It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Tillman Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm curious to learn if anyone really thinks the issues regarding the friendly fire death of Pat Tillman would actually be in the News/Media if it was a regular GI, other than a former NFL player, or person already well known through out the country.

I feel that if this same event happened to anyone else, that we wouldn't hear anything of it, and the family that was lied to by the government would probably never know the truth, nor would it recieve any Media attention.

I think that it is sad that the government would lie to a fallen soliders family to for the sake of saving face.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I see what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree.

While I believe in the statement that a life, is a life, is a life. But the tragic events that surrounded Tillman's death are something that legends are made of. A man turning down millions of dollars to go to war, only to lose his life in a freak accident, Hollywood couldn't write something that heart wrenching. I'm not going to make blanket statements of the individuals who go to war, but I will say that most probably aren't making seven figure incomes. A man who has the conviction to turn down that kind of money, to go to war and fight on the front lines, maybe some differential treatment is called for.

The loss of Tillman is no greater tragedy than any other life. However, the sacrifice this man made for his country is hardly going to ever be repaid by any gratuity from the government. If they were to give his family the cold shoulder, we would see a tremendous backlash.

I feel Tillman and his family deserve everything they get from the government, and then some. However, so does every other brave soul that is willing to go to war and defend our way of life.

Pat Tillman is a hero of all hero's. This guy is sitting at the head of a table surrounded by some pretty fancy company, and they are impressed to be in his presence.

I'm not even American, but I wish there was something I could do to pay tribute to this amazing person.

new topics

join