It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of Muslims believe U.S. goal to weaken Islam:poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

70% of Muslims believe U.S. goal to weaken Islam:poll

news.yahoo.com

By Michelle Nichols
Tue Apr 24, 10:02 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 70 percent of Egyptians, Pakistanis, Indonesians and Moroccans believe the United States is trying to weaken and divide the Islamic world, a poll released on Tuesday showed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is very disturbing and will only result in more violence and hatred. More needs to be done to show the Islamic world that we are not at war with them. If it continues down this current path I fear they may get exactly what they believe. A war between the West and Islam would not benefit anyone.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What makes you think that this Administration is NOT at war with Islam?
Do you think this war is going to stop with Iraq and Afghanistan? Not hardly!!

There is a much greater "crusade" in the works that has been planned long before 911.

www.washingtonmonthly.com...

www.iviews.com...

This War is going to make Nam look like a Sunday school picnic.

This is a war of ideology. The "war on terror" is just a convenient spin phrase to sell the war to the American people, and it looks like they are buying it.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
And probably the very same percentage of the world believe that Muslims are out to rule the world, so what is the difference or big deal here?

Must have been a slow news day so they created a poll to make the west look bad again, that seems to be the medias agenda lately.

[edit on 4/24/2007 by shots]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
As if they could be much weaker.

It is funny though. The thought of a utopian middle east leading the world in science, morality, ect. And here comes the big bad west trying to ruin the good time.

Truth is they have been blaming the west for their troubles for a long time and see the currents events as yet another excuse to blame their failures on.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
What makes you think that this Administration is NOT at war with Islam?
Do you think this war is going to stop with Iraq and Afghanistan? Not hardly!!

There is a much greater "crusade" in the works that has been planned long before 911.

www.washingtonmonthly.com...

www.iviews.com...

This War is going to make Nam look like a Sunday school picnic.

This is a war of ideology. The "war on terror" is just a convenient spin phrase to sell the war to the American people, and it looks like they are buying it.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by whaaa]

What makes me think this isnt a war on Islam? The fact that Ive been downrange (deployed) in Iraq and Afghanistan. I have seen the war first hand and its not a War on Islam. We have Muslim soldiers who serve proudly in our Military. I became good friends with two in my last unit and one in this unit. I deployed with these people and we worked together to help the people in Afghanistan and Iraq. I made a number of friends with Interpreters in Afghanistan. They were all Muslim. We did not mistreat them or do anything to offend them. When we went into towns we would sit down with people, drink tea, eat food, play with the children, hand out candy, and do what we could to help whether it was medics treating people or us handing clothes, blankets, radios, etc.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Not just the US, but the western world, NWO call it what you want.

Christianity (True Christianity) where people actually hold to bible teachings is almost non excistant anymore (on a global scale). The only Religion which is threatening the NWO is Islam, where most believers actually follow the teachings, some go ever the top of course and this minority is being fueled into overreaction.

They are trying to get rid of religion eventually, replace it with science and military world domination

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oblate Spheroid
The only Religion which is threatening the NWO is Islam, where most believers actually follow the teachings, some go ever the top of course and this minority is being fueled into overreaction.

Ermm...no.

The theory is that all organised religions are controlled by the NWO to cause conflict between different people thus making it easy to control the population. So, Islam is apart of it not against it (if you believe the theory that is)

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Look,I have said time and time again that this "war on terrorism" is nothing if it's not a religious war. It's basically the religions of Islam and Christianity trying to revamp the crusades in an effort to regain the power they once had.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Seems to me the War on Terrorism is just that, War on Terrorism.. if religious faiths are mixed into the millions of maniac kill'm all murderer terrorists, then is it the religious upbringing that has manipulated people to hate countries such as America? If so why?

The 'free' world is threatened by the extremists and it seems to me there are millions of extremists waiting for their orders.
Changing the ideology of teachers of hate, will in the long run lower the threat. Taking over their Country will only intensify their interest in killing innocent people.

Dallas

top topics

join