It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's First Crop Circle of 2007

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Britain's first Crop Circle of 2007

www.cropcircleconnector.com

This circle glyph was discovered from the air around noon on April 15th. It sits alongside Oliver’s Castle near Devizes, Wiltshire and can be viewed from the Castle embankment.

The glyph is in a field of flowering oil-seed rape. Crop is standing at about four feet high.

The pattern spans across 333ft of the field with the outer ring of the main circle measuring 33ft width. Seven arcs, each approximately 5ft wide cut through the central body of the circle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
First crop circle to appear in the UK in 2007. This circle is along the lines of the crop circle ship designs of the past. See:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fairly large circle, 333 ft diameter.

www.cropcircleconnector.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Cool, I always look at the patterns of numbers in the pictures.Like this one has 7 lines, wonder if there is any significance? The pattern suggests waves hope it is good news for Britain.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Looks kinda like . . . EARTH! I hope all these crop circle things aren't supposed to be some kind of written warning.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Looks almost like the AT&T logo to me.. :p

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Cool crop circle..
Not that far from me.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this Great lakes, I am fascinated by CC's. Kinda off topic but has anyone ever been caught or convicted of making these?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this story; I've always been fascinated with crop circles and their symbology. I was looking at the website that carried the original story and came upon this drawing of the circle:

Is it just me or is this an optical illusion; when you look at it just the right way it looks like a tube or shaft and the waves look like waves of force. I wonder if this is supposed to an interpretation of a wormhole. Maybe we are being given a clue as to how our visitors and the artists of the crop circles got here.
Just a thought...

Thanks again for the post.

SR

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I don't think it is all that impressive so I wouldn't doubt if it was a hoax. It just isn't as convincing as other crop circles with weaved stems and more intricate patterns.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Seems real enough to me, I always notice a distinct difference in man made hoax's and the possible real deal. The fakies seem to always be crooked and malaligned. I would like to do an entire wall in my home with framed art of different glyphs.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I see a second has now been reported:

Chilcomb Down, Nr Winchester, Hampshire.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's implying the segmentation of the earth. Perhaps it is distinguishing the different types of people that are walking the earth today.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Seems real enough to me, I always notice a distinct difference in man made hoaxes and the possible real deal. The fakies seem to always be crooked and malaligned. I would like to do an entire wall in my home with framed art of different glyphs.

As with most crop circles, if man made, the accuracy and effort is amazing. This is clearly evenly proportioned.

But.....!! I cant take my eyes away from the way that it relates to the track lines made by the farm veh's. I know it's like only a matter of 3 feet or something like that. But my jaw would of dropped so far if this was exactly spaced between the 1st and the 7th track.

Maybe it was intended that way - terrestrial or extra, 7 is after all a special number. I'm no expert this is mealy ramblings

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
Looks almost like the AT&T logo to me.. :p

*Bingo* That was exactly my first thought. Sure it isn't a set for a t.v. commercial? j.k. good clear pics though.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
When I saw that picture the first thing that popped into my head was "AT&T - the new Cingular". Great galactical advertising! AT&T got tired of billboards so they cut a deal with the aliens to bring their advertising to a larger cosmic level.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I know I am going to come across all too cocksure about this, but crop circles are related to cymatics.

Waves of electromagnetism consist of transverse and longitudinal waves. I use the term "electromagnetism" very loosely here. The longitudinal component simulate waves of sound.

As the molecules within the plants at specific points are made to vibrate, they become "hot", causing the stalks to deform and bend.

So the design is not as fundamental as the frequency or more exactly the combinations of vibrations that went into producing the pattern. This is the secret of sacred geometry, the "word" or that specific vibration that produces the pattern with all of its intricate ratios.

Our technology is capable of producing these patterns, and has been for at least a hundred years. This does not automatically discount the possibility one of our own non-human tenants could also do the same thing. One example is dolphins, which transmit pictures of their surroundings to each other by using sound.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

As with most crop circles, if man made, the accuracy and effort is amazing. This is clearly evenly proportioned.

Well, if you believe in the "man-made" crop circle theory, which I do not, you have to realize that we are not talking about a typical individual who is doing it. IF,and that is a big if, any crop circle is made by man, we are talking about an individual/individuals that are extremely versed in geometry and esoteric studies. They are likely to be highly intelligent people. I don't see it happening,but, I could be wrong. I know, I know, some one is going to put up the "circlemakers" web-site; it's bunk, in my honest opinion.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Well, if you believe in the "man-made" crop circle theory, which I do not, you have to realize that we are not talking about a typical individual who is doing it.

It's no theory, there is no denying that some crop circles are man made. Either that, or E.T. has a grudge against IE:

Having said that though, I don't think they're all man made either. What is more, I can't believe we all carry on with our mundane little lives when wonders such as these manifest themselves. I mean, shouldn't each and every one of us get involved in solving this riddle?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Take a look at a step by step reconstruction if a person or persons were to undergo trying to make this circle formation. What you see is the finished crop circle, but whats hidden is the geometry, symmetry of such a circle.

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

The firefox logo for example, manmade we all know that, it just looks laughable and they took something like 20 hours to make it with lots of people.

I agree some circles are manmade, but the elegant and complex ones are something else entirely. See my CROP CIRCLE SHIP thread for more info.

Crappy Firefox Logo

[edit on 26-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You don't have to attempt to convince me, I'm sold. Just pointing out that to say no crop circles are man made is erroneous.

There are much more complex examples than this first circle of 2007 as well. Some of which you may be interested in viewing here, if you are not aware of the site already that is.

You might be interested to know, that the site of this circle [Oliver's Castle], has been the site of a hoax in the past:

On August 11th a snowflake formation appeared in the field at Oliver's Castle, near Devizes, England. Many people have already heard via the Internet or through crop circle lectures and publications of the extraordinary video obtained at this site. The video claims to record the construction of this formation. In the film, four small white spheres (resembling the disks of light filmed several times within and about crop circles) maneuver around a field as the crop pattern forms beneath them. We wanted, perhaps more than most, to believe the video is exactly what it seems. The film is remarkable, very exciting to view, is inconclusive in it's analysis and is, of course, shrouded in controversy. Unfortunately it is also shrouded in distortions. Several reports have been aired over the Internet and in crop circle publications which are simply incorrect. People who were present for the first showing remember details differently. Conclusions based on technical merit cannot be made unless the original is released for testing and unfortunately, there are too many con men trying to derail the phenomenon to take things at face value without a probing investigation. In addition, the video shown the day the formation arrived is claimed to differ significantly from the video which is now in circulation and undergoing attempts at analysis. In this article, for the first time, all the pieces are put together. Following is the story as accurately as we can recount it.

Source.

It's quite an interesting read. Not least, the last lines:

Since this report was written, John Wabe was traced to a Bristol video production company, and caught. He since came clean about the video being a con, and is being prosecuted.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join