It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ and Antichrist, the Two Lambs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The Apostle John is reputed to have written both The Revelation and the Gospel of John. It is significant that the Greek word for “Lamb” that John uses in his Gospel to refer to Jesus Christ is NOT the same Greek word John uses for “Lamb” in The Revelation. Who is this second “Lamb”?

John uses two Greek words for “Lamb”. They are arnion and amnos.

They occur in the following passages in the New Testament:

Amnos

John 1:29, 36

Acts 8:32 “The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth”.

1 Peter 1:19 “But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot”.

Amnos, which is specifically used in the New Testament in reference to Jesus Christ, is never used in the Book of Revelation.

Arnion

Revelation:

5:6, 8, 12, 13

6:1, 16

7:9, 10, 14, 17

12:11

13:8, 11

14:1, 4, 10

15:3

17:14

19:7, 9

21:9, 14, 22, 23, 27

22:1, 3

Apart from the Book of Revelation the only other passage in the New Testament in which arnion is used is John 21:15, which reads, “So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs [arnion]”.

Amnos mean simply “lamb”. In contrast, arnion means “little lamb”. John 21:15 indicates that arnion is a designation for a follower of Jesus Christ. This fact supplies us with an important clue to the character and identity of the Lamb-figure in The Revelation.

IN CONCLUSION

This word study further supports my claim regarding the meaning and nature of the Antichrist.

The relationship between Jesus Christ and the Antichrist is illustrated by the relationship between “Lamb” and “little lamb”. The Antichrist is similar in standing to the latter, a “vice” as in vicegerent, vice regent, or Vice President; in any case, a person appointed by a ruler or head of state to act as an administrative deputy.

As a follower of Jesus the Christ, the Antichrist supports rather than opposes Him.

Lastly, this charge given to Simon Peter, as cited by John, appears to be prophetic. As the first pope, Peter pre-figured the Arnion of The Revelation, who is likely the last pope, Peter II (Petrus Romanus), the Antichrist.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, while I am certainly not going to say that I agree with your views, they are indeed intriguing. The anti-Christ in a sense will play a role in serving as a lesson to humanity. Just like Hitler and every other tyrant has. Albeit, many times an unlearned lesson. It seems that we continue to fall into the same traps as we always have.

Ummm, some have come to the conclusion that God and Satan have a pact of sorts. I am not going to say that I necesssarily agree with this assessment I am just laying it out there.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Good and evil are merely products of duality, as is Christ and Anti-Christ (states of mind, NOT people). Anyone waiting for the return of a physical person as the anti-/christ is waisting their time.

Hitler, Bush, Cheney...they are all human beings. They are not inherently evil, as again, evil is merely a product of duality. They merely walked their own paths, and whilst what they did was bad, they can not be solely blaimed for what they did! Society created these monsters, not Satan.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Shrunken, to some extent you are correct. Anyone who has read up on the life of Hitler quickly realizes that there were things that led him to feel the way he did. Now, that is in no way an attempt to condone his actions, but there is a story behind the madness.

Bush, well, I have argued that Bush is really just being led around the nose by a group of people who don't give a damn about our nation. Of course, Bush takes the heat. He is left standing in front of lights and cameras trying to find explanations for actions that are technically, not even his!!

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Neron Kesar....there's a bunch of meaning in your pen-name, 'Nero' is contained in your cryptic & that's all i can see immediately...

as for the distinctions in the words for 'lamb & Lamb'
your quite correct.
but the way i've been encouraged to interpet the difference is just
a little different from your ,
but not so much the conclusion arrived at. (i.e. a Christian leader)

I'm certain the 'lamb' of Revelation that your referencing is found here:

And I beheld another beast coming out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Revelation: 13:11

that meaning of 'lamb' is similar to the Apostles/believers being referred to as 'lamb'.
As opposed to Christ himself, referred to as 'Lamb' [as in Sacrifical lamb]

but here we depart from like thinking...
as i see the Rev. 13:11 'lamb' is the lesser to the AntiChrist
rather than to anything else.
the 2nd Beast(the figure that has 2 horns like a lamb) aka; False Prophet
has been forever linked with the 1st Beast; the AntiChrist, coming out of the Sea.
the 2nd Beast, even though a lesser endowed personna, is empowered in his mission because of using the authority & power of the 1st Beast...
get my meaning of 'lamb' & the counterfeit 'Lamb' at the end-time Revelation??

there is also a personal construct i'm in the process of develping that:

Paul, played the pre-curser role of the future 'False Prophet'
when he single handedly usurped the Christian cult from the
Peterist sect (and others)

but this is a thing i;m working on....that the end-times apocalypse/revelation was 1st acted out during the
30AD-to-crucifixion- then to 70AD=compressed into a 7 year Tribulation
with Jesus and Paul (aka Saul of Tarsus) as the 2 Lamb/lamb
which were the forerunners of the Beast/beast that is to come future.

thanks

Originally posted by Neron Kesar
The Apostle John is reputed to have written both The Revelation and the Gospel of John. It is significant that the Greek word for “Lamb” that John uses in his Gospel to refer to Jesus Christ is NOT the same Greek word John uses for “Lamb” in The Revelation. Who is this second “Lamb”

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Bush, well, I have argued that Bush is really just being led around the nose by a group of people who don't give a damn about our nation. Of course, Bush takes the heat. He is left standing in front of lights and cameras trying to find explanations for actions that are technically, not even his!!

I know this sounds awful, but i feel sorry for Bush. He was brought into a family that runs on corruption and greed, naturally he is going to follow in their footsteps considering what kind of person Bush Snr is. Of course that doesn't excuse him from not walking away when he had the chance, but we all make errors of judgement in life. That much is true.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

I know this sounds awful, but i feel sorry for Bush. He was brought into a family that runs on corruption and greed, naturally he is going to follow in their footsteps considering what kind of person Bush Snr is. Of course that doesn't excuse him from not walking away when he had the chance, but we all make errors of judgement in life. That much is true.

Shruken, to be honest, I do too. However, he allowed himself to follow those footsteps. Look, he has had a choice, too bad, in most instances, he hasn't made the correct one.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Indeed. Although im sure the road he decided to take was mapped out for him before he was even born. I feel sorry for him only to the extent that he was brought into such a family. However, despite what he has done, i can not hate him, because ultimately we are all the same, from the same source infact... We must all take responsiblities for our actions, and he will have to balance out what he's done (karma), and it will take him ALOT of lifetimes to achieve that.

Im hijacking this thread, someone please hijack it back, thanks

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Nicely put shrunkenSimon, the Duality of mankind being the good and Evil ( Devil ) in us all and the constant struggle to turn to good ( God ). The rise of evil in our current society being due to greed, selfishness and ego is the return to Anti-Christ like behaviours.

When it is recognised that the allegorical morals taught in most religious text's today are exactly that then we can break free of the limitations of the interpretations the ruling theocracy have bound us by.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Anyone waiting for the return of a physical person as the anti-/christ is waisting their time.

Not quite. I know the true, biblical Antichrist. He satisfies the conditions set forth in the Bible.

I will continue to post supporting documentation, probably one article per day, leading up to the time of his public announcement.

He is a good person, not the evil monster the world has been conditioned to believe. He is the only solution to the world's problems.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Not quite. I know the true, biblical Antichrist. He satisfies the conditions set forth in the Bible.

I will continue to post supporting documentation, probably one article per day, leading up to the time of his public announcement.

He is a good person, not the evil monster the world has been conditioned to believe. He is the only solution to the world's problems.

You know this guy? Firstly, I don't think the anti-Christ knows that he is the anti-Christ. I think the guy who will turn out to be the anti-Christ is a guy that just thinks he has some "grand" purpose.

Secondly, the guy that is deemed to be the anti-Christ doesn't become the anti-Christ until AFTER his fatal wound to the head, which is about 3 1/2 years into his reign.

So, I have to say that I don't think you know who the anti-Christ is.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I know that my claim about knowing the Antichrist may sound fantastical. I plan to post articles daily in support of this claim. Perhaps you can put two and two together as I enlarge the picture.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Anyone waiting for the return of a physical person as the anti-/christ is waisting their time.

Hi /

If you know of the Antichrist, then why not let us people know of him as well?
Are you a friend of his?
Are you an apostle of his?

I ask this because it seems that you have only recently started posting here at ATS and you said that you will continue to post information QUOTE/leading up to the time of his public announcement.
What age is he or what age will he be at the time of his appearance?
Im guessing here that you know of him and if that is correct, then you must know of his age?
You mention he is the solution the the worlds problems?
How did you arrive to the conclusion that the antichrist is the solution to the worlds problems?
Is that because when he makes his appearance, he will bring the whole world together and peace will reign?
Isnt this the false peace that Jesus Christ Himself spoke of ?

Im just curious at to how you think you may know of him and why you say that he is a good person, when Scripture depicts him as being the opposite?
Or maybe I should not be curious and leave it at that!
Anyway....

IX
helen

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
helen670,

All of your questions will be answered in the articles I post, including the question of his age and date of birth. Keep watching, and may God bless you.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Kesar, you do realize that this guy has to meet certain physical attributes based on the book of Daniel in order to be th eanti-Christ, don't you?

Does this guy,

1) Have a "fierce countenance" as in, does he look angry physically?

2) Is he "without regard for women," as in celibate?

If he fails to meet either one of those two characteristics, then he is not the anti-Christ.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Those are easy. There are a greater number of physical characteristics, plus the lineage of both mother and family.

When submitted for statistical analysis, the identifying characteristics connected with the person I claim to be the Antichrist may very well make him rarer than Jesus Christ when a similar analysis is applied to Him. Keep watching.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Heres the BIG question. How did you receive the "mark"?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The Mark of the Beast is connected to buying and selling, so it likely represents a currency.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Likely? you do not sound confident. What was the info that was given to you to link this person as the "anti-christ"

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Has anyone followed the news regarding some crackpot in mexico who claims to have 2 million followers and who calls himself the antichrist?

Now Nero are you a follower of his trying to spread the "socalled" news?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join