It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Person Arrested With Gun And Knife At University of South Florida Campus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Just heard this from a friend, and on USF's own site

To: Students, faculty and staff of the USF community

We want to inform the university community about an incident that took place early this morning, in the parking lot of the USF Police Department.

At 3:58 a.m., USF Police discovered a 47-year-old man sleeping in his car with a .38 caliber handgun on the seat next to him. The man, not affiliated with USF, was arrested for possession of a firearm on school property. A further search of the vehicle produced a shotgun and a knife.

At no point were any students, faculty or staff endangered, and thanks to the fast action and professionalism of USF Police, the situation was resolved as soon as it was discovered. For further details review the press release issued by the USF Tampa campus police department at usfweb3.usf.edu...

The incident highlights the ongoing importance of awareness regarding on-campus safety issues. It is also a reminder of the need for the USF community to take advantage of such personal safety measures as the MoBull emergency alert system.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
At least nothing happened - I dont know maybe this sort of thing happens quite a bit, and not a single news agency is reporting it yet. Perhaps something worse was prevented - who knows.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well odd, this seems to have been hushed up pretty quickly - guess it was not a big deal. Several of my friends heard about it at USF and it came and went there and didn't even make any national headlines I guess. It was even removed from USF's website.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Would he have known it was school property? He was in a police car park after all. He might have chosen a spot near the police station as a safe place to catch a nap.. just speculating.

top topics

join