It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Like Planet Found?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Astronomers Believe They May Have Found Earth-Like Planet

Astronomers from Switzerland, France and Portugal report they've discovered the most Earth-like planet outside our Solar System to date, according to a report in ZeeNews.com.

Click here to read complete story at ZeeNews.com.

Scientists say the planet has a radius only 50 percent larger than Earth, and is very likely to contain liquid water on its surface.

The research team used the European Southern Observatory’s (ESO’s) 3.6-m telescope to discover the mini-Earth, which orbits a red dwarf already known to harbour a Neptune-mass planet.

www.foxnews.com...

Related links:

www.dailyindia.com...
www.hindu.com...
blog.wired.com...
www.france24.com...
www.earthsky.org...
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is HUGE news. In fact, this might be the biggest and most important discovery in my lifetime. I was going to post this myself, but saw that Promomag beat me to the punch! The next logical step is of course sending a probe to the planet. I hope to be alive when we get our first reports from this planet. Thanks for posting this.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I notice that this thread was posted earlier than the one which now has numerous pages...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In fairness, I'll award some points but, because the later thread is extensive, I'm closing this one.

new topics

join