel restriction, which I find is small enough, but still big enough.

From what I have seen, many of the sites that allow large signature images more often than not allow only very small avatars. 100 x 100 pixels in many cases, and even less in some cases.

Personally, I would rather have a decent sized avatar than a larger sig image.

new topics

top topics

join