It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange juice and addictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
OK. Whenever I go out to the grocery store and buy real orange juice. (The kind you buy in the 1.89 liter cartons which is 100% real juice.) I noticed that it is gone within a few days. I also notice that I cannot simply have only one glass. I have to have 2 or 3 glasses.

It never seems to quench my thirst I want more and more. I do not suspect it to be the sugars as this does not happen when I drink say... fruit punch.

It may as well be the natural occurring sugars.. or that my body is lacking vitamin C. But this always seems to happen with only orange juice.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? And if so could something other then the abundance of sugars be the cause?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's not just vitamin c in orange juice, and it's not just single vitamins that can affect a craving. The combinations of nutrients and the amounts of them also have an effect, each on the others. Too much of one nutrient can block absorption of another, too litte of one can interfere with proper absorption of yet another.

Here's a nutritional chart for what is in orange juice all together:

www.bodybuilding.com...

There's a small chart here:

www.mamashealth.com...

that talks about some nutrients' interactions with others.

So, I suppose what I'm getting at is, I don't know why you need orange juice, but I doubt it's so simple as a lack of vitamin C. It's a pretty complicated thing, this "nutrition."

Maybe the juice just tastes good to you. Pure fresh OJ is certainly very refreshing.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yep I can relate!
Well it's not just me, my whole family loves OJ. My younger brother works at the Melbourne wholesale fruit and veggie markets and will bring home four 2 litre bottles of freshly squeezed organic OJ and it would barely last the week in a house with 5 people.

I'd say it's just a craving the body has for the natural flavors and vitamins in fresh juice, considering the crap found in everything else found on the store shelves these days except water.

Got me cravin a glass now and I just brushed my teeth
lol

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I used to drink a litre of Tropicana Orange Juice in a day, but I only drink water these days. I guess drinking too much put me off.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Maybe it's because it's so damn nice!
Beats any non 100% juice drinks.

I'm craving it now, too bad I ain't got any.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There's definitely something addictive about orange juice. Hell, I had to stop drinking it altogether because I'd go through a huge container in one day. I knew I had a problem when I wanted to start main-lining OJ.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join